Sign in to follow this  
RaincloudDustbin

LEGO 'Legends' Speculation and Confirmation

CM4S originally posted this link in the Historic forum but seeing as it is about multiple themes, I figured this is could also go here .

If you didn't know, LEGO seem to be re-releasing some 'classic' sets with the collective name 'Legends'

Now the thought crossed my mind that possibly this could include Minifigures although they aren't already listed.

The website is Dutch but after a Chrome Translate Job everything became clear.

The Link is as follows...

http://www.brickshop...go/legends.html

Edited by TeardropTrashcan

that looks promising! but all castle! Expected: First of aug. 2013?! This shop seems to have special connections (not always appreciated by AFOL communities), like with the Maersk, they were the first to have the Maersk train for demo purposes.

"Deze catagorie is bestemd voor LEGO sets die reeds al eens eerder zijn uitgebracht. LEGO heeft besloten een aantal klassiekers terug te laten keren onder de naam LEGO Legends..."

This categorie is designated for LEGO sets formerly released. LEGO has decided to let a number of classics return under the LEGO Legends flag.

Now, I'm skeptical that these are re-releases of old sets. The description that mentions reissues of old sets is clearly describing the classic LEGO Legends line, which is listed under the same category. Also, if we're going to see reissues of sets, why would they all be castles (especially when so many classic castle parts have been discontinued)? It seems quite likely to me that for whatever reason these sets may have just been listed under an existing theme name not related to the actual theme they are a part of. Let's not ignore that the Mini Modulars, Volkswagen Beetle, and Medieval Market Village are also listed under the LEGO Legends branding on brickshop.nl. None of these were reissues.

On a side note, I think there may be discussion of these already going on in the historic themes subforum.

Now, I'm skeptical that these are re-releases of old sets.

This is pure speculation based on the decision by one webshop to put a couple of 5-digit set numbers under the 'Legends' heading.

On a side note, I think there may be discussion of these already going on in the historic themes subforum.

Indeed.

Locked. Please continue the discussion in the Historic Themes forum.