Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus

LDD MOC: Mineral Wagons

I think i have got this to a good point i am happy with it.

just need to price parts to see if i am using any rare parts. i dont think i am so far.

coalwagon8.png

coalwagon7.png

coalwagon6.png

coalwagon5.png

These are for my yellow cargo train. i am making a maintenance one, so i will have about 3 of these and then use that truck from i think its the red cargo set with the digger/train maintenance truck on it.

Train looks great. Another idea for you is to use the 4203 mining set but put the lorry trailer on railway bogies. I'm working on one at the moment. I have narrowed the chassis of the excavator by 2 studs and will try and put the small train wheels back and front at some stage

p1010386.jpg

p1010388.jpg

p1010389.jpg

cant take all the credit some of these ideas where taken from others, just added some slight mods onto them.

They look good. I am thinking of building some coal carrying wagons myself for my black steam train to pull. Trying to come up with something I like. On yours I like that you have the doors that open on the sides. I was thing of the whole side dropping down, but maybe I can just use the doors in a similar fashion.

These are more ballast type trucks, but coal trucks from steam days just need to be a little shorter thats all.

my over all yellow cargo train. with all its trucks

(snip wonderful pictures)

Wow that is going to be a beautiful MOW train when it's all done. I can't think of any criticism or helpful comment to make at all except to say that if it was my MOW train I'd add another ballast truck.

my over all yellow cargo train. with all its trucks

(snip)

Looks like someone liked my MOW train that I uploaded to MOCPages! :laugh:

1314811925m_DISPLAY.jpg

Good job on making it look more authentic. I have to admit, I should have thought about that yellow cargo engine.

Anyway, good job on the grey wagons! :thumbup:

Edited by Murdoch17

yup murdoch one of many of yours i liked and are stating to work on. the bits for this lots should flote in over the coming weeks. first packages arriving to build the signal tower.

Will also post up an update file of the wagon for all to download.

Update guys Wagon is made still waiting on more parts to make two more but here is the final item

dscf9302qsrk.jpg

dscf9301v.jpg

dscf9300h.jpg

dscf9299z.jpg

More of my MOW train

dscf9305e.jpg

dscf9304u.jpg

dscf9303c.jpg

The LDD was good looking, but the real thing is even better. Makes me want to try building a mineral wagon on a somehow wider basis (my trains are in the 7-8 studs range for witdh).