just2good

2013 LEGO Pirates rumors and discussion.

7/10/15, i can't wait that long!

Is that the official release date for PoTC 5? Where'd you see it?

EDIT: Never mind, realized it was sort of old news.

Edited by Grimmbeard

It was announced on the official Disney Facebook Page on January 10, although the exact date wasn't given but other news sources state July 10 2015.

Thank you Governor. I am glad you found that, looks like there is a light of this dark non-pirate tunnel.

Well technically 2014 is Lego Pirate's 25th Anniversary so even if there are no new PoTC sets you might hope Lego throws us some kind of bone next year.

Well technically 2014 is Lego Pirate's 25th Anniversary so even if there are no new PoTC sets you might hope Lego throws us some kind of bone next year.

Aye, a brief classic pirates theme before PoTC 5, would be a good plan. Nothing but speculation, ay, speculation me hearties.

I want a classic pirates theme. Not interested in a license. Would be great to see a smaller merchant vessel, a big port and new soldiers, Spanish maybe Portuguese.

If there is a new Pirate theme I hope we get some updated Bluecoats. Current ones really look outdated like all Bluecoats are in their heads ...

Well if they begin a new pirate theme of even better: go along with the 2009-series, I really hope new soldiers will be introduced too, updated Bluecoats seems like a good idea, or instead of the already used English-lookalike soldiers, French-lookalike soldiers, or armada, I would suggest Portugese or even better: Dutch! :laugh:

If there is a new Pirate theme I hope we get some updated Bluecoats. Current ones really look outdated like all Bluecoats are in their heads ...

Well the new revolutionary war soldier has basically an updated bluecoat torso, so that's a good sign :classic:

And about the portugese/spanish/dutch, TLG tries to avoid actual nations in their sets, but I think modeling off different historic uniforms is entirely possible.

That sail doesn't look like it's made out of cloth, but I wonder how it would look on a LEGO ship.

Aye, a brief classic pirates theme before PoTC 5, would be a good plan. Nothing but speculation, ay, speculation me hearties.

With the aniversary, I wouldnt be too surprised to see a re-re-release of BSB perhaps? If it was literally going to be a one off special I think that would be more in TLC's interest than making a brand new set for the occasion...

Well the new revolutionary war soldier has basically an updated bluecoat torso, so that's a good sign :classic:

Beat me to it! It wouldnt look too out of place going up against the fancy 2009 redcoat torso!

That's a link to a Hero Factory review. I see nothing about pirates there.

Edit: You must have been trying to link to something like this:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10514-1

Okay then. Duplo Pirates. Yeah.

Whoopsie. Forgot to copy the link. :P That's exactly the set I meant.

Edited by Devorath

That's a great ship! This year, with some great Lego City cat burglars, Lego Galaxy Squad (read Insectoids), Lego Castle, Lego Lone Ranger and now this, I can collect all the classic themes. :pirate:

Edited by Devorath

It's a very good-looking ship indeed, but it's sides are very, very low. Unsurprisingly, it looks every inch a vessel intended for navigating the shallows instead of heading out to sea. Put it next to the Imperial Flagship and it might look somewhat out of place.

So the question is, what would be the best way to modify it? Does it look more Arabian or East-Asian? How high can you bring up the decks without it looking too tall? And where to get a crew for it? Ah well, at least we've got time to ponder.

Sorry for the double post, but here is photos of the new Lotr Ship.

It has a very Troll Warship-ish feel to me.

I agree, I'm not sure if it really has a piratey feel to it.

Though it does look like the ships in the movie.

maybe because, like me, you were expecting a bigger sails, more like a "latin sail" than a shorter "junk".

Also, the ship has that trireme feeling, good for medieval, but too old for firepower age.

nevertheless, has cool colors and great design, one of the best of TLOR, and for an early pirate age, could be nice!

It is just awesome! a LotR set I'll actually buy, at least 2 copys of it. Already got great ideas to modify it :D