just2good

2013 LEGO Pirates rumors and discussion.

Apparently PotC 5 is looking to be a go, and today's Variety just announced a new scriptwriter for it. No word on release date yet.

Thanks for the heads up - but it's useful to cite your sources.

Everyone else check out Disney hires writer for 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' on Variety.com if you like reading cliche ridden drivel which contains a grain of useful information.

Or...

Disney and Johnny Depp may be getting ready to set sail again as the Mouse House has tapped "Catch Me if You Can" scribe Jeff Nathanson to pen "Pirates of the Caribbean 5."

Jerry Bruckheimer is producing with Depp set to return as Captain Jack Sparrow.

Plot details are unknown, and it's not clear whether thesps from past installments, like Geoffrey Rush or Keira Knightley, would return to reprise their roles.

The "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise has grossed more than $3.5 billion worldwide with the 2011 "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" grossing more than $1 billion worldwide.

Though Depp has not yet signed on, Disney is currently developing a sequel to "Alice in Wonderland," and the actor has often said that as long as the material is good, he would be happy to return.

Nathanson is also writing the script to the DreamWorks adventure "The 39 Clues." He is repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham, Branca, Fischer, Gilbert-Lurie, Stiffelman & Cook.

I guess I have not read that yet, is it certain that new Castle is a "bridge" theme? Are we talking Pirates Jr. here? That would be very disappointing. I still have a ton of those Pirates Jr. hulls that I can't fully find a good use for.

I don't know that "bridge theme" or "Pirates or Castle Jr" is the correct term yet. But the new Castle theme is definitely targeted younger than at least some of the previous Kingdoms line was. You do not see anything along the lines of Kingdoms Joust, MMV or Mill Village Raid. One of the Lego store managers basically indicated that yes they are figuring that LotR's is more geared for the older kids and AFOL's, they want something to catch the newer fans as they leave Duplo and bring them up into System.

Pirates may be in an even weirder place for this. Did I read somewhere that Lego will be producing "Jake and the Pirates" Duplo sets under the Disney license? If so the question becomes do they then want a bridge theme to feed off of that, or would they prefer not to have any in house Pirates competing with the Duplo theme for the younger kids?

Did I read somewhere that Lego will be producing "Jake and the Pirates" Duplo sets under the Disney license? If so the question becomes do they then want a bridge theme to feed off of that, or would they prefer not to have any in house Pirates competing with the Duplo theme for the younger kids?

Brickset lists three Jake and the Pirates Duplo Sets, otherwise information is scarse at the moment.

The monthly mini model build for September is going to be a pirate. Spotted it on brickset:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=40069-1

Brickset lists three Jake and the Pirates Duplo Sets, otherwise information is scarse at the moment.

Lol, I'll admit it... I watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates in the morning before going to work. I wouldn't buy any Duplo over it though. :)

Does nobody cite their sources anymore? Well here's a possible source.

Disney also announced "Pirates of the Caribbean 5" will open July 10, 2015. The next "Pirates" will star Johnny Depp with a script by Jeff Nathanson, but no director has been attached.

Well I don't want to be rude but I aint a damn troll who spreads false rumors just for fun.Ok I didn't posted the source what's the big deal?

Edited by LOTR343

Nobody was implying you're a troll who spreads rumours, but providing sources makes the information you post more credible.

Do you think this means we could get some more Pirates sets in 2015, or maybe even as early as 2014? :pir-grin:

Yea your right.I was just over exited about the fact that we're getting to see more from potc and I forgote to post the source.

Do you think this means we could get some more Pirates sets in 2015, or maybe even as early as 2014? :pir-grin:

I dont know about 2014 but I hope for more POTC sets on 2015.

Does nobody cite their sources anymore? Well here's a possible source.

That article is referencing this one:

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/disney-gives-muppets-2-brad-birds-1952-release-dates-moves-maleficent-72941

Although there isn't any additional or clearer information, and they don't explain what the "omnibus announcement" is or where it was announced. Not that I'm saying they're making it up or anything, just that there's no obvious link to a press release or anything.

It'll be curious to see if Lego makes more PotC. Wake me up in November of 2014 when the prelims get leaked. :)

Potc 5 is set to release june 2015. So my guess, if lego still has the lisence, may 2015.

Edited by Cammo

I'm pretty sure the license is worn out, but it shouldn't be too hard for TLG to get another, since they're interacting with Disney a lot now (star wars, lone ranger)

I'm pretty sure the license is worn out, but it shouldn't be too hard for TLG to get another, since they're interacting with Disney a lot now (star wars, lone ranger)

I couldn't agree more. If TLG wants a license with Disney. They could probably get it anytime.

Licenses don't "wear out", they expire after a period of time - although that's what you probably meant. :pir-classic:

However, if the first wave of LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean sets was profitable then its reasonable to assume they would renew the license for sequels.

As the LEGO Group doesn't publicly release licensing information, it's difficult to determine what's happening.

If TLG wants a license with Disney. They could probably get it anytime.

That's not entirely accurate as there may be other parties willing to pay more for a Disney license. However, it's possible the LEGO Group has established an arrangement with the Walt Disney Company to automatically secure licensing for most of their film franchises.

Err... that was lotta rubbish. Please don't believe a word of it, for humanity's sake.

Yeah, I don't even know if that's serious or not. No one believe it please!

Edited by Grimmbeard

It reads like it was written by a delusional teenage girl...

My first thought as well.

"And I'm going to meet Johnny Depp, and I'm going to write a film for him, and I'm going to be in the film as well, and then this happens and then this happens and then this happens and then..."

OR!

*conspiricy face on*

That's what Bruckheimer WANTS us to believe! It's all an elaborate bluff! If he posts the entire synopsis and frames it as the delusional ravings of an obsessed fanfic writer, we'll never believe it and the secret will be safe!

THE PERFECT CRIME

Also the moon landings were faked and JFK rode Shergar out of Dallas all the way to Atlantis so he could meet Elvis.

wait, what? there is a revolutionary war soldier coming in a book? what book? i want the wig! where can i get the book?

Out of date information. It was speculated that the revolutionary soldier would come with the upcoming CMF book by Dorling Kindersley, but that turned out to be untrue. Instead, the book will come with the far less exciting toy soldier minifig, and the revolutionary soldier will be part of the CMF series 10.

And yes, you want the wig. It looks amazing. You'll want plenty of these guys.