CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

Why Lego didn't run pirates alongside LOTR and then castle now is odd but so are a lot of things they do

We were spoiled with LotR and the Hobbit alongside Castle for the last year, plus LoTR/Hobbit was arguably one of the best 'Castle' lines to date. My hope is that with this delay, we will see a nice new concept like the yellow/green dragons and the fantasy dwarves/trolls. The best things about last year's line was the new dragon faction (even though the crest isn't the best) and the return of a dragon (even though it's almost a complete duplicate of an earlier version).

For me, the CMF's have provided as much excitement as Castle in the past few years with the amazing variety of castle and historic figures. I would love to see some gnomes and new Elves or Dwarves, or other races, but only time will tell.

It seems like the TLG's LotR/Hobbit run was completely altered, and so they may have a very different schedule proposed originally.

But we got 2 Clastle themes almost back to back. I think we can expect the next Castle line next year. I hope the next one will be stellar, not like the 2013 one.

Besides, the only true evergreen theme is City

Castle and Space appear more sporadically

Pirates it's a classic theme but it's hardly evergreen

We were spoiled with LotR and the Hobbit alongside Castle for the last year, plus LoTR/Hobbit was arguably one of the best 'Castle' lines to date.

I will never agree with this statment. LotR/Hobbit licence was not milked enough, so much potential wasted.

Few points:

-Great figures, but many of them were unnecesary overdesigned (Azog,Smaug)

-besides like 4 sets the rest are boring ugly, have no cool pieces,

-No battlepacks

We will get new castle theme in summer next year. like always. And let's pray it will be a FANTASY one.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

By the way, I think this thread is obsolete now

I think we need a "Next Castle Theme" thread pinned, similar to the "Future LotR Sets?" thread.

Edited by Robert8

if the mods agree I could unstick this thread and fix the castele 2016? one