CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

My post wasn't directed at you or anyone else in particular, it was more of a general response to the whole debate about historical accuracy (or the lack thereof) using shields in LEGO, as it has come up many times before.

That is true. The shields themselves do not reflect the intricacies that usually went into crests, and are very simplified.

It would make sense for them to re-release the Kings castle from the kingdoms line especially if we are getting Dragon Mountain. I'm guessing the Dragon Mountain is the Dragon factions fortress atop a mountain. Then we get a castle for each faction.

No actual Dragons just a fortress that is owned by the Dragon Faction.

We have already had a few dragon buildings.. its time the Dragon Faction had a proper fortress... They don't seem the type to have a castle.

70402 The Gatehouse Raid is the one that most intrigues me. Instead of being a castle, it sounds like a gate to a walled city. Perhaps it is something that can be added to me Bree area.

I'm both pleased and displeased that they're going to re-release the 2010 Kings Castle. Pleased because I didn't get chance to buy it last time and displeased because it seems a bit lazy to not release something different.

It would make sense for them to re-release the Kings castle from the kingdoms line especially if we are getting Dragon Mountain. I'm guessing the Dragon Mountain is the Dragon factions fortress atop a mountain. Then we get a castle for each faction.

We have already had a few dragon buildings.. its time the Dragon Faction had a proper fortress... They don't seem the type to have a castle.

I always got the impression that the Green Dragon knights were a force that had lost their lands and castle. They were getting scruffy, raiding and ambushing from the woods, and raiding farms. They weren't quite Forrestmen, but were getting there. The few buildings they had seemed more like old jails or watchtowers.

70402 The Gatehouse Raid is the one that most intrigues me. Instead of being a castle, it sounds like a gate to a walled city. Perhaps it is something that can be added to me Bree area.

I think it will likely be a modular set of a gate house that can be easily attached to other sets like the Kings Castle.

I also think it makes sense that it be rereleased since it is the central/pivotal set to the Kingdoms line. It's also possible it may be a slightly different set maybe with the newer horses etc. TLG has rerelease sets in the past sometimes with slight differences in piece counts or minifigs.

Edited by Nicker

I always got the impression that the Green Dragon knights were a force that had lost their lands and castle. They were getting scruffy, raiding and ambushing from the woods, and raiding farms. They weren't quite Forrestmen, but were getting there. The few buildings they had seemed more like old jails or watchtowers.

Yeah, so I wouldn't expect their fortress to look like a state-of-the-art palace, but rather a rundown old cave in a mountain. Dragon Mountain sounds just like such a thing!

Yeah, so I wouldn't expect their fortress to look like a state-of-the-art palace, but rather a rundown old cave in a mountain. Dragon Mountain sounds just like such a thing!

Even though it called Dragon Mountain it could still look very Castle/Fortress like maybe similar to the Kings Mountain Fortress. I picture a castle built into the top or side of a mountain somehow.

One other tangential piece of evidence that the new sets are a new wave of Kingdoms. I had posted this a few weeks back, but it seems to make more sense now. My local target recently redid their Lego aisle, and put up some new Lego marketing banners and displays. The most prominent is an arch that hangs over the aisle featuring a bunch of Minifigs. Modern current city figs, Batman, the MF Frankenstein monster, so this was obviously a very new piece of signage. And right there standing with the brand new figs and themes is the Kingdoms Lion King.

This is killing me - I was just looking at buying the original Kingdoms Castle,and now I wonder if I should wait. If I do wait and the new castle turns out to be different, I imagine the aftermarket price on the original will be even higher and I'll end up paying more for it.

There's no good answer for this one. I wonder if ending up with both would really be so bad? :grin:

You've got to wonder why they discontinued it in the first place. I understand that they wanted to keep the shelves clear for the LotR stuff, but they could have continued to sell the castle on their website. Not sure whether that means there will be changes or not? I suspect we'll at least get the new horse design.

You've got to wonder why they discontinued it in the first place. I understand that they wanted to keep the shelves clear for the LotR stuff, but they could have continued to sell the castle on their website. Not sure whether that means there will be changes or not? I suspect we'll at least get the new horse design.

In their eyes the theme has never been discontinued. Remember there were two new Kingdoms sets issued this year. Joust and the Chess set. It still has an active theme on s@h and a spot on shelves in Lego stores.

I was referring only to the 7946 Kings Castle set. Obviously the theme as a whole has been kept going by the Joust and Chess set. It seems strange to me for Lego to cut a set for 18 months or so and then re-release exactly the same set again. They might as well have kept that set available along with the new ones.

Who said they were rereleasing that set? Sounds like speculation to me. PURE speculation.

I have sources too you know, and I have heard things that don't mesh with what we have here. Let's just remember NONE of this is confirmed! NONE of it.

Yeah Kings Castle is a name they have re used repeatedly. And even if it is a similar Castle, it doesn't mean it is a wholesale duplication. Look at how many releases and returns some Star Wars subjects have gotten over the years? I would imagine at a minimum a new version of the set would have a few changes, such as the new horses. (Heck we just got those in the Black Friday giveaway sets).

Who said they were rereleasing that set? Sounds like speculation to me. PURE speculation.

I have sources too you know, and I have heard things that don't mesh with what we have here. Let's just remember NONE of this is confirmed! NONE of it.

I hope your sources end up being more accurate than some of the speculation here. I would prefer an all new large Castle especially if it happens to be a new faction like Black Falcons but even if it isn't I will be happy.

Agreed that this is all wild speculation, but if we really get Kingdoms Part 2, and one of the sets is a Dragon Castle, I would be ecstatic. I loved Kingdoms, and my biggest beef with it was how horribly outnumbered the Dragons were. Those guys needed a real base, and even though I played around with modding the Prison Tower, I never really got it looking like a major base to rival the Lions.

Like Faefrost, I always imagined the Dragons were a group of people who had been ousted from their lands by the Lions and had taken to banditry and guerilla warfare against the Lions. So I wouldn't expect them to have the same kind of castle the Lions had, but some kind of big hidden lair in the mountains or the deep forest. Now, with the rumors flying around here, I'm almost convinced that TLG will give me exactly the kind of base I'd imagined.

I almost hope it isn't true, because I just won't be able to afford all the Lego I want in 2013. But if it is true, any Dragon sets released will immediately go to the top of my wish list.

Remember that the new horse has a new head shape. If Kingdoms is seeing a new wave, TLG had to design new horse armor to keep consistancy. I remember that being an issue somewhere. I see a Dragon Mountain set as likely having a dragon maw entrance, maybe a ruin.

As for the CMF tie in, I doubt it. If you really look at the Forest Maiden's hair, and then consider that Disney and Pixar just released Brave on DVD & BluRay; she could simply be TLG reaching for more of the 'tween girl market along with the four other female CMFs. You could just as easily put her next to the Highland Warrior fig in a mock scene from the movie.

Remember that the new horse has a new head shape. If Kingdoms is seeing a new wave, TLG had to design new horse armor to keep consistancy. I remember that being an issue somewhere.

Yeah, the problem piece is the Horse Head armor. While the new horses head is overall pretty much the same size as the old, just a little rounder, the ears are much wider and the head armor will not go over them. The old barding will fit the new horses. It just prevents you from using the new position-able rear legs. So you can put the Barding on, but can't have the horse rearing when you do.

I think it is sort of assumed that we will be seeing new horse armor at some point soon. Probably in a LotR Pelinor set. (Faramir's Charge hopefully). But with new Castle sets coming it may show up there first.

Edited by Faefrost

If TLG re-releases the castle set, they'd be shooting 1x1 bricks at their own heads. Their products are literally flying off the shelves with collectors demanding for more, and not more of the same. Star Wars does revisit old sets but always with a new flare. We'd had the Kingdoms line on their site for months on end with no little change. There's no way they are going to re-release a castle. It just makes no sense. Something very new and amazing is in store for us - I can feel it.

On top of that, I'd bet half of my bricks that their minifigure series in the future WILL contain knights from each new faction just like the one we're going to get with the Crownie knight in series 9. It's all going this way because of this fan base we have here. Great job everyone and keep it up :laugh: !!! Our voices will be heard.

So will do the sets HAVE to have the new style horses or do you think they just might use the old horse one more time? Because I absolutely loved the horse head armore and haveing new barding would kinda stink since it wouldn't go with the original Kingdoms sets…

Edited by The_Creator

I hope there isn't anything from older waves coming back. I want new everything!

I have also always wanted a modular castle line, like the modular city buildings they come out with. 150-200 dollar UCS sets that make one big castle. Tower here, then a gatehouse, a keep, and wall sections!

I've been thinking more about what the new "Kings Castle set could be. I was thinking that if Kingdoms is in fact returning for 2013 like some have said then it makes sense that TLG intended this castle theme to probably have a much longer run than most. Kingdoms would suggest that there will be more than one King in the theme otherwise it would not be Kingdoms. I suspect that this new Kings Castle will actually be for a different faction than the previous King Castle for the Kingdoms line. I think it could very well be for the Black Falcon King or maybe the King of the Dragon Knights. I'm sure it will be a pleasant surprise whatever it is. I can't wait to see pictures of these rumored sets.

I hope there isn't anything from older waves coming back. I want new everything!

I have also always wanted a modular castle line, like the modular city buildings they come out with. 150-200 dollar UCS sets that make one big castle. Tower here, then a gatehouse, a keep, and wall sections!

I agree, I always thought that if almost every castle set was modular it would spur more sales since both kids and adult would want to build larger castle using all the modules and in some cases I think many people would buy multiples of these sets. For example you could buy 2 gatehouse sets if you wanted to have 2 different gatehouses in your castle or there may be a fairly generic wall section set that would allow to assemble the sets to make your castle walls as long as you want. There could be a set for a corner tower and a set for a mid wall tower etc. The ideas for sets could go on and on.

The wall sections could be like the LOTR Uruk-Hai Army "battlepacks". A small section of the wall and a few soldiers of both factions.

It would be a good way to create bigger walls for the castle (or get some usefull parts fo moc'ing) and a great way for army building.

Edited by ChaoticSound

The wall sections could be like the LOTR Uruk-Hai Army "battlepacks". A small section of the wall and a few soldiers of both factions.

It would be a good way to create bigger walls for the castle (or get some usefull parts fo moc'ing) and a great way for army building.

I mean like walls as tall as the modular city sets... and towers even taller!!! Im talking a UCS line, like green grocer, pet shop... HUGE!