CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

Forest Ambush is $5.50 now at my local Walmart. Picked up a few more for my armies. Unfortunately it doesn't show the reduced price on their app since its part of a 50% off clearance blowout. I know that they have a bunch of Dragon Mountain and Gold Getaway in the back too so I wonder what they are waiting for to clearance those further.

Although the Castle line is resting both this year and next, there is at least some nice CMF to help build out the characters. Series 13 will have a completely new king for example. Series 12 has a princess with a new hat mold as well as wizard and jester.

Well, we might still get Castle sets in the second half of next year.

But yeah, the CMFs help bridge the gap. The Evil Wizard sounds promising as well (we will see about the Goblin/Imp, Snake Charmer, Samurai and Lady Cyclops).

Well, we might still get Castle sets in the second half of next year.

If so, I really hope it's an entirely new theme and not a continuation of 2013 Castle.

"Kingdoms II" would be awesome...

I think the groundwork for the new Castle line is already being laid with the new CMF molds. I doubt it will be 2015 though. My guess is that LEGO will alternate their Pirate and Castle lines.

Well, traditionally castle sets are released in teh summer, so we might get something then.

Given a lack of sets how about a chess set to keep us going.

I know this is about more non-licensed castle, but a Hobbit or LOTR chess set could have been spectacular. I think Lego doubling up with both Castle & LOTR/Hobbit at the same time this past year led to a sales disaster for both.

^ Good idea but not sure they can under the license. I still have little idea why they did make castle at the same time, I know they were aimed younger but if they really wanted to do something why not pirates.

I know this is about more non-licensed castle, but a Hobbit or LOTR chess set could have been spectacular. I think Lego doubling up with both Castle & LOTR/Hobbit at the same time this past year led to a sales disaster for both.

That chess set would be pretty cool but I wonder if they could do it with the licensing. Here in Aus I haven't seen any Castle sets around for months, except online and even then it's only been the Kingdom Joust set.

Kingdoms II ... new sets ... I don't really know. :cry_sad:

But I have observed that some prices are going down for the castle sets (here in the lego store Cologne).

E.g. you can get the "black" battle pack with a 20% discount.

That means: This is the start of the end of that line, right?

Its all but retired in the US, only gold getaway is still available on S@H. All my local stores clearanced it last summer.

Its all but retired in the US, only gold getaway is still available on S@H. All my local stores clearanced it last summer.

I was lucky enough to score Dragon Mountain at $25 USD the other day at Target!

We got the new TLG catalogue for January - July 2015 yesterday.

The only knights in there are Jedi Knights... :cry_sad:

I had not expected that we would get no castle and no LoTR/Hobbit in 2015 ...

I don't think we are getting another Castle theme soon.

We got Kingdoms (2010-2012) and Castle (2013) back to back.

And 2015 is Pirate's year.

Maybe in the second half of 2016 we could get another Castle theme, which I think will be heavily influenced by the CMF new parts in the recent years.

I think we could get another "fairytale" styled Castle theme, like the 2013 one.

Maybe in the second half of 2016 we could get another Castle theme, which I think will be heavily influenced by the CMF new parts in the recent years.

That would be great!

Was a sad day when I downloaded the new catalogue and no castle themed sets....a sad day for the LEGO group.

I really liked the way the Kingdom's line was going with more realistic features and builds such as the Market Place and the Joust. The dragons and other race themes such as the dwarves, skeletons and orcs were something different. They have all these molds from the LOTR and Hobbit lines that could be used to launch a new better castle line, that was modular and allowed for lower price points to then build into a larger castle or town. Would like to see castle as an older demographic, let the kids play with Chima and Ninjago and allow castle to be more realistic in buildings and fantasy based with minifigs.

The fact there is no Castle line for 2015 and no word on if or when it is returning makes me think LEGO has dropped the ball and can't see the real love of the Castle line within the TFOL and the AFOL groups. Bit of a smack in the face to all LEGO castle lovers everywhere.

Edited by Wolvarie

TLG always takes every 2nd or 3rd year off on Castle, plus they are doing Pastel Elves this year. Castle is not quite an Evergreen line, and must not sell well enough to be one. I was pretty disappointed with last years sets, so I look forward to a new focus in 2016.

I was pretty disappointed with last years sets, so I look forward to a new focus in 2016.

Some of the figs were quite nice though, at least some of their parts were. I doubt new sets will be any better. Not looking at the way they've approached pirates.

I reckon castle going forward will be two human factions. CMF series may cover some of the more fantastical elements. I'll be heading to Bricklink for Castle goodness.

I am pretty sad that the LEGO Castle may not even made an appearance in 2015. It is rather sad for such a wonderful evergreen theme despite of the Pirates re-release and the sad departure of the LOTR and the Hobbit license.