CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

I don't mind the new design. I agree that it is not as appealing as others but new heraldry is always interesting to me. I have my wolfpack, forestment and etc. as certain factions within in my castle hierarchy.

Another dragon will fill out the rebel faction. Besides, I love the Fanstasy era dragons and really won't mind having a few more. I'm not sure if this feeling is common buy I have a number flying about in my lego cave. :)

Are we still talking about that picture of the catalogue page where the pictures of the sets are about as small as a thumb or did i miss anything? I mean seriously, nobody can judge ANYthing with that microscopic size pictures. I can barely tell what each sets are supposed to be and then there are people talking about animals they see or what eactly is on a shield from a figure, which is about 1 millimeter big? That's just ridiculous...

Are we still talking about that picture of the catalogue page where the pictures of the sets are about as small as a thumb or did i miss anything? I mean seriously, nobody can judge ANYthing with that microscopic size pictures. I can barely tell what each sets are supposed to be and then there are people talking about animals they see or what eactly is on a shield from a figure, which is about 1 millimeter big? That's just ridiculous...

Yes, we are still talking about it. And yes, it probably is ridiculous. Will we stop? Don't count on it.

Found pictures of the sets and not filled with any real enthusiasm. The castle will be a big no, but the dragon mountain set will be a goer as I would like to add to my one red dragon. The other four sets will tempt me depending on what sort of LOTR/Hobbit sets come out. The other sets are tempting, but I am a bit disappointed as the last few years of Kingdoms saw some wider ranging sets such as the windmill and barn and the market. Even the Joust gave me hope that while it might go away for a while it would come back bigger and better.

Someone mentioned earlier about a CUUSOO project of modular castle sets which I think is a great idea and it looks like LEGO are starting to do something like this with Helm's Deep and Jabba's Palace having sets that you could add to.

As purely a price value if you had a basic castle and then could add extra wall and tower sections or a forge, stable, etc it could be a winner. Some extra additions to the Market scene with some more houses and businesses could also be a way to go forward. Or maybe going the Forestman theme you could start with a basic hide out and add extra bits to make a full on outlaw central ala Robin Hood. If the sets were of a low to middle price bracket I think they would sell.

Everyone is hoping for either Forestmen, Wolf Pack or Black Falcons...stop teasing us with collectable packs and give us the real deal.

Ive just went to a small store where i live. There were 2 Kingdoms sets that i have never seen before..... Just very very small sets. I didnt pay much attention to them. But now after having left the store i felt like i could use them. Having tried to look them up on brickpedia and google looking for pictures they are now where to be found, so im imagining they could be new. The set contained just one soldier with a sword and a very small castle structure ( My guess would be some 30-40 bricks) . The price was 80 danish kroners = 16$ .... Usually a set this size would cost some 8$ in the US i bet .... Any suggestions to which set i saw ? .... Or i might run straight down there to buy them both.

PS: I usually takes pictures of sets that catches my interest but this didnt till i left the store ... So i cant even help with set number for now unfortunately.

Ive just went to a small store where i live. There were 2 Kingdoms sets that i have never seen before..... Just very very small sets. I didnt pay much attention to them. But now after having left the store i felt like i could use them. Having tried to look them up on brickpedia and google looking for pictures they are now where to be found, so im imagining they could be new. The set contained just one soldier with a sword and a very small castle structure ( My guess would be some 30-40 bricks) . The price was 80 danish kroners = 16$ .... Usually a set this size would cost some 8$ in the US i bet .... Any suggestions to which set i saw ? .... Or i might run straight down there to buy them both.

PS: I usually takes pictures of sets that catches my interest but this didnt till i left the store ... So i cant even help with set number for now unfortunately.

I'm guessing you encountered this set: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=5929-1

If so, it is in fact Creator, not Kingdoms. But it does use a Kingdoms torso assembly.

Im pretty sure thats not the one ( 80%) ....

And ive continued searching for the set i saw in the store, still no luck.

The "castle wall" was made up of 2-3 big pieces of bley and the soldier was in front of it as i recall it. Is their a picture somewhere of the boxset front for the above link, cause i cant seem to find it.

Im seriously beginnig to think this is a new set yet unseen ... Then again im not usually that lucky. :P

Thanks for the quick reply btw.

EDIT: I went back to the shop this evening. Two things happened. First of all,the set i saw was sold out. Asking the person working there if she recalled it, she said their were a dragon in it. So it was probably the set above ( She had no way to look it up. ) ... Then again she wasnt totally sure, maybe she just said that cause i asked.

Secondly, they are closing the shop so everything was 50% off price. Now i will have to go back tomorrow and spend some serious cash there .... Dammit, and my budget sucks this month already :P

Edited by LEGO Family

Found pictures of the sets and not filled with any real enthusiasm. The castle will be a big no, but the dragon mountain set will be a goer as I would like to add to my one red dragon. The other four sets will tempt me depending on what sort of LOTR/Hobbit sets come out.

Everyone is hoping for either Forestmen, Wolf Pack or Black Falcons...stop teasing us with collectable packs and give us the real deal.

Did you find large/clear pics of the sets? The ones I've seen have all been tiny ones from a catalogue.

And I completely agree with you on the old factions -- I was hoping for a modernization of the old factions and re-imagining of old sets. Had been especially hoping for Black Falcons, some in chain mail, some with tabards, and some with armor torsos -- all printed front and back, like the Kingdoms sets. Maybe someday?

Considering that the pictures we have online barely show a thing clear enough to judge, I think that I am going to reserve judgement of this theme until we get high-quality, non-preliminary pictures. However, one set did catch my eye even from that tiny picture we have, 70403 Dragon Mountain, That is one I will definitely try to get, even if it is mainly for the dragon, as I missed the previous lot of LEGO dragons from the Fantasy Era sets because they were in my dark ages. Hopefully the rest of the line is good enough to warrant my attention.

Reason for edit: only one dragon in 70403 Dragon Mountain rather than two like I had originally posted

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

However, one set did catch my eye even from that tiny picture we have, 70403 Dragon Mountain, That is one I will definitely try to get, even if it is mainly for the two dragons, as I missed the previous lot of LEGO dragons from the Fantasy Era sets because they were in my dark ages.

Two dragons? I'm afraid there's only one in that set. It's nice anyway, I too would like to get it as I similarly missed the Fantasy Era during my dark ages.

Two dragons? I'm afraid there's only one in that set. It's nice anyway, I too would like to get it as I similarly missed the Fantasy Era during my dark ages.

Really? :wacko: I could have sworn I saw two. Oh well, one is good enough for me and doesn't affect my decision to get it eventually.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

I recently got the green dragon from Troll Warship. It goes perfectly with the Dragon Knights from Kingdoms, and I sure wouldn't mind adding a red dragon to my collection as well.

I'll probably skip over these unless there is a new faction. Then I might just get a few sets to build a small army.

Been waiting for ages please be roman :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

No Romans in the 2013 Castle. However, the Series 9 minifigs out right now have Roman Emperor and the Series 10 will have Roman Commander.

For the sets featured in the catalog, I am likely to get the gatehouse and forest ambush. The others really depend on what they look like close up and how much of a LEGO fix I am craving. The Castle line comes after LotR for me. But in June I will be skipping the Pirate Ambush at least.

So what's the chances we finally get some up-close pics of these sets in London this week? There's always talk of picture confidentiality limitations, but that's typically for licensed sets where TLG doesn't want to spill the beans on an unreleased movie or other such property. But if these castle sets are there, we should see them, right??!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

But if these castle sets are there, we should see them, right??!

London has, in the past, been a strictly camera-free zone. It's not just about 'spilling the beans;' there's supposed to be no photography at all. With any luck, the most we can hope for is some detailed descriptions from people who go and pay close attention. Possibly there will be a fluke and someone can take a picture from a walkway up above the booth (which happened last year), but that's not a guaranteed thing.

^Might be easier just to quote it (spelling a punctuation corrections are mine):

"Castle 2013 will feature a red and black foe with dragons against blue and gray heroes with a lion symbol. There will be 5 sets out in August. To launch there will be a large event at Warwick Castle including a Treasure Hunt. Set details:

• 70400 Forest ambush £7.99
  • 70401 Horse carriage getaway £17.99
  • 70402 Gatehouse raid £24.99
  • 70403 Dragon peak £34.99
  • 70404 Kings castle £79.99"

Shame about the whole dragons/lions thing AGAIN, unless this is meant to be a continuation of Kingdoms (but I doubt it). Price points look pretty decent though :D</p>

Source http://brickfanatics.co.uk/toy-fair-report/

Edited by andhe