CM4Sci

LEGO Castle 2013

This sounds promising to me. And if there were no panels, it would be even better. :classic:

But he told me that this would not be a fantasy theme like some years ago. So no orcs etc.

Probably it's too far ahead to expect (leaked) photos.

It could be mis-categorized, if any has seen the new Lego Club magazine it shows what looks like to be a revamp of INSECTOIDS... and I have heard for sure there is a new space theme coming.

Fantastic news, I really hope it is true. I like the LotR/Hobbit sets, but the prices of licensed sets are usually just a bit on the ridiculous side here in Europe (in my opinion). I only buy the ones with a descent assortment of building pieces. I would not be surprised if we see some revamped/modern black falcon sets. At least the knight in the kingdoms joust set looks superb and I would not mind getting a home, I mean big cool castle for him. I am more skeptical about these new sets being re-releases, but lets not forget that there was this promo (I think through TRU), which included a bunch of vintage minifigures. Thanks for the great news...

No fantasy minifigures! If that's true, my liking for this theme just soared. :thumbup: I much prefer knights fighting knights!

Well, I was very suprised as he told me that they had been exhibited already in Munich. Is this normal for a 2H2013 theme? Or does this mean, they could come earlier in 2013?

Sounds really exciting.

But I need a new house to store all these lego...

I just bought a new house :grin: ... and my wife agreed to give me an "office space" for my own (please read Lego room) :thumbup: for my wife

If this is a brand new theme, I would probably prefer the Greek Mythologies or something totally different and interesting/new. The Castle theme has been a main stay for many years so more knights and castles can only be so exciting for me... they would REALLY have to do something new, with new designs to impress me and make me want to buy the line.

Looks like it is under the new number scheme as well. Any thoughts this these could simply be Hobbit 2nd wave or complete malarkey? just asking.

This is great news if it turns out to be true! I like the LOTR and Hobbit sets but they just don't quite seem to fill the void left by not havng new Castle sets. I wonder if the ne sets will be a reimagined Black Falcons line of sets with reimagined Forestmen as adversaries to go along with it. Hopefully we will start seeing or hearing more about these sets early in the New Year!

do we know if this site has any sort of credibility from past waves?

Great question. We can still speculate and dream until we know more, but like Deathleech I would be cautious in getting my hopes up at this point.

Well probably better to begin to save a loooooooooot of money, specially if will be falcon knights and classic castle legends. I hope the 6086 re-release :sweet:

I spoke to a LEGO store manager yesterday and he told me that there are coming very great castle themed set next year. He had already seen them on an internal exhibition and was very excited. I asked him if they were more classic but he hesitated to confirm that. But he told me that this would not be a fantasy theme like some years ago. So no orcs etc.

Sounds great, something like Kingdoms. We do need more factions in Castle themes I think though, more peasants, bandits, forestmen, nobles etc.

Well probably better to begin to save a loooooooooot of money, specially if will be falcon knights and classic castle legends. I hope the 6086 re-release :sweet:

That would be awesome! 6086 is one of my favorite sets.

6086 was the first big set i ever got. I remember it was the first set my father helped me build, because it was so huge :) Does anyone (PsyKater) know if these will all be big sets, or are we getting a line with all regular prices like other lines?

Does anyone (PsyKater) know if these will all be big sets, or are we getting a line with all regular prices like other lines?

It wouldn't make much sense business-wise to release 5 big sets at once. I am assuming it is a regular wave with the sets across a proper price range (between ~$10 and ~$100). If these rumours are even true, that is.

Looks like it is under the new number scheme as well. Any thoughts this these could simply be Hobbit 2nd wave or complete malarkey? just asking.

Not really. The use of the new number scheme is across-the-board, so it's no indicator of it being a licensed theme, and furthermore there's no reason Hobbit sets wouldn't be marketed to retailers as such. Also, if they were Hobbit sets, then they'd probably be numbered close to the other sets in that theme, whereas instead they're numbered between the Chima and Ninjago sets.

As for them being fake, that's always possible, but I can't imagine BRICKshop.nl listing set numbers that simply didn't exist, since despite some of their categorization problems they've usually been trustworthy in the past. Also, since we know ADVANCE is working on "a new take on one of the LEGO classics launching 2HY 2013", this seems like it would fit better than any other guesses I've heard or come up with myself.

I thought I read that the 2nd wave of LOTR sets are rumored to be released around March. If that turns out t be accurate then a castle theme release in the summer makes sense. The castle sets would end up being released between the 2nd waves of LOTR and Hbbit sets for 2013 spreading out releases to maximise sales. It seems like most Lego sets tend to have a very short shelf life these days compared to the 80s and 90s with more frequent waves to try and keep sales momentum and interest.

Edited by Nicker

I have posted everything I know, I think. Let's wait for the LEGO Fanwelt in Cologne next week. Maybe they will release some info there. Or at least rumors could be heard. :wink:

Not really. The use of the new number scheme is across-the-board, so it's no indicator of it being a licensed theme, and furthermore there's no reason Hobbit sets wouldn't be marketed to retailers as such. Also, if they were Hobbit sets, then they'd probably be numbered close to the other sets in that theme, whereas instead they're numbered between the Chima and Ninjago sets...

If they are numbered in between Chima and Ninjago, that would strongly suggest the probability of them being action themed sets. Which makes the idea of there being no ficticious monsters even strager, IMO (though it certainly could be true.)

Okay, so if it WERE truly a remake of a classic theme, which theme would you want? I say forest men and wolfpack. That would rule.

If they are numbered in between Chima and Ninjago, that would strongly suggest the probability of them being action themed sets. Which makes the idea of there being no ficticious monsters even strager, IMO (though it certainly could be true.)

I hope they aren't action themed sets like Ninjago because if they are I won't be getting them. I see how Ninjago and Chima may appeal to some people but I'm not one fo those people.

Let's see in my Legocrystall ball...

I see them.. I see them! :cry_happy:

Elves on Gryphons and... Vikings on Dragons?

I see the tall white/green towers and brown/black fortresses...

The smallest set is Viking attacking the Elven warrior that tries to capture baby dragon!

The name... It's unclear.... Beast battles? Dragon ages? I really can't see it...

Ah my head... :wacko:

----------------------------

but for real, I'm excited! I would love if they continue the Kingdoms by remaking all the old fractions.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I would also really enjoy a Forestmen and/or Wolfpack theme. I loved them when I was younger. And with the series 1 CMF Forestman, they have an idea. But that might just be a nod to the past theme also. A lot of people have speculated about a new Black Falcon theme since the inclusion of one in the Joust set, which would also be welcomed. Although they made his colors green and black instead of blue and black, so that is disappointing.