Now with updated pictures! In Panoramic View!

This building is a heavily modified Hagrid's Hut.

Most of the buildings in Scarborough are show signs of damage from the attack of the windblade. This small cottage was built from the stub of a Stone silo. The top was finished in rough hewed wood, with a few repairs over time. The people of scarborough are proud of their scars, and out of rememberance of a shared tragedy, do not repair for merely cosmetic reasons. In the front we can see a crane nest for good luck, a post box and some daffodills.....I mean undead vampiric daffodills.....right.

cottage1.jpg

cottage2.jpg

cottage3.jpg

cottage4.jpg

Oh dear, the rat is gone. Perhaps the snake ate it.

cottage5.jpg

cottage6.jpg

cottage7.jpg

cottage8.jpg

The interior has a Grandfather clock (modified Monster fighter design)

silo6.jpg

A bed and some shelves (Inspired by Haunted House & harry potter sets)

silo7.jpg

Downstairs we have a rotating fireplace. Because it makes more sense for the fire to face the breakfast nook, but it was unviewable under those conditions.

silo8.jpg

C&C welcome!

Edited by Jareth

Nice job! I like the crane and the smoke really looks great, very creative! :thumbup: Nice daffodils vampiric daffodils as well! :laugh:

Nice MOC! You have some great elements here. The crane and nest, chimney smoke, and the roofs are all well done! :thumbup:

Nice Moc!

The bed is awesome, and the bird looks cool too.

Just wondering, about how long did it take to put all the smoke together?

I like it! Looks really old and shabby! :classic: A lot of nice details to look at aswell! :thumbup: The smoke is great!

I do think that your moc deserves better photos though. After all the work you put down into the building, I do think it deserves better photos.

A great addition to Scarbourough, indeed. As others have said, the crane and the smoke are excellent, but what I like the most is the slightly run-down appearance it has that goes very well with your story. Also, nice variations on those existing designs, they fit in really well :thumbup:

Thanks for your compliments!

@Garmadon When I sorted my collection, I often attached pieces together. I just happened to to notice that those bar with claw pieces looked a bit like smoke. Plus I don't have any white ice cream pieces. So it took me no time or 10 days to put together the smoke.

@DeGothia I was in a hurry to get this up as soon as possible, so I din't have time to wait for decent sunlight, especially in november! But, I haven't taken the cottage down yet, so when I get a chance I will take better pictures.

@Abu Dun & DeGothia I'm glad you like the shabbyness, I took some inspiration from the buildings in the Anime "Tweeny Witches"

Whoops! I forgot to add one of the photos. I've added it now. I'll also update it when I get some better pics.

Thought you might have forgotten the fireplace, very interesting how you made it swivel, I know how hard turning a fireplace can be! Nice detail!

Looks even better like this, nice background! I like the door and the wood shed, :thumbup: for re-taking photos (and for keeping it built that long! :grin: ) Great job, looks like quite a nice nocturnian residence!

That's a really good brick-built bird! But, what's with the mailbox? Seems a bit odd for a castle-era MOC :dwacko:

I didn't really realize that that was smoke. Now that I see it, that is some sweet smoke! Wonderful build!

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like how you made the interior and the roof :wink:

@everyone, thanks for the complements. They encourage me to build more.

That's a really good brick-built bird! But, what's with the mailbox? Seems a bit odd for a castle-era MOC :dwacko:

Part of it is becuase I needed a detail there, but part of it is because I think of my town of Scarbourough as a place that tries out lots of new ideas beacuse of lots of refugees and mercenaries coming through the town. The insane wizard also includes a few ideas.

Perhaps it does stand out too much. Ideally it would be in dark red. Yellow seems a little to bright.