Sign in to follow this  
Chorduroy

MOC: Canadian Train Station

Indexed by Moderator

Hey all,

I built this train station for a show a while back. I based it on an old train station in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada since that's where our show was taking place. Unfortunately, the display didn't allow for me to place it near any actual tracks, so it's just all by itself. But I still like the look of it, and thought I'd post it.

8158125173_bc69edbbd7.jpg

Station3 by Chorduroy, on Flickr

8158123329_cb32949c97.jpg

Station2 by Chorduroy, on Flickr

8158121783_3d61d1b803.jpg

Station1 by Chorduroy, on Flickr

It is a shame it didnĀ“t have trains and tracks. Its beautiful. Maybe should be moved into the trains section.

A great pity there are no tracks as it is a nice looking building. Just curious though, which side would the tracks be on as there is no obvious platform in your photos? I am therefore guessing that it would be around the other side opposite the clock tower and that the platforms would extend out from where those three large (Look like garage or warehouse doors?) doors are located?

Well it is a big, massive building, but if you didn't tell it was a station I would have some trouble guessing it.

But all things considered it does closely resembles the original (Google is alway useful).

Edited by Man with a hat

A great pity there are no tracks as it is a nice looking building. Just curious though, which side would the tracks be on as there is no obvious platform in your photos? I am therefore guessing that it would be around the other side opposite the clock tower and that the platforms would extend out from where those three large (Look like garage or warehouse doors?) doors are located?

The actual station has tracks on the side opposite the clock tower. The building is no longer a train station, but a liquor store, flower shop, and tanning salon, while the multi-story part is municipal offices. I also took a couple liberties with the design and didn't include the warehouse portion to the side where I put the air conditioning units.

Here is the building as it was way back when:

8167867806_e4a2443d6c.jpg

mjstation by Chorduroy, on Flickr