Sign in to follow this  
Cirkit

Idea for a Hero-Factory Fighting Game

I couldn't think of anywhere else to post my little idea, and I couldn't find an "Everything Hero Factory' thread in the community forum thingy. There should be one.

ANYWAY, I was hanging out with some friends playing 'Soul Calibur V', and I thought about how awesome it would have been if there had been a Bionicle game like it. My thoughts went to the now, and Hero Factory.

I think such a game could be done rather rather easily. The fighting style would be different I'm sure, and customization would be slightly more complex, what with moving parts around certain ways to get them to fit the way you want, but it could work.

Official characters could be used to follow a 'story' mode, and unlock new characters, locations, and add-on features for character customization. Most likely the characters you would play as would be main Heroes like Furno, Stormer, and Rocka, but my idea would include the possibility to start as a villain, and fight against Heroes(How awesome would it be to fight against Stormer XL as a boss?) the same way.

I could really get behind the idea of it, and I'm pretty sure many of the fans of Hero Factory, Bionicle, and Lego in general would dig it too.

What do you all think of this idea? Let me know!

And let me know if there's a place I can move this to...

-Cirkit

So like a HF version of Mata Nui Online Game, but set in Makuhero City?

Interesting idea.

I think Hero Factory would work better as an Action-Adventure rather than a Beat'em'Up.

Just imagine you could design your own specific heroes and go on missions to catch various bad guys in a somewhat open world. The fights with the villians could be challenging and complex, similiar to those in Shadow of the Colossus (only that the bad guys are at a smaller scale, of course).

I meant more like ralkon's idea.

I should have come on here and edited that into the original post, just saw a great video-game related movie and the term came to mind while watching it. 'Mortal Combat' style. Yeah.

As nice as the thought of a game like that would be, I think Zork is right. I like that idea better. It would be like mixing the Recon Hero Builder with.. I'm not sure of a game I can match it up with. I'm not sure what Shadow of the Colossus is but it sounds interesting enough.

A game like "Darksiders" could also work. Choose your story, build your character, do whatever you want while following the main story.. it could happen.

Still, thinking back to the 'Mortal Combat' style, I think it would have been cool to see 'specialized' moves for the villains. Von Nebula would have this giant vortex thing that shoots rapid fire at somebody, or he could warp from one side of the battle stage to another; while other villains would be more obvious, with Xplode's spikes launching, Voltix using his whip to electrocute foes, and Black Phantom using his 'spider'.

I imagine BP's taunt would be to lean back and look at his perfect nails. :tongue:

A fighting game would be cool, but a freeroam/RPG type game would probably be better suited for Hero Factory. Something like Skyrim or Fallout, but with Heroes. :tongue:

Interesting idea...

And then you have to complete the story mode 100% to unlock villain mode. And you have to complete THAT 101% (Yesforadditionalfeaturesthatmakesanextrapercentage) to unlock insanely hard mode.

Also,

"This game is very hard"

2 hours later

"I finished the game! YES!"

In game message: "Well done, you completed the tutorial"

"FUUU"

Congratulations! Now on to the actual game!

I'd hate it if that happened...

The idea about villain-mode is an interesting one, and could just work. I would think, even with a 'freeroam' game, that there would be a HF-builder-like part for customizing your character, but with the ability to turn and flip parts, something not available in any online HF builder. Perhaps as time goes on playing the game, you can unlock more parts and tools to customize the character? Like those round shoulder-pad parts, or Savage Planet Paw parts, or.. other things.

Yeah.

The idea about villain-mode is an interesting one, and could just work. I would think, even with a 'freeroam' game, that there would be a HF-builder-like part for customizing your character, but with the ability to turn and flip parts, something not available in any online HF builder. Perhaps as time goes on playing the game, you can unlock more parts and tools to customize the character? Like those round shoulder-pad parts, or Savage Planet Paw parts, or.. other things.

That's kinda like an improved version of the Breakout game.

Edited by DraikNova

You could build and customize your own hero, and you would unlock new items as you progressed through the game, and when you finished all three modes of the game, you could get some awesome over-the-top really deadly weapon.

Also multiplayer level selection/hangout area.

As nice as the thought of a game like that would be, I think Zork is right. I like that idea better. It would be like mixing the Recon Hero Builder with.. I'm not sure of a game I can match it up with. I'm not sure what Shadow of the Colossus is but it sounds interesting enough.

To make it short, Shadow of the Colossus is one of the best games ever.

And to make it a bit longer... it's an action adventure for the PS2 (got also an HD-Remake for the PS3) which tells the story of a young man named Wander who travelled on his horse Aggro to a mysterious forbidden land where he hopes to revive a dead girl (named Mono, though her name is never mentioned in-game, if memory serves me right) with the help of a mighty entity known as Dormin. To do so, he must locate 16 colossi (which are really, really huge) in the land and defeat them.

While the story features a somewhat typical plot setting, the game breaks away from usual gameplay conventions of the genre (or most other games, for that matter) since it focuses only on the aspects of travelling through the land and fighting the colossi (which means, you have to figure out where their weakspots are and how you get to them, which includes mostly climbing on them or attacking them with your bow first), but it makes these few things absolutely perfect and combines them with a real engaging plot which (despite being totally linear) also manages to transport emotions in a very subtle way. For example, the music when you manage to bring down a colossi, is unlike the happy success melody you'll usually get when you defeat a boss in a video game, a real slow and melancholic track - the game doesn't celebrate the defeat of a boss, it mourns the death of a creature. A creature you killed, even if they don't care about you at first (though some of them attack Wander as soon they see him). But the game still doesn't force you to feel bad for the colossi, that strange sort of guilt happens from self (or not, depending on how you feel for those giant guys).

I guess you're now wondering why I would mention a game like SotC as an inspiration for a Hero Factory game. Well I did so because when I was thinking about interesting and challenging fights, SotC was the first game that came to my mind. So in short, there isn't reall a connection between these two. XD

A game like "Darksiders" could also work. Choose your story, build your character, do whatever you want while following the main story.. it could happen.

Well yeah, that comes closer to my idea as well.

Still, thinking back to the 'Mortal Combat' style, I think it would have been cool to see 'specialized' moves for the villains. Von Nebula would have this giant vortex thing that shoots rapid fire at somebody, or he could warp from one side of the battle stage to another; while other villains would be more obvious, with Xplode's spikes launching, Voltix using his whip to electrocute foes, and Black Phantom using his 'spider'.

Same could of course also work for the heroes, with Furno's flame-based weaponry or Stringer's sonic blasters.

By the way, since I also own Soul Calibur V I can totally see how you got the idea for an HF fighting game. The character creation from SCV is also one of my favourite features of the game (partly because V was lacking in a few other areas).

Edited by ZORK64