Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Valholl Side Tower

Here is my build for the finals in the Walls of Valholl Contest. Ironically it was inspired by one of Ecclesiastes' builds :laugh:

The doors and trapdoor open and there is a full interior just no way to access it other than the doors.

8153547567_f2ec066e50_b.jpg

8153575742_6fde144244_z.jpg

8153548579_5af3f88733_z.jpg

Any C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

This is going to be though to beat for sure!

I like the strong feeling it has and I like that you always try to put new styles of ornamentation in it!

Interesting tower, the interior is a plus definetevely.

This is going to be though to beat for sure!

I like the strong feeling it has and I like that you always try to put new styles of ornamentation in it!

Thanks Ecclesiastes and thanks for inspiring me to try a rounded section :classic:

Interesting tower, the interior is a plus definetevely.

Thank you :classic:

great tower sc! Now I'm curoius about what Eccles will come up with!

Nice MOC, looks really solid! i would have loved to have seen this with the other wall parts you made.

great tower sc! Now I'm curoius about what Eccles will come up with!

Thanks, me too, and looking forward to seeing yours :classic:

Nice MOC, looks really solid! i would have loved to have seen this with the other wall parts you made.

Thanks, yeah I would too.

I like the doorway and that you made a full interior, but it does seem a bit TOO ornate/busy to me.

I like the doorway and that you made a full interior, but it does seem a bit TOO ornate/busy to me.

I tried to keep it down by just repeating the same patterns but I can see your point, I wasn't going to include the log bricks with headlight bricks plus 1x1 tiles layers in the facade but they were necessary so the floors could fit.

Thanks for the feedback :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I think EBs castle builders are becoming known for details and not having bland walls, but I think we all suffer sometimes from going a bit overboard too. It's just my preference to have some texture without going too crazy.

neat!

i remeber a quote from a mitgardian... Vaholls walls are taller than yours... ... Albions towers are taller than yours! :tongue:

nice MOC once again and I await to see what ecc can come up with.

keep it up!

~Legonardo

Nice job! I like your decorative work, it almost looks like it's designed to be a stand-alone tower! :thumbup: For some reason I've always loved that border, great job!

Edited by Kai NRG

I think EBs castle builders are becoming known for details and not having bland walls, but I think we all suffer sometimes from going a bit overboard too. It's just my preference to have some texture without going too crazy.

Yeah, after thinking about your first comment I totally agree. The numerous in/outs kind of take away from the "castle" feel.

neat!

i remeber a quote from a mitgardian... Vaholls walls are taller than yours... ... Albions towers are taller than yours! :tongue:

nice MOC once again and I await to see what ecc can come up with.

keep it up!

~Legonardo

Thanks Legonardo, and I would have made the tower taller but without wall sections next to it, that would look really strange :laugh:

Nice job! I like your decorative work, it almost looks like it's designed to be a stand-alone tower! :thumbup: For some reason I've always loved that border, great job!

Nice tower sc! I agree with ZC, though, it does have an awful lot of different peices and a lot of design. Bet it was hard to build :wink:

Nice tower sc! I agree with ZC, though, it does have an awful lot of different peices and a lot of design. Bet it was hard to build :wink:

Thanks Garmadon, it was actually pretty easy to build :classic:

Very nice SC! I can totally see the Ecc influence here

Thanks Kayne, glad it's apparent :classic:

Interesting design. I'm going to echo previous comments about being too ornate.... However the ground floor door is absolutely stunning and perfect! :thumbup:

Interesting design. I'm going to echo previous comments about being too ornate.... However the ground floor door is absolutely stunning and perfect! :thumbup:

Thanks for your opinion, I'll be more careful about overdoing it in future builds :classic:

Looking great! Love the angled walls! Have to try that soon when I continue with my Gothia castle! Good luck in the finals now! :classic:

Looking great! Love the angled walls! Have to try that soon when I continue with my Gothia castle! Good luck in the finals now! :classic:

Thanks dG! The angled walls are something I've been meaning to do for a while, the effect is great :thumbup:

I think the amount of ornamenation won´t be bothering so much when seeing it connected to a wall part!

Ok, I'm going to revise my earlier comment. Something was buggging me but I couldn't figure out what it was. After viewing this in the context of the Valholl thread, I think that it was not the ornateness that bothered me, but that the design does not seem to reflect the rest of Valholl. I went back and looked at your Silmeria and I think this tower would fit in perfectly there.

I think the amount of ornamenation won´t be bothering so much when seeing it connected to a wall part!

Could be :classic:

Ok, I'm going to revise my earlier comment. Something was buggging me but I couldn't figure out what it was. After viewing this in the context of the Valholl thread, I think that it was not the ornateness that bothered me, but that the design does not seem to reflect the rest of Valholl. I went back and looked at your Silmeria and I think this tower would fit in perfectly there.

Thanks Mikel, it's encouraging to hear someone took the time to really look at your build :thumbup: You could be right about it fitting in Silmeria, must be I didn't want to let go of the idea :laugh:

I actually used the capital city name as the name for the dwarven ruins I built too :innocent:

I like to see the full interiors, and I've had the same problem of not being able to show it in photos. I look forward to seeing connected sections, and I really like the crenellations along the top.

I like to see the full interiors, and I've had the same problem of not being able to show it in photos. I look forward to seeing connected sections, and I really like the crenellations along the top.

Thanks, I was quite happy with the crenelations :classic: