Cecilie

Norwegian winter mountain village

This is realy amazing stuf. I love the ski slop and the frozen waterfall. My regards my friend. Great display of your building skills there. :grin::thumbup:

It's a lovely build. Detailed, but not overly busy. I like it! :thumbup:

This is an Awesome build Cecilie. Being a skier I just love this and wish I had the resources to build one like this. Does the T-bar lift work? Keep up the great work.

Awesome! This is just awesome! I picked up the Winter VIllage Cottage last week with the intent of making a large Winter Village display this Christmas. This just blows my plans away.

Well done.

Holy crap, that's amazing! :wub: I love the ski lift! And there's a train and some trees and oh, look! I see a rock-climbing wall. Choo-choo! :laugh: Yay, the train goes in circles! Great sculpted mountain. Your hard work really shows. :wub:

*oh2*You got blogged!

Very nice build :thumbup:

I saw your MOC at the exhibition in Oslo and I was very impressed.

So many nice comments :blush:, thanks everyone :sweet:

By "weird" i ment interresting ,i like it also!Dont get me wrong :)

No worries, I just elaborated on it :sweet:

This is an Awesome build Cecilie. Being a skier I just love this and wish I had the resources to build one like this. Does the T-bar lift work? Keep up the great work.

Sadly not yet :cry_sad:. I couldn't get that part finished in time for this weekend. But this is not the end! I will work on getting it working for the next time it will be displayed :sweet:

Awesome! This is just awesome! I picked up the Winter VIllage Cottage last week with the intent of making a large Winter Village display this Christmas. This just blows my plans away.

Well done.

Don't get demotivated, make a smaller mountain! :grin:

Holy crap, that's amazing! :wub: I love the ski lift! And there's a train and some trees and oh, look! I see a rock-climbing wall. Choo-choo! :laugh: Yay, the train goes in circles! Great sculpted mountain. Your hard work really shows. :wub:

*oh2*You got blogged!

You really have a way with words :laugh:. And thanks for the blog :grin:

Very nice build :thumbup:

I saw your MOC at the exhibition in Oslo and I was very impressed.

Thanks :sweet:. I really had my hands full with all the kids trying to derail the train or picking off my ice climbers though :laugh:

This is just great! My favorite details of the whole thing are all the paths you made in the snow. For example where the skiers are, theres indents. Where the wagon is, there are indents and showing dirt, all that stuff is just awesome. It's the attention to detail like this that makes something go from "wow that is huge!" to "wow that is an awesome build!"

Thanks :sweet:. And I do admit I "cheated" a bit on the attachment of the downhill skiiers and snowboarders, and used tack-it/white-tac.

What's an OP? :wacko: If you're talking about me, I have a name you know :tongue:. And yes, like I said above, I used white-tac.

OP = Original Poster. Apologies to de-personalise things there Cecile.. A little bit of white-tac is entirely forgiveable I think on such a fantastic model it would be harsh of anyone to pick points at that. It is also great that you took the time to follow up on everyones comments, your even a most pleasant guy to boot :)

Someone suggested adding a troll, I'm sure you will already know theres a polarbear piece in existence (from an 80s or 90s explorers/expedition set perhaps?). You must have been tempted to add one in somewhere?

That's a lot of white!

Awesome MOC, Cecelie. I think the whole thing flows really well and looks natural. The slopes make for a very realistic ski hill, especially when contrasted with the rougher-looking areas dotted with trees. The ice surface on the side is very neat, some great color choices that add vibrancy. The log cabins, lodge, and train surrounding the whole thing top it off for a very cozy yet exciting scene - perfect for the holidays coming up. :thumbup:

:wub: Awesome town! I love the ski slope and all the trees. You brought together the winter village so well, and stuffed the landscape to the brim with detail. My favorite part by far is the frozen ice wall. :thumbup: :thumbup: Edited by CallMePie

This is just great! My favorite details of the whole thing are all the paths you made in the snow. For example where the skiers are, theres indents. Where the wagon is, there are indents and showing dirt, all that stuff is just awesome. It's the attention to detail like this that makes something go from "wow that is huge!" to "wow that is an awesome build!"

Thanks for noticing, I spent a lot of time working out all of those details :sweet:

OP = Original Poster. Apologies to de-personalise things there Cecile.. A little bit of white-tac is entirely forgiveable I think on such a fantastic model it would be harsh of anyone to pick points at that. It is also great that you took the time to follow up on everyones comments, your even a most pleasant guy to boot :)

Thanks, although I'm a girl :wink:

Someone suggested adding a troll, I'm sure you will already know theres a polarbear piece in existence (from an 80s or 90s explorers/expedition set perhaps?). You must have been tempted to add one in somewhere?

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but there are no polar bears in Norwegian mountains. Brown bears yes (and if you search the pictures, you may find one :wink:), although they usually hibernate in winter.

That's a lot of white!

Awesome MOC, Cecelie. I think the whole thing flows really well and looks natural. The slopes make for a very realistic ski hill, especially when contrasted with the rougher-looking areas dotted with trees. The ice surface on the side is very neat, some great color choices that add vibrancy. The log cabins, lodge, and train surrounding the whole thing top it off for a very cozy yet exciting scene - perfect for the holidays coming up. :thumbup:

Thanks :sweet:. You should have seen the mountain before I added all the colorful details, it was so white, I went all snowblind building it :laugh:

:wub: Awesome town! I love the ski slope and all the trees. You brought together the winter village so well, and stuffed the landscape to the brim with detail. My favorite part by far is the frozen ice wall. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you :sweet:. Is it really stuffed to the brim with detail? I see so much more stuff I want to add :laugh:

Don't get demotivated, make a smaller mountain! :grin:

On the contrary, you have motivated me! I may have to borrow your chairlift design...

On the contrary, you have motivated me! I may have to borrow your chairlift design...

Yey, can't wait to see it :sweet:

No one face first in to the snow (like me first time a came from a mountain)? Cool MOC!!

Wow, wow, wow! This is impressive. I love the little details like the water under the ice, and the little trails for the skiers. The different textures really make this look real. I like the ski jump, and the different slopes.

It's just incredible, I don't want to do it any injustice by babbling on. Great work Cecilie

No one face first in to the snow (like me first time a came from a mountain)? Cool MOC!!

Oh, I should totally add that for next time I display this! There is one with his skis crossed who's probably going to fall over soon though :tongue:.

Wow, wow, wow! This is impressive. I love the little details like the water under the ice, and the little trails for the skiers. The different textures really make this look real. I like the ski jump, and the different slopes.

It's just incredible, I don't want to do it any injustice by babbling on. Great work Cecilie

Thanks, I don't mind the babble though :laugh:

Great to see this posted here. It was such a nice addition to the layout in Oslo, among all the green baseplates and all the grey train track :)

Hopefully, the terrible memories of all those nasty kids trying to de-construct your setup haven't kept you up at night...

Holy cow! Everything is just placed so well. My favorites are the stunning evergreen trees on the white mountain. And the lovely colored ice flows on the side of the mountain. Did you have to use a crane to lift this the mountain as it must weight a ton? It is great to see so much white as the green and blue baseplates grow old after a while. The skiers are adorable, too. What a work of art!

Oh Wow! I love this. It gives off the perfect feel to me and brings back memories :) It looks exactly like a ski lodge. I love the different textures you have managed to convey in the snow.

Great to see this posted here. It was such a nice addition to the layout in Oslo, among all the green baseplates and all the grey train track :)

Hopefully, the terrible memories of all those nasty kids trying to de-construct your setup haven't kept you up at night...

Thanks :grin:. And now that the mountain is safely packed away into boxes, I can sleep well at night again :laugh:

Holy cow! Everything is just placed so well. My favorites are the stunning evergreen trees on the white mountain. And the lovely colored ice flows on the side of the mountain. Did you have to use a crane to lift this the mountain as it must weight a ton? It is great to see so much white as the green and blue baseplates grow old after a while. The skiers are adorable, too. What a work of art!

Thank you :sweet:. Cranes are not the easiest way to transport LEGO, so I chose a different method: building it modularly. The whole thing comes apart into sizeable chunks that can be put into cardboard boxes, and easily transported :wink:. I wouldn't have got it through my door in one piece anyway :laugh:.

Oh Wow! I love this. It gives off the perfect feel to me and brings back memories :) It looks exactly like a ski lodge. I love the different textures you have managed to convey in the snow.

Thanks :sweet:. It helps to have grown up in a country filled with snow and mountains :laugh:

That mountain is AMAZING! Really! So snowy, so, uh, wintery? I don't know why, but it reminds me of Minecraft. Yes, I am crazy about that game :laugh: .

Thank you :sweet:. I'm not much of a Minecraft fan myself, I prefer the solid bricks I can hold in my hand :wink:

This is a wonderful model - it's inspiring!

I love the ski jump, and the slope...the mountain must've taken forever! I particularly love all of the trees though...they're perfect.

Edited by Trent