Brick Flicks & Comics forum proudly presents...

8146891742_47be8f46dc_o.png

Have you always dreamed of owning one of these New York Toy Fair exclusive minifigures?

8140254158_26cc348040_n.jpg8140222743_885ed838bc_n.jpg

Now is your chance!

It's movie-making time!

But wait! There's more!

This won't be the same old superhero movie we've seen a hundred times. We want to see a superhero or villian in daily life, not fighting the bad guys (or causing trouble for the hero).

What will he be doing?

That's totally up to you!

Make it serious, funny, or even scary. Knock our socks off and claim your exclusive minifigure!

Load up your iPhone*, iPod*, or iPad* with the free LEGO Super Heroes Movie Maker app from LEGO and get started!

Rules

• Entries must be posted by 23:59(CST) November 30, 2012
  • One entry per member.
  • Your entry must be posted as a new topic in the Brick Flicks & Comics forum with the tag: Moviemaker Contest
  • Entries should be new and not have been posted anywhere previously.
  • You must use the LEGO Super Heroes Movie Maker app to create your movie.
  • You must use at least one LEGO Superheroes minifigure. This figure can be from either the DC or Marvel lines.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • You must depict your superhero doing something in daily life that does not involve fighting or perpetrating crime.
  • The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of one embedded video of at least 30 seconds.
  • Eurobricks staff is not allowed to enter this contest.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

The winner will receive his/her choice of either the Captain America or Iron Man minifigure, runner up will receive the other figure.

Prizes for this contest have been donated by The LEGO Group.

The winners will be voted for by Eurobricks members who joined prior to Nov 3, 2012.

*App Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

Congratulations winners!

1st Place

8216666806_82b3df966a_t.jpgSuper Heroes Daily Life by lego-maniac

2nd Place

8237116936_ac49b69983_t.jpgLife on Gotham Street by whataboutlego

Voting Raffle Winners

sh035.jpg Shadows

sh038.jpg fhomess

sh011.jpg artizan

sh009.jpg Sylann

All winners need to PM me name and shipping address. lego-manic you need to tell me which minifig you want for your prize.

Darn it! Don't have an iProduct. I wish either the contest was open to all formats or that the app was on android. :sad:

Darn it! Don't have an iProduct. I wish either the contest was open to all formats or that the app was on android. :sad:

Yeah, I hope they will consider porting the app over to Android at some point. That would be really great.

Awesome idea for a contest, but must have an iPhone, whaaa?

You don't need an iPhone, just any device that runs iOS 4 or later. It's a requirement of the software.

*App Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

In the rules it says you must use an official super hero minifigure. Does this mean we have to use the exact minifigure or can we just use the official parts? eg Tony Stark in a shirt and jeans instead of his suit, or Hawkeye with better hair.

In the rules it says you must use an official super hero minifigure. Does this mean we have to use the exact minifigure or can we just use the official parts? eg Tony Stark in a shirt and jeans instead of his suit, or Hawkeye with better hair.

Look at the photo, Superman has different parts.

Look at the photo, Superman has different parts.

Right, you can use other parts for the figure. However, the character must be easily recognizable.

Yes! I have an Iphone 5--first time having an Iphone; and now I can enter a movie contest such as this. I missed out on the offical Lego one.

Iphone--check.

Ability and Knowledge to make a stop motion film--no.

And I'm off!

Edit: Slight question, are Minifigures from the old Batman line allowed--as to fill in the requirement of the use "Offical Figure" thing?

Edited by Captain Nemo

You don't need an iPhone, just any device that runs iOS 4 or later. It's a requirement of the software.

Sadly I dont have any iProducts and I dont think I'll have anything with iOS on it (what sort of other things do?).

Is there a specific reason why we cant use other software as I'm sure there are many people who would love to take part but cant for this reason?

It sounds a great idea for a contest though!

Is there a specific reason why we cant use other software as I'm sure there are many people who would love to take part but cant for this reason?

There are a few. One reason is the wide range of programs and apps out there that could be used to make a brick flick. These programs vary greatly in both quality and cost. The Super Heroes app is free and of good quality.

Our prizes were also very generously donated by TLG who produced the app. These are excellent prizes that were earmarked for the promotion of the app. If you haven't noticed, there have been many contests by other AFOL sites lately that have had the same rules for this reason.

We do hope that the app eventually finds it's way to other platforms. But the bottom line is, the app is a good (and free) one and by using it for the contest, we can offer awesome prizes to the winners.

Okay that is fair enough, I guess I'll just have to sit this one out on the sidelines then!

*Watches the clock until his blackberry contract runs out in may*

I find the Super Heroes Movie Maker app to be an underpowered and lacking piece of software. Very nice competition, but I shall not be entering, primarily due to the fact that the app limits you to a maximum (and abysmal) 10 FPS. Good luck to those who enter though!

By the way it's not just iphone!!!, lots of people are saying I don't have an iphone, you can use:

Ipod touch 3rd Gen, 4th Gen and 5th Gen. BTW You can get an Ipod Touch 3 for next to nothing, also a 4g.

Iphone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5.

Ipad, 2nd Gen, With Retina Display and mini.

Also I will be starting mine Saturday, and how do you upload a video, preferably on Flickr because I have no attachment memory left.

This iPhone business is rather ridiculous and illogical. Basically the contest rules where made to prevent people from making a good animation? Look, I'm all for equality and evening out the playing field capital-wise, but what your doing here is not equality. It's turning an even spread into haves and have-nots. It doesn't make sense, besides, most individuals in the contest would at least have skill in stop-motion animation, so why expect them to do any less?

I more reasonable request would be no in-animation special effects, or limit the product to something more universal like windows movie maker or the apple thing. It about story anyways.

If I where to choose to enter this contest, I would have to deal with stabilizing my massive iPad to take hundreds of images. It could end up getting scratched up, or falling off my table, shattering the glass. I'm not going to pay huge money to get some sort of iPad camera stand, if such an item exists. Plus the video quality issues between all the apple products and bad sound effects (Are they even relevant to every-day life?) , in addition to the inability to record voiced dialog, what you're asking for everyone to create the exact same animation. I don't want to make some sort of slapstick comedy.

PS: I hope this didn't sound too mean, but maybe you'll see my point, even if it's just a little contest...

PSS: I know LEGO is providing the prizes, and I'm not against people choosing to use the app, but considering LEGO makes money off of sets being sold, I see no loss in not using a free app.

Edited by the last chronicler

I think the idea is to see what can be achieved with the official LEGO movie app, rather than just an animation comp.

I don't think it's any different than not being able to use Megablox in a building comp, sure some people have lots of MB and would ask why they can't enter (haves and have nots ).

The fact is this is a LEGO site and we use LEGO products in our comps and creations.

Yes it's a shame that the app is Mac exclusive at the moment, but thems the breaks.

Personally I can't wait to see the entries and maybe have a crack at it myself.