Sign in to follow this  
Front

MOC: The Guard

In my attempts to learn building with CCBS parts, this "moc" is one of my latest, built half a year ago. This is exclusively built with CCBS parts, except a few Technic axles to hold the tools in both hands, and the few decoration parts added as eyes etc.

Torso parts are only used as feet, one for each. The rest of the structure is made with A,B and C Beam parts exclusively.

***Edit***

It's not only A,B and C beams, surely I also used a lot of the double Technic bushings with 2 and 3 balls attached.

8149906707_26f59f6536_c.jpg

Click on the picture to see it 2000-pixels wide on flickr.

The Robot is built as a modular system, where the legs can be taken of, by clicking off three ball cups. Both legs come of together as one structure. Then the robot can climb onto a trike, a motorcycle or similar, and click onto that vehicle.

Erland

Part Design

Edited by Front

This is great. Apart from the build, the colorscheme is interesting too. And the amount of texture you gave it...

Very nice design! I like his irregular physique and sturdy-looking leg and torso designs. His color scheme also works very well. And his face is adorable with it's small, round, glowing eyes. Great job integrating the spherical shell detail piece with the 8M engine block shells and 8M 2.0 torso shell.

That is one majorly impressive build.

I was surprised when you said there were only 2 torso pieces used- the build looks very solid and sturdy in appearance.

I love the unusual shape of the body, how the head's so low and body's so wide. I really like what you've done with the head and those 'engine block' parts.

The bright green translucent parts give it a nice splash of color, and it's just really nice to look at.

Thank you for comments.

I just edited my post, as I surely also used a lot of the double bushings with 2 and 3 balls.

Sculpting shapes like the head with armor (shells) is kind of a fun challenge. I have a few other examples, that I might show later.

The more and more I look at this, the more I think two things.

I want to try and make a head, or at least a face, out of all HF ball-cup parts, like seen here; and I'd like to see this guy ride a motorcycle, as mentioned. That would be pretty darn cool.