Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

Wall tower - Albion

I think you've done well. The rock effects is interesting. I like the water at the base with some vegetations and fig' legs!! The top is also impressive because it is a bit huge (effective then) and that door is really special, I want to see more of it.

I smell Albion Wall Community Build! A very simple yet heavily fortified looking tower. Now I wonder what's inside? Well done Susan Jr.

looks great and massive! I like the big battlements. A few tiles on the wall where the two caped knights are walking, might be a nice addition

Nice job! Like the water technique and you have just the right amount of detail on the wall! :thumbup:

Very impressive tower :thumbup: The arrow slits and crenelations are both excellent and I like your fig combos :classic:

I agree that the arrow slits are well done. I also like the brick pieces interspersed throughout the wall. Nice classic look!

This is great LD! Looks very history accurate without the arches, curves and everything else we build into our walls and towers! :grin: The brick brick makes it even more realistic! Well done and great to see some Albion builds again!

very nice tower Legonardo, Albion seems to be defended really well. However, Valholl's walls are somewhat higher :tongue:

Great tower, I really like the strong feeling it has. Also the foilage on it and the dirt path on the inside are excellent. One minor thing, I think it could use more arrow slits!

However, Valholl's walls are somewhat higher :tongue:

somewhat...

I think it´s a bit of Avalonian arrogance, they assume the city can never be taken, so it doesn´t matter how high the walls are on the inside. Untill.... there are enemy men inside.... :devil:

Great tower Susan Jr.

I like how you used the gray pieces, new and old ones it makes a good contrast.

The folliage is used smartly too.

And yes is a good defense to our formidable capital.

Ps. Brave words from our Mitgardians visitors... but only words at the end. :devil:

You did much better than OK!

Such a massive, powerful tower.

As others have said, the rocks, vegetation and water re all very nice as well.

Andy D

I love how imposing this is, but a tad bit more detail on the tower would have been good in my opinion. As Ecclesiastes said, another row of arrow slits or perhaps these:

85984.1251686232.jpg

for the sides of the arrow slits to add more depth? (pic from peeron)

A small thing though, again, the beefiness is great.

I really like this one. Looks more realistic than some of the highly ornamental ones we've seen (which have their place...). I think the brick-bricks and the slight color variations add all the texture you need to the walls. This looks like it was built to defend something, and not just ornamental. But I don't think it needs more arrow slits.

The base of the battlements could be one brick higher though; they don't seem quite high enough. I don't think you could usually see over the top of the merlon; kinda defeats the purpose. But that's a minor point.

I do think that the wall section is a bit low. It looks to be only about 10 bricks high to the walkway, which is probably about 12 feet or so. I imagine a city or castle wall would normally be 20 feet or higher, otherwise it would be too easy to scale.