Sign in to follow this  
Hypersonic

Besieged tower

Alright, so I've been wanting to try out castle for a while now and I finally took the time to do so. Unfortunately, by the time I did, all my grey headlights were used up, so there isn't as much detail on the walls as I would have liked. Still, it was fun to build and I think I learned quite a lot about building castles, most notably to check out if all the grass is still in place before taking pictures... Anyway, here's a link to Flickr, since the picture is a bit large: click the photo for a link to Flickr

8147822833_c4eb67e160.jpg

Also, a link to the Brickshelf gallery, when public:

http://www.brickshel...gallery.cgi?f=5

Suggestions on how to improve it are welcome, and I do realize that the landscaping looks incomplete, that's because I'm out of green plates after I used them all up in some other projects.

Edited by ZCerberus
Add picture as link.

The beauty of flickr is that it automatically give you so many sizes to choose from!!

I added the picture from the link and you can now click the picture to take you to your photo stream.

Very tall tower. I like that the shape isn't perfectly rectangular. I would work on making the trees taller and the landscape more lush. You could add some stone work detail above the door to the tower if you want to add some gusto.

Very nice first attempt. I would say maybe make it less tall and that way you would have more pieces to use for details? And I agree, the landscaping could use a little more detail but other than that it's very good.

Thanks, but I'm afraid making it less tall wouldn't have helped much. I have plenty of grey bricks, but no plates, headlights or anything else that could be used left. I'll buy a lot on my next bricklink order though so hopefully my next castle MOC will be more detailed.

Excellent shape :thumbup: I agree that some more detailing on the tower would look nice but without parts there's not much to do.

The rock base and stairs look very good :classic:

Thanks guys!

Also I just noticed that the baseplate is bent in the picture, that's because the only surface I could take a pic on was uneven. Don't worry, the baseplate is unharmed =P