Sign in to follow this  

M’Lord Rex,

I leave today from the Enchanted Forest for the Kaliphlin badlands to enter a Tournament of Champions. My time with the elves has proven most enlightening. I sent word to our Elven emissary, Lord Varis, to tell Priestess Miress to prepare for my arrival. Varis and I found Priestess Miress at the Altar of Hardool who greeted me with great affection. The Priestess has since become Queen of her tribe of Elves. Though I am years older, she has aged not but a day since the victory at Eli’s Rock. She has not forgotten our days together after the defeat of the House of Baine when your father and I helped rebuild the Elven temples and villages. Much like Huntsman Raman, she too calls me “the Green Knight”.

8147613396_21c9a39a27_z.jpg

Though she seemed most ecstatic to see me, she was very troubled when I presented Vile’s ring. After much prayer to at the Altar of Hardool she revealed to me the existence of at least three more lords of Baine spread throughout Historica. One of the villains takes up residence on the mountain passes of Mitgardia, another in the swamplands of Nocturnus, and the last on the desert plains of Kaliphlin.

Despite her great powers and hours of prayer, she could only clearly envision one of the evil lords. Varis informs me the description of the dark lord Miress envisions matched that of a legendary jouster in Kalphlin, Duke Greevum. Greevum has won the most brutal of jousting tournaments hosted in the Succus Badlands eight years in a row. As luck would have it, Varis says the tournament is occurring five days from now, and I have dispatched a Green Rider to enter my lance in this year’s tournament. Though it has been years since I have taken up a lance and shield in a joust, this may be our best opportunity to get close to Greevum. Varis says that even though the joust is for sport, Greevum has slain many opponents in the tournament. I question why any man would still raise a lance if such a ruthless ruffian was always the victor.

8147613176_b07a2d0977_z.jpg

Queen Miress gave me her tribe’s finest Elven lance and a finely crafted Elven blade in hopes that I may defeat Greevum in the tournament and learn more about the Baine Lords that escape her vision. With the Elven gifts in my hands and Miress’s enchanting beauty in my heart, I ride for the badlands.

Your friend

Trian Buress, the Green Knight of Avalonia

Enemies defeated: None

Allies Acquired: Miress Greenclove and her tribe of Elves

8147612874_770d0cc4d1_z.jpg

Items Acquired: Fine Elven Lance and Blade

Other Chapters in the House of Baine saga:

Chapter 1: the Forgotten House

Chapter 2: The Wizard's Tower (not posted)

Chapter 3: The Keeper's Tomb (Challenge 3 entry)

Chapter 4: Altar of Hardool

Once again, this is absolutely phenomenal - so many great things, in such a small moc: the roof, the pillars, the story, in short: everything!!

Everything about this is just perfect! :wub: I was also thinking about using the planet pieces for domes but I never envisioned the way you conbined it with the tail pieces. Just brilliant! :thumbup:

great build as usual and as I mentioned somewhere before, I am totally borrowing your idea of the planet pieces as a dome roof. (already bought a Bespin plant for the domes) They would look great in Varlyrio!

Two more notes... I think Gabe also used the domes in his challenge 2 build, so check that out too. This build qualifies for High King of the Elves title in Avalonia.

Great build, creative use of loki's thing and the dome is A+

keep it up!

~Legonardo

Loving the use of that planet piece, and the build is awesome, looks very Elven. I think this is about the third GoH moc I've seem which showes Elves wearing or wielding golden artifacts. Gives me some ideas.

Beutiful roof, took me a second to figure out waht it was - makes me want that SW world! Great job! :thumbup:

Beautiful MOC! I love the use of the planet piece, and I really like the techniques along the dome and the pillars. I think I love the "adventure" format the best! Original build and great idea!

Nice build, ZC :sweet: ! Especially like the statue on the top :wink: .

I just love that base! Is it just tan under it? Looks like another colour combined with the white!

As other have pointed out, that sphere is really good looking and fits perfect as roof!

How did you curve the trees?

Great job on using that dome, I doubted to buy some on Legoworld, I didn´t... Now I regret that for sure! Also nice use of the hat as a shield and the base is as always stunning!

Thanks everyone. This little build actually inspired my CH 5 entry. Not done with it yet, but I am on to detailing now.

I just love that base! Is it just tan under it? Looks like another colour combined with the white!

How did you curve the trees?

It is just tan and white.

The are curved using flextube spines. I LOVE the rigid flex tube. It is my pest friend!