CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Hopefully we'll get more photos of the summer wave sets at Nuremberg toy fair (I think it's the 30th)

I hope so too, but last year we only got 1 picture of the lotr sets and it was at a bad angle, and the image was too small to do any zooming on...

I hope so too, but last year we only got 1 picture of the lotr sets and it was at a bad angle, and the image was too small to do any zooming on...

Hopefully someone buys a good camera :classic: (it would also help if they can actually take pictures too). Hopefully there's also some other licensed sets going to be there on display. There's always the toyfair in America coming in February if all else fails.

Hopefully someone buys a good camera :classic: (it would also help if they can actually take pictures too). Hopefully there's also some other licensed sets going to be there on display. There's always the toyfair in America coming in February if all else fails.

That's when we'll get the best pics anyways. FBTB always get very thorough pictures of practically all the major themes. They did amazing coverage of LOTR last year, so I have a strong feeling they'll get all the pics we desire this year.

Hopefully someone buys a good camera :classic: (it would also help if they can actually take pictures too).

I think last years picture was approved and edited by LEGO in some way.

Hmm hard to write something that has not been said but I'll try:

- the white hairpiece will make a good female one if you cut off the beard, then you can have a female elf with white hair

- the dead soldiers' legs look interesting, I wish I could get a better look. Maybe some new kind of living solider can be made with these legs. I wonder what torso to combine with these olive green legs.

I am going to buy the council and bricklink the sand green capes. And of course eagles if there will be any. Although it is weird that giant eagles are bigger than griffins.

All of the sets look great, can't wait to see something official, like a picture, of Orthanc.

Anyway, I got a bit of a laugh seeing the Corsair with a flickfire missile in the picture. Lego just can't help themselves with those.

Hey guys Check out my latest Flickr Picture!

All the 2013 LotR Minifigures plus another shot of the Pirate Ship Ambush picture! Check it out!

This link doesn't work for me.

It is.

Are Aragorn's legs normal tan over dark tan in the minifig lineup picture?

Edited by Seaber

Hmm, I find it odd that the orcs on the Battle At The Black Gates have helmets, while on the poster they're bald.

Anyone know why this is? Has something similar happened before?

Hmm, I find it odd that the orcs on the Battle At The Black Gates have helmets, while on the poster they're bald.

Anyone know why this is? Has something similar happened before?

Many times when we are dealing with preliminary photos. Sometimes the Minifigs are just placeholders for mocked up boxes.

Sorry if the Pictures have already been seen but i went through the last few pages and didn't see anything. and sorry about the link it works now!

Does anyone think that the glowing white figures on the prelim that represent the Dead Men of Dunharrow means that the arms and heads of those figs, along with some of their torso prints, will be glow in the dark? That would be really cool!

I would concur that it looks like multiple parts of the Dead Men will glow in the dark. Should be interesting to see the finished box art to be sure,

Wow, Arwen and Elrond both look amazing. LEGO has pleased me with all of their elf figures so far. Definitely getting that set first.

The picture you linked is how he looks in the hobbit, his robes are red in the council in lotr. LOTR elrond: http://www.very-faer...ond_Council.jpg

The minifigure we get looks exactly the same as in the game every print and every color.

ONLY the cape's color is different from game.

Oh I see, my mistake. It seems the cape makes the torso appear to be a lighter colour, so that's what confused me. :wacko:

(Arghhh, wrong again! *Hits head repeatedly*)

It seems we're getting trans-yellow crystal balls and a special staff for Saruman in 79005 :laugh:

I think the crystal balls will still be clear but with a trans yellow head in them or something and as for Saruman's staff, it looks to be the same design as the one in the game :classic:

I don't really understand how to get the image. There's no way to answer the riddle or redirect you to another page...

Check out http://www.lordofthebrick.com/ for another riddle that leads to a new prelim pic, this time showing a close-up of all four sets :sweet:

Do you have the URL for that picture because I can't seem to answer the riddle on my ipad (is the answer the dragon on the map)

Edited by Kez

Can someone send the link of the picture?Because it seems few ppl (like me :grin: ) cant even solve this riddle and I shouldnt mention that I dont even know how to unlock the picture.