CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Could be a marking on the mordor orcs similar to the white hand on the Urak-hai?

Palantir?

edit:

Oops, beat me to it.

Edited by deskp

Sounds like the Palantir will be a minifig head from the info on Barry's blog... As discussed, I think there are better pieces, but I am not unhappy, it will work. (I do love it when they use the head piece for different things). :laugh:

Edited by Albus

So they'll use a minifig head as the palantir? That could make for some creepy minifigs when combined with different headgear pieces (like the Cyclops head from CMF series 9) :grin:

As discussed, I think there are better pieces, but I am not unhappy, it will work.

I suppose the minifig head is the most fitting part that they are used to printing? The downside is that with printing the part won't work very well when viewed from different directions.

I wish that they include to Mordor orcs armor piece like Gothmog has,or this,or just printings,I don't want to see the same armor piece like Uruk-hais have,they will be too simillar,if they include this one like Gothmog has,it will be nice to see some printings on armor piece

Gothmog.png

Edited by Lordof theBricks

I wish that they include to Mordor orcs armor piece like Gothmog has,or this,or just printings,I don't want to see the same armor piece like Uruk-hais have,they will be too simillar,if they include this one like Gothmog has,it will be nice to see some printings on armor piece

That woud be nice! We can dream...

Hm....a minifig head as the Palantir? They could have done a lot better than that. :sceptic:

unfortunately that can be true,do You remember this?

lego-accessoires-star-wars-death-star-globe-trans-red-minifig-head-with-gold-death-star-pattern-3626bpb330.jpg

They can make the same with Palantir,but anyway, who said that it will be head piece?

Sounds like the Palantir will be a minifig head from the info on Barry's blog

I think it's much more likely the printed head will be used for the Eye of Sauron in the Black Gate set.

Edited by binaryeye

I think it's much more likely the printed head will be used for the Eye of Sauron in the Black Gate set.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless they somehow threw the Black Gate and Barad-dûr into a blender or they did a forced perspective sort of thing with a mini tower :laugh:

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless they somehow threw the Black Gate and Barad-dûr into a blender or they did a forced perspective sort of thing with a mini tower :laugh:

The set description begins "Fly the Great Eagle high above the Black Gate of Mordor where Aragorn and Gandalf the White must distract the Eye of Sauron." I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean the Eye will be in the set. But given the scene in the movie, where it seems as if Barad-dûr is just inside the Black Gate, it wouldn't surprise me.

Could the eye of sauron head be a new print for the palantir

yes it is, here is the description of the set from http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2013/01/22/lego-toyfair-2013-lord-of-the-rings-star-wars-tmnt/

Following on from the just-released The Hobbit sets (review), LEGO are set to unleash four new Lord of the Rings sets in the Summer: Set No. 79005 The Wizard Battle, priced at £11.99, which includes two mini figures – Gandalf the Grey and Saruman, as well as the Eye of Sauron (which looks like a translucent minifig head). Set No. 79006 The Council of Elrond, priced at £29.99, which includes minifigures of Arwen, Lord Elrond and more; Set No. 79007 Battle at the Black Gate (£59.99 RRP), which includes minifigures of Gandalf the White and Aragorn (both of which are variants exclusive to this set), as well two Mordor Orcs. The most expensive Lord of the Rings set on show at Toyfair was Set No. 9008 Pirate Ship Ambush, whch retails for £89.99 RRP.

As The_Chosen_1 pointed out, I was not referring to you, I was talking about the guy who made and uploaded the video to youtube.

Alright, I am sorry. I thought that you were refering to me. And I do agree with you that the fake set thing has gotten out of hand not on this site but elsewhere.

Anyway I am surprised that there are only 4-5 sets coming out. I was sure I had seen a possible treebeard set in that picture of the inside of the Lego design studio. Hopefully there will be another wave of LOTR later on this year and not just the Hobbit. I also wouldn't be too sure of the eye of sauron being a minifig head since the sets are described as preliminary and not finalized.

Edited by Jack Bricker

Set No. 79007 Battle at the Black Gate (£59.99 RRP), which includes minifigures of Gandalf the White and Aragorn (both of which are variants exclusive to this set), as well two Mordor Orcs.

Wait... no Mouth of Sauron?

I hate to say this but I was told this weekend at a Lego fan festival, just how bad LOTR is doing. It is not good. So we need some of you germans to go buy some lotr, because apparently, you guys are the only ones that ever matter...lolol

I hate to say this but I was told this weekend at a Lego fan festival, just how bad LOTR is doing. It is not good. So we need some of you germans to go buy some lotr, because apparently, you guys are the only ones that ever matter...lolol

Woah, wait, what? It's not doing good? Who said this? I mean, by the looks of it, it's doing okay.

And you heard this from? (Lego employee?) who based this on what?

I can see this happening, LOTR is a theme that is not as popular among the typical Star Wars or Super Heroes fans. But we need facts and reliable sources....

Germany is LEGOs largest market. sad to hear

We need a reliable source on this, because if it's just some fan shooting from the hip it doesn't mean a thing. From what I've been able to see, LotR and Hobbit sets have been selling just fine at stores around here.

Looking at the prices in Euros, which have been similar to American prices in the past year, I am a bit surprised at how cheap these LOTR sets appear to be. Rivendale for $30? I was assuming it would be about $40-$50, the Black Gate is $60 and I was thinking more like $80 and the pirate ship is $90, if these prices transfer, rather than the $120 I suspected. Now, I am sure someone more savvy than I will swoop along and point out how my Euro to dollar observation is incorrect but from what I have seen, the European prices have seemed awfully close to the American ones.