CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I think it was a Toys 'R Us exclusive last fall. I picked mine up before Thanksgiving, I know that much. I think it was pretty limited.

I think it was a Toys 'R Us exclusive last fall. I picked mine up before Thanksgiving, I know that much. I think it was pretty limited.

Yeah it was limited. I had to drive 30 miles to Lakeland to get some, none of the ToysRus within three cities had the Mirkwood Elf Poly. I only took a handful but when I came back two weeks later the box was still there so I took a dozen more.

Yeah it was limited. I had to drive 30 miles to Lakeland to get some, none of the ToysRus within three cities had the Mirkwood Elf Poly. I only took a handful but when I came back two weeks later the box was still there so I took a dozen more.

Lucky you. In Germany there weren't any available. So... finally 15 € on ebay. *sad*

2013 talk folks.

Thranduil, Thranduil, Thranduil! Some posters on theonering have mentioned that since the battle of Dol Guldur could be merged with the Battle of the Trees, Thranduil may take part in the White Council attack. If this is so then we may see him in the Dol Guldur battle set. As we've discussed it seems unlikely that Thranduil would be in the Mirkwood army set. However, if he does don his silver armor for the second half of DoS and the TaBa then he could be leading his army. Based on his isolationist policy, I doubt though that Thranduil would change his mind so abruptly. More likely he won't leave his realm until near the end of DoS or the beginning of TaBa. It is difficult to logically find a place for Thranduil in his non armored version within the revealed sets coming out in December. I was really hoping for a Thranduil throne room set, maybe the missing $12 set?

Edited by Mahtion

Is it just me, or has the discussion about whether or not we might get a Thranduil minifig crossed over into that same level of obsessive crazy, that has so permeated any discussions regarding Minas Tirith? If we get a fig we get a fig. If we don't so be it. Hopefully we get something good regardless. But the levels of obsession are starting to get just a tad creepy.

Is it just me, or has the discussion about whether or not we might get a Thranduil minifig crossed over into that same level of obsessive crazy, that has so permeated any discussions regarding Minas Tirith? If we get a fig we get a fig. If we don't so be it. Hopefully we get something good regardless. But the levels of obsession are starting to get just a tad creepy.

I don't ffeel it's like that, a Thranduil figure is far more realistic and possible seeing as theres 2 more waves of sets to be had from the hobbit, whereas minas tirit might not even have another wave of sets at all for lotr for it to be released in.

And people (including me) find it abit silly that a characther as important as thranduil might be skipped in his most iconic attire.

Time will tell.

If we don't get a third LOTR wave then iconic characters/locations aren't very important for TLG. But I think we will get both ;-)

a lot of speculation about things we have very little info on apart from a proposed list of sets that could be described as circumspect at best....

And people (including me) find it abit silly that a characther as important as thranduil might be skipped in his most iconic attire.

Well he is only (seemingly) important in the movies with the added plot. In the Hobbit book he is barely mentioned more than a few times and doesn't have a huge role really. Minas Tirith on the other hand is the central location for most of the Return of the King film. Of course a Thranduil minifig is significantly easier to make than a Minas Tirith set I imagine

2013 talk folks.

The brick police, they live inside of this thread. Haha.

On the real, Thranduil might be a huge character in the upcoming films, who knows. Either way, I don't think there have been any bad figures thus far and I imagine that will continue. I just hope we don't see too many dwarves re-released at the expense of any charatcer or potential army builder. I'm alright with the inevitable Gandalf's since I can use those torsos for Haldir and his crew from their Fellowship appearance.

We already have two sets, so it's unlikely. They're probably just going to keep the Barrel Escape and Mirkwood Spiders sets and count them as 2nd wave sets.

We already have two sets, so it's unlikely. They're probably just going to keep the Barrel Escape and Mirkwood Spiders sets and count them as 2nd wave sets.

That's not how things work. Also those 2 sets does not fill the price of the "missing" set slots.

That's not how things work. Also those 2 sets does not fill the price of the "missing" set slots.

They don't always fill the full sweep of set prices. Look at the more recent Super Heroes releases. Also the next wave of Star Wars releases don't seem to have quite the degree of high end sets. The ATAP shown at Comic con looks to be the big set there for that wave.

They don't always fill the full sweep of set prices. Look at the more recent Super Heroes releases. Also the next wave of Star Wars releases don't seem to have quite the degree of high end sets. The ATAP shown at Comic con looks to be the big set there for that wave.

And the first half SW wave doesn't usually have a big set anyway.

I'm betting its something that walked out of the factory, like so many recent figs that first appear on ebay. It's probably more a good sign that we will be seeing Azog in a set than it s an unbelievably good deal on the comic con fig.

This is someone who opened it right after comic con, and now that they've taken notice of the price they want to cash in.

It shouldnt go as high as the others sold, but surely it'll go much higher than it is at the moment.

Why people cant just wait for december and get Azog from the new hobbit sets and pay millions to just get him alone??

Edited by LOTR343

Why people cant just wait for december and get Azog from the new hobbit sets and pay millions to just get him alone??

People are ignorant to the fact that hes not really EXCLUSIVE