CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I lot of people have been getting those lately. I think someone even got one when they bought a keychain. TLG's cramming Chima down our throats. But hey! Free LEGO!

i think Azog will have an arm and hand similar to the Evil Robot from Series 8. assuming that Azog comes in one of the new Hobbit sets this December :classic:

My Orthanc arrived with Jor-El, a poster, and this: http://www.brickset....il/?Set=70113-1

Happen to anyone else? I'm confused but pleased, not gonna turn down a free set - they didn't charge me for it!

Goodness, they're still giving these away? They must have made an extra 100,000 that they can't get rid of. It was a nice gesture, though. Still not going to get me to buy an Chima, however.

My Orthanc arrived with Jor-El, a poster, and this: http://www.brickset....il/?Set=70113-1

Happen to anyone else? I'm confused but pleased, not gonna turn down a free set - they didn't charge me for it!

Yes. Same here. I thought maybe they added it since shipping got slightly delayed? Either way. Free set. And completely agree with the fact that its not gonna get me to buy any Chima stuff. The whole storyline and conflict just doesn't catch me at all (saw the 4D video at legoland and it bored me completely), and none of the sets thusfar have caught my interest either...

I think they want to get the Chima word out, but also they probably have a lot of that particular set that they can't move. I received 3 on May the Fourth sales. I didn't make 3 orders mind you. Amazon has had it on 50% sales ever since May 4th also. I'm not sure what it is now, but I know it has been heavily discounted for a long time. So if they are still giving them out, then I guess they must not be moving too easily. Like the full price SW B-Wing..

All of my orders were shipped, but I haven't received anything yet. I'll see if my Orthanc comes with one also. Not that I need another one.

I've received 7 of the Chima sets so far. :tongue:

I could take a few off your hands. :)

-Sci

I was making a list for the Desolation of Smaug sets using the 1st wave prices

Lake town 100

Erebor 70

Beorn House 60

Elf Palace Throne Room or upper part 40

Eagles Nest 30

Radagast 10

And for lotr third wave following first prices

Mina's Tirith 140

Pelennor Fields 80

Osgilath 60

Lothlorien 40

Amon Hen 30

Journeys End/ Mt Doom final scene 20

Last Allinace with elendil islildur and sauron 10

I was making a list for the Desolation of Smaug sets using the 1st wave prices

Lake town 100

Erebor 70

Beorn House 60

Elf Palace Throne Room or upper part 40

Eagles Nest 30

Radagast 10

And for lotr third wave following first prices

Mina's Tirith 140

Pelennor Fields 80

Osgilath 60

Lothlorien 40

Amon Hen 30

Journeys End/ Mt Doom final scene 20

Last Allinace with elendil islildur and sauron 10

We discuss theories and proposals for future sets in the 'Future LOTR sets?' thread.

I received 2 Towers of Orthanc for the price of 1... but I'm gonna return one of them

I received 2 Towers of Orthanc for the price of 1... but I'm gonna return one of them

You are very honest, for that lego should let you keep it, congratulations for doing the right thing though, although if I was in your situation I'd've been very tempted but I'd've probably done the same as you. :classic:

I remember receiving two of a set once. I wrote to Lego asking about returning one and they said i could keep it, As i had no need for a second model i sold the other one and gave the money to charity. (It was a Grand carousel so would have been worth a similar amount back in the day :wub: )

Edited by The Joker1

Got my Tower today looks really good, from what I did have time to check. I am gonna sell of some stuff, but have decided I will keep the Tower after I read the review made by Rufus here on EB and also watched the good video-review by Brickqueen on Youtube.

[ So PS, I know this Isn´t the buy/sell (sorry) but would anyone (in Europe) be intrested in buying the Ent or the Great Eagle or both. I have made a Super lot in BL (http://www.bricklink.com/storeDetail.asp?bindID=29721&b=-12774696&h=240131) PM me for more info or if someone is intrested (price is negotiable)]

Honesty till the end :classic:

I remember receiving two of a set once. I wrote to Lego asking about returning one and they said i could keep it, As i had no need for a second model i sold the other one and gave the money to charity. (It was a Grand carousel so would have been worth a similar amount back in the day :wub: )

I could understand someone would make a mistake and put some off the small sets in double, but big, expensive, exclusive sets like, the Grand Carousel and the tower Orthanc (especially the grand carousel set) how is it possible!

Just to update the above post. My Orthanc did not come with one. So either they forgot, or you're extra lucky and received one. But hey, I'll take a second Orthanc for free :tongue: .

I also heard at Brickworld they were handing out that Chima set by the case. I know a few people who received 3 cases of them. I guess it is 6 per case.

So either they intentionally produced too many to give out at events and to spread the word, or they are handing them out because they produced too many.

whooo

got wizard battle $18

and c.o.elrond $48!!!

[ So PS, I know this Isn´t the buy/sell (sorry) but would anyone (in Europe) be intrested in buying the Ent or the Great Eagle or both. I have made a Super lot in BL (http://www.bricklink...774696&h=240131) PM me for more info or if someone is intrested (price is negotiable)]

Maybe Ill check :)

3 weeks till sdcc, IF thing turn out like last year it's less than 3 weeks till they show of some pictures online of a new hobbit set and or new minifigures.

I really hope so!

remember this? : https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr_9l1pl2RD4mBc_lnBPdpOrLdrHzmnB_k5K-QkR_BabSszhO2Ow

Ah yes, I do remember that, I can't wait, I am looking forward to more news, hopefully we will see a sneak preview of the hobbit figures or perhaps even one of the sets. :classic:

Orthanc has arrived in Australia. :classic: Since I'm working both days on the weekend, I expect this to be a long building process. Yay! :wub:

Same!! Though I have my last day of school for the term tomorrow, but I'll start building tonight.

I hope I get mine tomorrow then.

Means I can build it on Saturday under natural light :excited: