CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Just got the last one from LEGO Cardiff, they said people were queuing at the door for it this morning!

Bad news is! I got halfway through the first book building the ent only to find the pages were messed up and it went onto building the tower itself before i finished building the ent! :sceptic:

I called them up and they sent me a PDF, but it's still not on considering how much it is! :sadnew:

That's unlucky, so far my Orthanc seems ok, and that's a different story to my store, my store in leeds had a full shelf of orthancs and only 2 seemed to have been purchased (one of those by me) :classic:

In MK there was none missing but it was late in the day maybe they just get more from out the back to make it look good.

Actually that wasn't even entirely legal, was it? I thought the Sun promo was suppose to be one per customer, its just most employees didn't uphold or care about this rule.

Good point. I guess no it wasn't! It was the fault of unscrupulous people and uncaring WH smith employees.

Well I just got asked for the Batch number of my Orthanc with the misprinted instructions, they said they would need to recall them. Not sure if that will impact anyone who ordered them online :sceptic:

My online order looks to be backordered (my free promo items were shipped seperately). So I believe they have been recalled. Was hoping to get it for the weekend too :(

Mines been shipped (with all of the promo items) so I hope that means it's ok! I don't think I can handle getting it and having to send it back!

Lucky you! What's annoying is that I ordered as soon as the page went live. According to others, Lego doesn't work on a first come basis. I would have happily taken a corrected PDF and the right instructions sent separately rather than sending the promotional items seperately first and Orthanc being delayed.

Lucky you! What's annoying is that I ordered as soon as the page went live. According to others, Lego doesn't work on a first come basis. I would have happily taken a corrected PDF and the right instructions sent separately rather than sending the promotional items seperately first and Orthanc being delayed.

Gr8 vip program !!! You can preorder it 2 weeks earlier and get it with all the others ;)

I ordered today, I was on a two point will I order or not but the free stuff, Superman polybag, Splinter keychain, the poster and everything with free shipping, made my decision. Always nice to have another Jor-el minifigure.

A few hours after I had ordered I got an announcement that it had shipped and I just checked the orderstatus, it says everything has shipped.

I made two separate orders on the same weekend, Each of one large set with the free jor-el. The other order status has just changed to shipped while orthanc still says in process, Oh well no rush.

Away from the Orthanc discussion :sweet:

Do you guys think we will see this ugly guy as an minifigure in some of the Hobbit sets:

Bolg-1.jpeg

And what color is his skin? Thinking in Lego colors, in some images he looks sand blue or bley!

Hopefuly a set with him and Beorn

Btw of topic, why doesn´t the image stay smaller after I save it even though Ihad edit it smaller

Edited by Mencot

Hopefully he'll be in the Battle of Five Armies set. That is Bolg, so he needs to be crushed by Beorn during that battle. Also, I think tan would be best for his skin.

So is it safe to assume we will see a Hobbit set unveiled at comic con next month?

No. But we might. It happened last year, but that doesn't mean it will or won't happen again. It was a brand new line, so that was good reason to do a big unveiling. I think in the past it has tended to be Star Wars mostly (they have the bigger fan base) but we can always hope.

And my Orthanc shipped yesterday. Mid year sales start this week, so plenty of LOTR goodness is coming my way!

i want to see new Hobbit sets this month :sadnew:

We all do, but as of recent, pictures for sets based on new movies come out about a little less than month before the sets are planned to- Iron Man 3, Hobbit: AUJ, Man of Steel, ect.

Last year we got the AUJ pictures in early October, while the sets came out mid-November. Be patient- we'll get the list next month, most likely. :wink:

For some reason I'm not too keen on seeing the new Hobbit sets and already look forward in anticipation of the last(?) Lord of the Rings wave, instead. So far, the LotR sets are superior to the Hobbit, in my opinion. An Unexpected Gathering is the only Hobbit set that is still on my display, while The Orc Forge is the only LotR one that is not.

The LOTR sets are definitely superior the The Hobbit ones. TDOS has potential though - I look forward to a lot of Mirkwood Elves. I'm not expecting a particular spectacular wave, but hopefully the Flagship set will be something Smaug-ly spectacular (unlike the crappy Gobbo King Battle). I don't think even the die-hardest armybuilders like Alcarin or myself can expect any battle packs from this wave, though it would be an instant win if we got a Mirkwood Elf battlepack (with Elf hair, not just cop-out hoods). That's a long shot though. I think it will be a major failure on Lego's part if 2014 is not the Year of the Army Builder, however - we need a Gondorian battlepack for the (possibly final) LOTR wave, and the final Hobbit film/wave is all about the Battle of Five Armies - the FOCUS should be army builders aplenty (one for good and one for evil, at least) to do justice to the Goblin horde and the forces of Good (the Iron Hills Dwarves, the Mirkwood Elves, and the Men of Laketown). It would be very clean if we got a Mirkwood Elf/Orcs battlepack for TDOS, and a Iron Hills/Laketown battlepack for TABA.

Edited by Darth Caedus

I agree. Thus far the LotR sets seem superior to the Hobbit ones. Keep in mind though, so far we only have had one Hobbit film to draw sets from while we have had three LotR films. Not only that, the Hobbit book was a more child oriented. If we only had The Fellowship of the Ring sets I think the LotR wave might not seem as good either.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have any tips or tricks that they use to keep the capes on figures like saruman and elrond from getting horribly crumpled by the hairpieces? thanks.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have any tips or tricks that they use to keep the capes on figures like saruman and elrond from getting horribly crumpled by the hairpieces? thanks.

Yes I also noticed this with my saruman figure, if you don't want it getting crumpled my suggestion would be to remove the cape :classic:

I press the bit that sticks out behind the neck up until it's against the back of the head, then try and slide the hair piece on without letting go. It makes the cape a tad shorter, but seems to work against crumpling it

Away from the Orthanc discussion :sweet:

Do you guys think we will see this ugly guy as an minifigure in some of the Hobbit sets:

And what color is his skin? Thinking in Lego colors, in some images he looks sand blue or bley!

I wouls make him white so it wouldnt be too similar to various armor on him. Same with Azog.

It feels like bolg will get pushed to a minimal role in the movie they way PJ keeps loving Azog.