CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Exactly! The one this that a leaked list would confirm would be whether or not we'll get Smaug this year or next year.

Atm I kindof hope not. We're not sure how long Smaugs design has been finalized, so I'd rather wait for an accurate Smaug instead of something made from early concept art!

Atm I kindof hope not. We're not sure how long Smaugs design has been finalized, so I'd rather wait for an accurate Smaug instead of something made from early concept art!

Yeah. And I feel like, judging from the size of his head in the trailer, only an exclusive would do him justice. Perhaps an Orthanc sized exclusive for the Hobbit line.

Yeah. And I feel like, judging from the size of his head in the trailer, only an exclusive would do him justice. Perhaps an Orthanc sized exclusive for the Hobbit line.

Come on, he's not that big. Remember bilbo is TINY. A 2000 piece drago is absurd!

Am I the only one who does not want a brick smaug, something like the Dino t rex would be good

Am I the only one who does not want a brick smaug, something like the Dino t rex would be good

He would need to be twice the size of the T-Rex, but that would work, with some brick built folding wings.

Bigger would be good but remember the eagle, I don't think it will be as big as people want. I don't mind all this minifig size thing, if everything had to be the right size we would have to miss out on a lot cos they would not make it or it would cost too much

As long as it looks good I will be happy.

I don't have the brown one, have the green and brown, kind or what that one now.

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand that post. Could you please explain? :classic:

Edited by 8BrickMario

Sorry in the link from deskp there is a brown T Rex and I was just saying I have the green and brown one the same but looking at the picture I want the brown one too. But back on topic the question was would a Smaug work if it was like that T Rex in size and style.

I think it would and it would go well with my T Rex too.

oops, clicked post a little late, never mind me.

Edited by deskp

Just ordered Orthanc from shop@home - it said that I am only preording it today, and it will ship by July 1st. I'm really hoping that they are only covering themselves and it will ship soon! It's times like this that make me wish we had a Lego store.

Edited by Almaras22

Just ordered Orthanc from shop@home - it said that I am only preording it today, and it will ship by July 1st. I'm really hoping that they are only covering themselves and it will ship soon! It's times like this that make me wish we had a Lego store.

Migth it be part of the VIP non vip thing?

Migth it be part of the VIP non vip thing?

Probably not. I'm a VIP and I've received the same "Will ship by the 1st of July" comment on my receipt, but fingers crossed that this is only an estimated shipping date and that Orthanc will arrive earlier. Interestingly, when I look up my order it states the there's also a free Tower of Orthanc poster being sent out too. Anyone have any ideas as to what that's all about?

Edited by Dorothy Vader

I don't think it's just a VIP/non VIP thing because when I logged out I couldn't even find orthanc listed (though that may be my phone playing up).

And nothing about an orthanc poster was added to my basket :( Just Jor El and the splinter keyring. I haven't received my email confirmation/receipt yet though so hopefully I get it! Though at the end of the day, the real thing is enough for me!

Edited by Almaras22

Probably not. I'm a VIP and I've received the same "Will ship by the 1st of July" comment on my receipt, but fingers crossed that this is only an estimated shipping date and that Orthanc will arrive earlier. Interestingly, when I look up my order it states the there's also a free Tower of Orthanc poster being sent out too. Anyone have any ideas as to what that's all about?

I don't think it's just a VIP/non VIP thing because when I logged out I couldn't even find orthanc listed (though that may be my phone playing up).

And nothing about an orthanc poster was added to my basket :( Just Jor El and the splinter keyring. I haven't received my email confirmation/receipt yet though so hopefully I get it! Though at the end of the day, the real thing is enough for me!

Just ordered mine too, same story. I'm also hoping they're either covering themselves in case they get inundated with more orders than stock, or just giving an estimated date of delivery. I don't want to wait a whole month for it to arrive! Managed to use 700 VIP points so that was nice. There was no sign of a poster in checkout for me, but when I look at the order status it's there. 5002517 LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ Tower of Orthanc™ Poster.

^It just changed from Preorder to Available Now so hopefully it ships straight away! And my order now has the poster included as well :-)

When I checked about an hour ago it didn't show as a pre order just said available july 1st, now its just gone for me and I am signed into VIP account.

When I checked about an hour ago it didn't show as a pre order just said available july 1st, now its just gone for me and I am signed into VIP account.

Where are you? Is it Monday where you live yet?

That would be perfectly fine to me!

Yeah, it has for me, I was just checking to see about ordering it and pfft, gone...

It still comes up when you search for the set name http://search2.lego.com/?q=tower+of+orthanc〈=2057&cc=AU but clicking the link takes you back to the shop's main page. Strange.

That size comparison pic makes the T-Rex head looks perfect. A T-Rex sized Smaug in either an Erebor or Laketown set would be perfect as the flagship set of the wave.

That's unfortunate. I didn't know anything about a special poster. Not that it will make me buy it early, but would have been nice to have. I think I have a Frodo poster from last year, but missed all of the other posters.

Edit: Seeing that t-rex makes me regret not getting the dino theme. I wanted to, but there were too many good sets last year. I agree that it would be a good Lego size for Smaug.

Edited by TheLegoDr