CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

That's not really a new scene, it's just been expanded heavily, in ways that make little sense.

Also it has orcs attacking by the look of the end of the trailer. Perhaps azog tries to get revenge again? Unless that was another part from the scene with elves fighting orcs. It looked a lot like Thorin was slicing one of them near the end though

Keep dreaming :P

I think they will change the figures a bit as the costumes have changed but hopefully there will be more chances to get the remaining dwarves not in the unexpected journey sets but only in the trilogy preview ones which I didn't bother with.

My brother was saying how Warhammer miniatures also cost twice as much in Australia, and that the average Aussie household income is twice as much as the standard income, so this was the rationale? I'm not sure if this is true, but that's what the markup was supposedly based on.

Yeah I used to collect warhammer and until the hobbit stuff came out I mean $120 for 4 people. No way. Sorry for going off subject :/

^Yeah, I've seen all but the Wizard Battle in tru, target and big w. As for the prices, it's Australia :/

You guys are just so lucky :/

Wizard Battle is $30 here

How am I ever gonna get any of these.....

Yeah I used to collect warhammer and until the hobbit stuff came out I mean $120 for 4 people. No way. Sorry for going off subject :/

You guys are just so lucky :/

Wizard Battle is $30 here

How am I ever gonna get any of these.....

I am assuming that the country you live in has an average household income three times higher than in the USA. :wink:

I am assuming that the country you live in has an average household income three times higher than in the USA. :wink:

sorry to go off subject.

Hows that gonna help someone who dosnt have a job cant get one for 3 yrs and parents wont buy them lego....

Love the hi-res pics btw

sorry to go off subject.

Hows that gonna help someone who dosnt have a job cant get one for 3 yrs and parents wont buy them lego....

Love the hi-res pics btw

I don't mean to sound blunt, but maybe try to find something part time?

For under 16s.Yes

If you truly desire to get the sets and your parents won't pay for it, I'm sure there are plenty of lawns to be mowed for neighbors or other things. There are always opportunities, it is just a matter of thinking outside the box and being willing to find them.

Unfortunately you can't get everything you want. Chances are you could not get any now and in a matter of years pay more to pick them up. Or think outside the box.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought you had to be 18 for this website?

As for getting back on topic...I must have missed it somewhere, but in pictures recently it looked like the Mouth was of an olive? But it didn't look like other olives. Is it a dark tan skin tone? But it might be the lighting also.

Edited by TheLegoDr

It's actually regular old light tan (or Brick Yellow), not dark tan or olive like the Toy Fair pics made it look. And the digital render makes it look pinkish.

Just one quick question to the Attack on Weathertop set.

Do the capes of the Ringwraiths have to bent far beyond the figure?

They look really strange with the capes standing in the air.

How can I put them on to make them look better?

It's ridicolus I even have to ask this.

Just one quick question to the Attack on Weathertop set.

Do the capes of the Ringwraiths have to bent far beyond the figure?

They look really strange with the capes standing in the air.

How can I put them on to make them look better?

It's ridicolus I even have to ask this.

I'm not sure that I understand you. The Ringwraith capes are a new design, and feature an additional hole so that they can "wrap" around the minifig's arms. There's no bending involved, though, if that's what you're asking....?

Well their capes don't touch the figures back like capes normally do, they seem to bent so much, that the cloth can't touch their backs and just stands up.

I'll just add a picture.

dsci0042.jpg

I think it does not look right.

Edited by KazeMonsuta

Well their capes don't touch the figures back like capes normally do, they seem to bent so much, that the cloth can't touch their backs and just stands up.

I'll just add a picture.

Just shape it, puch the back cape into the body, and then work the "shoulders"

Any news of the new sets showing up in the UK?

Sadly not that im aware of but if I was to say a release date I'd say about July because thats when amazon has got the sets in stock (3rd), although Orthanc is going to be released this Monday. :classic:

Sadly not that im aware of but if I was to say a release date I'd say about July because thats when amazon has got the sets in stock (3rd), although Orthanc is going to be released this Monday. :classic:

I would agree with that, it could be Monday though because of orthanc but Lego when I emailed them said they didn't have any idea when they just said by the start of the summer holidays.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought you had to be 18 for this website?

YES, but evidently a lot of teenagers can't read instructions. Post or hint your age at your peril, some moderators don't hesitate to ban underage members.

I'll just add a picture.

dsci0042.jpg

If you have the Nazgul racing on their horses the cape looks fine. I think that's what they were designed for. If they are standing, you'll have to fold or squash the capes down a bit.

So no rumours of the Hobbit: DOS sets? I find it strange. I'd expect to have heard some rumour, a list leaked from somewhere in Europe. It would be unfortunate if we didn't hear any news till Comic-Con. Other than pure speculation, the conversation has dried up.

So no rumours of the Hobbit: DOS sets? I find it strange. I'd expect to have heard some rumour, a list leaked from somewhere in Europe. It would be unfortunate if we didn't hear any news till Comic-Con. Other than pure speculation, the conversation has dried up.

Agreed, Best thing about leaked sety names is when you can clearly tell wich minifigures will be in the set.

Agreed, Best thing about leaked sety names is when you can clearly tell wich minifigures will be in the set.

Exactly! The one this that a leaked list would confirm would be whether or not we'll get Smaug this year or next year.