CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I think I'd get too frustrated with so many black pieces! But extending the build time really does sound tempting :) Still have a few weeks to decide, though I guess it comes down to whether or not the bags are numbered - the decision may be made for us...

I think those coupons were only on the catalogs sent to people within a certain distance of Lego Brand Stores.

I live near a logo store but don't think we ever get offers like that here. I was just wondering if there was a voucher because although I have asked fir a catalog I never get one.

Are you guys serious? It's gonna take forever to build as it is!

Haunted House had numbered bags, thank God. Still had to have the parts in piles rather than spread out nicely, something to do with the fact that there were as many as EIGHT bags labelled "2" :oh:

I live near a logo store but don't think we ever get offers like that here. I was just wondering if there was a voucher because although I have asked fir a catalog I never get one.

the post just came and there was a spring Lego catalogue sitting there, are we not on summer yet?

When do you guys think pictures of the Hobbit: DoS sets will start showing up ?

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Hopefully sometime early fall so around late Sept/Oct; promotions for the movie will probably start coming more frequently then too.

Perhaps October time, possibly slightly earlier (the same time we saw the hobbit sets last year), we will also most likely see a set at comic con whenever that is, hopefully toysrus will have a few of the new posters like they did last year :classic:

Edited by Kez

Perhaps October time, possibly slightly earlier (the same time we saw the hobbit sets last year), we will also most likely see a set at comic con whenever that is, hopefully toysrus will have a few of the new posters like they did last year :classic:

I thought pics came out in July, most of the sets were available by November and the retailers will have their listings sorted well before that.

Just a small note for @Dfenz, you better have a review up asap for the Tower of Orthanc that you bought today or I'm going to be really upset!

I thought pics came out in July, most of the sets were available by November and the retailers will have their listings sorted well before that.

Nope, we only saw Bag End earlier at Comic Con. The rest of the sets wern't revealed until a few weeks before they were released (maybe a month top?) through the TRU flier/poster.

Edited by Deathleech

Nope, we only saw Bag End earlier at Comic Con. The rest of the sets wern't revealed until a few weeks before they were released (maybe a month top?) through the TRU flier/poster.

Ah, those were the good 'ol days.

The list was revealed in July, though. It was from a Russian shopping site, but the figures were incorrect. :wink:

Just a small note for @Dfenz, you better have a review up asap for the Tower of Orthanc that you bought today or I'm going to be really upset!

Doesn't Orthanc come on the 17th?

The list was revealed in July, though. It was from a Russian shopping site, but the figures were incorrect. :wink:

They only listed three sets, the Eagle Nest, Frodo and Ringwraith, and Pirate Ship. One definitely was wrong (Frodo and Ringwraith), and the Eagle Nest was questionable (Black Gate = Eagle Nest, say what?). They only were spot on with the Pirate Ship iirc.

They only listed three sets, the Eagle Nest, Frodo and Ringwraith, and Pirate Ship. One definitely was wrong (Frodo and Ringwraith), and the Eagle Nest was questionable (Black Gate = Eagle Nest, say what?). They only were spot on with the Pirate Ship iirc.

Talking about The Hobbit, bro. The sets that came out late last year, not the LOTR stuff just coming out now.

Bjarke designed the Council set too?! :wacko: He's on a roll! Helms Deep, The Unexpected Journey, and noe Orthanc and the Council of Elrond. :cry_happy: . I'm impressed.

Bjarke designed the Council set too?! :wacko: He's on a roll! Helms Deep, The Unexpected Journey, and noe Orthanc and the Council of Elrond. :cry_happy: . I'm impressed.

Those are like the best sets of the Middle Earth line! :wink:

Talking about The Hobbit, bro. The sets that came out late last year, not the LOTR stuff just coming out now.

Ya, I must be confused or have missed it. I don't remember ever hearing or seeing a Hobbit list before the TRU flier/poster went out, I just remember the LotR list.

The site is up!

I like how in the Pirate Ship Ambush video, the designer touches on why Lego decided to make the set despite it only being seen in the film a few minutes. As many guessed, it was because people love pirate ships.

Edited by Deathleech

Where are these videos? I'm dying to see them (no avatar pun intended).

With the product pictures on the site, under the "products" thing.