CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

mmmm. what else should I post?

Orthanc! And since that's probably not going to happen, PLEASE show us the Rivendell set. :wub:

I would take a blurry prelim pic of Orthanc over all the hi res of the Wave. And i dont count the pic with the measurments.

Can I ask who the other chap is in the pirate ship? We have three dead people, Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn and a couple of orcs. Then there is this other chappy chained to the mast who looks a bit like Aragorn but I am assuming we don't get two of him and why is he chained up anyway? I just do not recall a person in this role in the movie?

That is a Corsair (you know, the ones who originally piloted the ship before Aragorn and company commandeered it... the ones the set is named after yet there is only one of in the entire set :wacko: ). Specifically it is suppose to be the corsair modeled after Peter Jackson's cameo:

2e75177a9947.jpg

These people were asked by Sauron to go to war at Gondor. I Find the black gate not that impressive, It has nice minifigs and Gwaihir , but for the rest it's just a quite detailed wall. The ship is quite good, And look people, rejoice :wink: we've got a new catapult!

Thanks for the great looking pics. As for the sets, the ship looks very nice and detailed, but the Black Gates, not so much...

Oh man, thanks Grogall! :D

The Blackgate has just become a "must have", the ship is nice but I won't buy it unless I get a really good discount.

OMG, why can't these be out now!! Looove the corsair ship!

Don't think hit buy! if you think..............there gone!

Edited by GRogall

I hope it gets up soon for shipping. Black Gate looks tempting. :drool:

Edited by just2good

Just ordered Battle of Black Gate. It was instore pickup only. I won't be going to get it until around 9pm pst tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out. Also, KMARTMUST gives $5 off

Thanks for the pix GROgall. Once again I wanted to crudely show the glory of combining 2 black gate sets.

2vm606a.jpg

I just ordere Battle at the Black Gate!! I'll be picking it up on my way home from class this evening, assuming it's ready for pickup by then. :laugh:

Edited by The_Chosen_1

@Deskp: I agree, you need two to fully enjoy the scene (but when you have two, it is truly brilliant!)

The Black Gate looks great.

Unfortunately ......

I need at least 3 eagles. So i will need to wait for a 3 for 2 offer from Tesco, Toys R Us or Argos. LoL :)

Thanks for the pix GROgall. Once again I wanted to crudely show the glory of combining 2 black gate sets.

Great work looks good but now Iv seen it I think I will need to get some wing bits that are at the top of the tower that are the other way around Edited by SMC

Here's the description of the black gate set:

Includes a Great Eagle and 5 minifigures with weapons: Aragornâ„¢, Gandalfâ„¢ the White, Mouth of Sauron and 2 Mordorâ„¢ Orcs

Black Gate features cool spiked detailing, opening and locking doors, secret entrance and a catapult

Also includes a poseable horse

Includes 5 weapons: staff, 3 swords and a ball and chain

Combine multiple sets for even bigger battles

Defeat the Mouth of Sauron on the poseable horse

Look out for flying catapult rocks

Sneak through the secret entrance

Soar into the air on the Great Eagle

Collect the never-before-seen Mouth of Sauron and Aragornâ„¢ decoration and cape

Black Gate of Mordorâ„¢ (with gate closed) measures over 8" (22cm) high, 11" (30cm) wide and 2" (7cm) deep

Great Eagle wingspan measures over 7" (19cm)

(Me thinks that the secret entrance is at the bottom of the tower because there seems to be an exploding wall. :classic: )

Here's the description of the pirate ambush set:

Ambush the Sauron Army from the Pirate Ship with dungeon, crossbow, anchors, sails, Corsair detailing and 9 minifigures!

On the shores of Minas Tirith, Sauron’s Mordor Orcs prepare to greet their allies aboard the Pirate Ship – but all is not as it seems. Pull up alongside them, drop the anchors and lead a surprise attack with Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas Greenleaf and the Army of the Dead. This majestic Corsair ship features 3 large sails, removable rear section with dungeon and Pirate of Umbar prisoner, firing crossbow and loads of armor and weapons! Capture the Orc catapult and lead the glow-in-the-dark King of the Dead and his soldiers into battle at the War of the Ring! Includes 9 minifigures with weapons and accessories: Aragorn, Legolas Greenleaf, Gimli, 2 Mordor Orcs, the King of the Dead, 2 Soldiers of the Dead and a Pirate of Umbar.

Includes 9 minifigures with weapons and accessories: Aragornâ„¢, Legolas Greenleafâ„¢, Gimliâ„¢, 2 Mordorâ„¢ Orcs, the King of the Dead, 2 Soldiers of the Dead and a Pirate of Umbar

Features 3 large sails, removable rear section with dungeon and Pirate of Umbar prisoner, firing crossbows and lots of great Middle-earth Corsair detailing

Also features firing Orc catapult with wheels

Weapons include 3 swords, 3 crossbows, 3 spears, axe, long axe, bow with quiver and a longbow

Accessories include 10 plain shields, 14 decorated shields, shackles, 2 torches, 2 keys, rat, bread, diamond, coins, maps, goblets and a chain

Lock up the Pirate of Umbar so he doesn’t escape

Fend off the Orcs with the crossbow

Turn off the lights to see The Army of the Dead glow in the dark

Drop the anchors and lead the charge against the Orc forces

Measures over 13" (35cm) high, 23" (60cm) long and 5" (14cm) wide

Catapult measures over 1" (5cm) high, 3" (8cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide

(Me thinks that the secret entrance is at the bottom of the tower because there seems to be an exploding wall. :classic: )

It doesent "explode" it swings open!.