CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Local TRU had probably around 50+ Laketown Guards hanging on a side endcap wing. Wish they had that many of the Mirkwood Elf last year. I'm not crazy about the Laketown look overall, so I passed.

Local TRU had probably around 50+ Laketown Guards hanging on a side endcap wing. Wish they had that many of the Mirkwood Elf last year. I'm not crazy about the Laketown look overall, so I passed.

<screams of frustration> been calling my Massachusetts TRU for days with no luck. What part of the states are you in? I hope they get here soon.

I really think the DGB set would have looked much more impressive on a raised baseplate; specifically I have this one in mind:

2552px5.jpg

or this one:

6261px1.1076285480.jpg

Edited by Ardelon

I'm in WA state. I'm not sure if there's a pattern to how these things sweep, if it's west coast to east coast like some other toys; but given that I checked three TRUs regularly last year for the Mirkwood Elf and only one had five (ad I'm pretty sure these were a found stash someone hid in-store) that I was able to get, the abundance of Laketown Guards both in this TRU and on TRU's site should be optimistic.

^I heard they had over 50 at a TRU in KC, but then when someone checked the next day they were all gone. So I think they must be selling well. I haven't seen any yet in Nebraska, just a few hours north of KC. Not sure on the pattern.

Here's a Question, If Dol Guldur was built more like the lion chi temple, would more people have liked it ?

lego_temple.jpg?w=550

The Lake Town Soldier polybag is available in Oklahoma, specifically the TRU in Norman and Moore/OKC. While I was there they had a ton (plus today is the last day for 25% off $100). I managed to buy quite a few but seriously, there were about 60-80 left between those 2 stores.

Here's a Question, If Dol Guldur was built more like the lion chi temple, would more people have liked it ?

Not sure... possibly.

Absolutely! That's a much better general set design, it's just in stupid colors. Make a Dol Guldur more like that, with proper redbrown rust colors and green-grays galore, some bridges and crevasses, trapdoors and cages and stuff, and it'd be awesome.

Totally. Especially if they removed all of the vehicles and used the pieces to add more arch ways and such, or just took them out and lowered the price $15-20.

I have 4 Laketown guard polybags on reserve at my local TRU. (I did store pick-up) I wonder how much they'll be selling for in 3 months

I have 4 Laketown guard polybags on reserve at my local TRU. (I did store pick-up) I wonder how much they'll be selling for in 3 months

I don't think they are that rare. Not like the elf bag. I have 5 on eBay and they havnt moved at all.

Yeah, That would have been a very nice set. TLG likes to make cool stuff for lame themes, and lame stuff for cool themes. :tongue:

3 months from now, who knows - but if there's no Lakemen armybuilder come Dec. 2014, prices will definitely soar. These are probably a pretty good investment, much better than the Mirkwood Elves. I bought 8 of those and opened them, and then 10 more to hold on to - as soon as MEA was starting to get leaked on here, I sold those 10 as fast as possible for $10 apiece. It was worth it because they were all purchased for BOGO50 in-store, so each poly cost under $4 initially. But those polybags wouldn't be worth much now that the vastly superior MEA is available everywhere. Lakemen, on the other hand, have been a little more online heavy, appearing for sale on TRU.com over the past month intermittently, and they haven't really been available during an in-store BOGO50 - so the cost of acquiring them initially is higher, but if you want to resell them down the line, they'll be worth much more than any ME polybag will ever be.

As for the store pickup, I can't emphasize the value of this enough, people - I just reserved 8 more for myself (not even to resell) at my local TRU, it's easy as can be.

I don't think they are that rare. Not like the elf bag. I have 5 on eBay and they havnt moved at all.

Demand will increase once they leave the shelves, since they're the perfect Laketown armybuilder. In the initial flurry it was all about striking while the anvil is hot; I paid the exorbitant shipping from TRU when they were first available and sold the 1st and 3rd bags ever to be listed on ebay and sold 'em for about $30 apiece - they've dropped a lot in price now, but I was glad that I was able to recoup all of what I spent on 8 of them over two different TRU orders (one normal, one BOGO50) by selling just two of them.

Does anyone knows when the Legolas polybag will show up?

No idea. Not really an in-demand item, but one good thing is that it will help increase the supply of blond elf-hair out there on the market.

lego_temple.jpg?w=550

Damn I want this set now to MOD!!!!

Yeah, That would have been a very nice set. TLG likes to make cool stuff for lame themes, and lame stuff for cool themes. :tongue:

:grin:

I would like the Dol Guldur Battle set a lot more if it did look like the Chi temple. At least I now have a new MOD project :sweet:

^Darth - not everything is available for store pick up, at least not near me. I ordered the Hobbit sets from them when they were first available and tried doing store pick up, but it would only let me shop to home. When I went in there later that day, they had them on the shelves. Same goes for the laketown polybag. It will only let me shop to home. But I agree it is simple, when it works.