CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Thranduil has the weird ear position and Azog's hook arm doesn't even grasp anything.

I haven't rewatched the movie in a while so correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think his hook hand could lift anything in the film either. He's always holding his mace with his good hand from what I remember. That being said, it would be a nice touch if it could grasp things.

The poor radioactive ape, err... I mean Necromancer gets no love :sad:

I haven't rewatched the movie in a while so correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think his hook hand could lift anything in the film either. He's always holding his mace with his good hand from what I remember. That being said, it would be a nice touch if it could grasp things.

Maybe not, but in the film it's more or a spear or trident at the end with tons of spikes and such. If Lego isn't going to do that and gonna just give him a curve, they could of at least made it able to grasp things like a normal hand so it can be used in MOCs and such. It looks so close to the same shape of a normal hand, why not?

Edited by Deathleech

^ Those LDD files don't work.

The link's broken

I just checked to make sure the links work; I also made sure to correct my linking issue with Dol Guldur Battle. All links should work now!

I just checked to make sure the links work; I also made sure to correct my linking issue with Dol Guldur Battle. All links should work now!

Do you think you could make a Mirkwood Elf Army model with 4 gates all connected in a circle?

Thanks!

Do you think you could make a Mirkwood Elf Army model with 4 gates all connected in a circle?

Thanks!

Here you go! Let me know if you would like it in a different view. (If you do not have LDD)

mirkwood_elf_army_x_4.png

LXF File

That actually looks really nice! I'm looking forward to combining them now! :thumbup: :thumbup:

That actually looks really nice! I'm looking forward to combining them now! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ya it does! I was originally planning on getting 5-6, but 4 of them together looks really good so I might get the 10 or so I was originally planning on getting and making 2 outposts or making one huge one. Then I wouldn't have to bother with BL for the extra Wargs or anything, I would just have a huge surplus of neck ear Thranduils :tongue:

Do you remember these preliminary and preview pictures? h-zeiqu9z8.pngh-9s29zuy1.png It would be great to get another Mordor Orc torso and different Uruk-Hai helmet, but I think that TLG will never make that. What do you think?

Ok penguinz, now I have to buy 4 of them, and I am already low on money :cry_sad: .

Mr Cube, I would love to see new torsos, but indeed I don't think TLG will ever make them.

I always wondered why they didnt make the alternate torso from the Orc Forge available, since they already had it created. It would negate the complaints about having only one variant of Mordor Orc. I assume the designers have limits on the number of new prints, but this would mean the torso was dropped in favor of another new printed part? Still, they could have used it in other sets featuring Orcs. Well, lets hope for a new Orc print in the next (Gondor-centric?) wave...

I agree with Jeroenaa, but that orc torso- :wub: !!! I'd love to have it (along with the millions of other prints etc. we see in the LOTR game...)

I always wondered why they didnt make the alternate torso from the Orc Forge available, since they already had it created.

It looks like that print is nothing more than a decal like us consumers make, not an actual print directly on the torso. They already have the design though so who knows why they didn't use it, new prints aren't near as expensive as new molds...

Those other preliminary figs look great, but unfortunately I doubt we will ever see them. It appears to be another case like the Mordor Orcs we saw on the Pirate Ship Ambush/Black Gates prelim boxes, and sadly we never got them. We just more of the same Mordor Orcs with Uruk-hai armor.

Edited by Deathleech

Better question is why don't the Hobbits have painted flesh squares (feet) when the CMFs have plenty of legs with feet painted?

Because of where they are made and if they are really needed.

Edited by SMC

I'm not so bothered about the Hobbit feet- the pieces are more useful without the printing.

It's torso variance/colour variance in orcs that I want- that's why I'm pleased about these new orcs in the Hobbit wave.

Looks like someone from France has got their hands on some of the new hobbit figures (mirkwood elf and gundabad Orc), here are his listings, he also appears to have some of the other new licensed figures http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LEGO-The-Hobbit-NEU-Mirkwood-Elf-2014-zu-79011-79012-79010-79002-79001-exklusiv-/221308505718?pt=DE_AllesfürdKind_Spielzeug_Lego&hash=item338703ce76

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LEGO-The-Hobbit-NEU-Gundabad-Ork-2014-zu-79011-79012-79010-79002-79001-exklusiv-/321239897572?pt=DE_AllesfürdKind_Spielzeug_Lego&hash=item4acb63d5e4

:classic:

Edited by Kez

I don't know if this has been said before, but I like the new Orc design, but the color is too orange, IMO. I searched them on Google, and they are not orange at all. I also searched the Moria Orcs, and they are indeed kinda green. TLG made them pretty good in Lego. The Mordor Orcs are also made looking good in Lego. But, the new Gundabad (or whatever they are called) Orcs are Orange in Lego, but in the movie they are grey? How is that possible?

I was expecting medium nougat colored, not orange. Dark tan worked for the other orcs, but some color variety is good. Hopefully not that orange though