CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Ha, ha, digging that double catapult! :grin: . There are certainly a lot of functions in the Ambush set: catapult (double), swing axes, and fold out missile ( :look: ).

Off course they are :laugh:, although IMO it looks much better than the official image of the two black gate sets put together :classic:

Yeah they didn't do a good job with how they put the two black gates together, I wonder if they will show 2 elf army sets together in any instruction like with the black gate as its not on the back of the box.

Speaking of instructions we need to see if there is anything about another LOTRs wave on the back.

Edited by SMC

Wow! It nice to finally get some HR images of the sets. They all look even better than I thought! Thranduil, by far, takes the best new fig slot for this wave.

Too bad there aren't any shots of Dol Guldur Battle yet. Hopefully soon!

Anyone else disappointed by the lack of dwarves in this wave (Besides Thorin)? It would be fine if they looked the same, but they're all wearing new outfits in DOS and a few have different hair and beard styles. Hopefully they'll be more prominent in the final wave.

Edited by Speedza-Demon

Yeah they didn't do a good job with how they put the two black gates together, I wonder if they will show 2 elf army sets together in any instruction like with the black gate as its not on the back of the box.

Speaking of instructions we need to see if there is anything about another LOTRs wave on the back.

:laugh:

I really hope that there is some sneak peak in the back of the instructions hinting to a possible LOTR wave, the white tee of Gondor would be a good hint :classic:

Anyone else disappointed by the lack of dwarves in this wave (Besides Thorin)? It would be fine if they looked the same, but they're all wearing new outfits in DOS and a few have different hair and beard styles. Hopefully they'll be more prominent in the final wave.

I am very happy the first wave was way too full of dwarves maybe they should have saved some for this wave but we dont need repeats.

Apologies if this has been answered but do we have an official release date and prices for the US yet?

And after getting a good look at these sets, I don't quite get all the hate for them. The minifigures are FANTASTIC and the builds themselves seem very movie accurate from the few film images that we have seen. I think that it is much easier to give all the love to the LOTR sets because we are all familiar with those buildings and locations from the movies. Here with the Hobbit film world we are seeing (almost) all new buildings and they don't hold the same place in our hearts as the ones from LOTR. Just my own opinion.

:laugh:

I really hope that there is some sneak peak in the back of the instructions hinting to a possible LOTR wave, the white tee of Gondor would be a good hint :classic:

The white tee? I didn't know gondor had a golf course? :laugh:

Apologies if this has been answered but do we have an official release date and prices for the US yet?

We don't have an official US prices, but LEGO has said that these will be officially released in December. When they say that, it means that they'll be released in mid-November here in the states. :laugh:

I still need one set from wave one before im ready for the next wave.

^ yeah that's the one me and Kez were talking about.

I want to see what that means if there will be anything in the instructions about combining sets together.

The white tee? I didn't know gondor had a golf course? :laugh:

:laugh: Haha, well it does now lol :wink:, btw Im desperate to check the back of the box for the laketown chase set :classic:, GRogall where are you mate.

My guess is to check if you can combine multiples of that set as well. Am I right? :tongue:

I unfortunately don't have the funds to buy sets twice... Still need to get the Barrel Escape because there aren't any dwarves in the new wave.

Man, Batman & Hobbit alone will cost me another 360 EUR. I hope Amazon.de will be kind to me. :sceptic:

So are there high res pictures of Radagast yet?

there is no pins or anything to combine them but like the 2 parts in the set they can just go next to each other.

My guess is to check if you can combine multiples of that set as well. Am I right? :tongue:

I unfortunately don't have the funds to buy sets twice... Still need to get the Barrel Escape because there aren't any dwarves in the new wave.

Man, Batman & Hobbit alone will cost me another 360 EUR. I hope Amazon.de will be kind to me. :sceptic:

So are there high res pictures of Radagast yet?

If budget's an issue, skip the rest of Barrel Escape and just try to snag Oin & Gloin on eBay. Or, I might recommend waiting 12 months til we get pics of the TABA wave - there are likely to be armored Dwarf characters in that wave. However, I don't see Lego making another Oin or Gloin, so you might wanna just go for the Barrel Escape versions. (I can see Lego making armored Fili, Kili, Balin, Dwalin, Thorin - all high profile Dwarves - and maybe Bofur, since he's also a big presence. Other than that, I don't see another full 13 being produced)

The picture of the elf army with 2 sets one left handed one right handed. Is this how its meant to be are they telling us to buy 2 again.

It looks like the set is somewhat modular. Much like the recent Castle Kings Castle and Gatehouse Raid sets. So it can be attached in different orders, making it easy to combine multiple sets into a larger scene.

They can't do the 13 again, im hoping for just thorin, fili, kili

Yeah the elf army does look like the wall and tree can be combined in a number of ways.

I'd like an armored Balin. He's a super important Dwarf and important to FOTR as well. But I wouldn't shed tears if we didn't get him. Dwalin is a badass so an armored version of him would be quite cool. Fili, Kili and Thorin are the crucial ones, though, since they all SPOILER come to the end of their characters arcs at the BO5A SPOILER END.

Poor Thranduil, the trick they did with his torso obviosly isnt soemthing they can d with the arms, so he deserves a change of arms, maybe to perl grey or something more fitting.

I'm kind of hoping that they do do all 13 in full Bo5A armor for the third wave and movie. For the 3rd movie tie in sets there probably will not be a lot of new named characters. Bain and a couple of Orc's maybe? By the end of DOS pretty much everyone major should be on the table and well represented in minifig form. That should open the door for them to go back and do the Dwarves in the major outfit change that should occur then. Or at least a few of them. This may in part be why we have not seen much in the way of Dwarf figs this go round (and only one Bilbo and Gandalf as well). Yeah some other characters may have outfit changes, but honestly the change in the Dwarves and Bilbo's outfits to battle gear to defend Erabor is a major plot point. Much more so than a change of clothes for Thranduil or Bard.

I'm kind of hoping that they do do all 13 in full Bo5A armor for the third wave and movie. For the 3rd movie tie in sets there probably will not be a lot of new named characters. Bain and a couple of Orc's maybe? By the end of DOS pretty much everyone major should be on the table and well represented in minifig form. That should open the door for them to go back and do the Dwarves in the major outfit change that should occur then. Or at least a few of them. This may in part be why we have not seen much in the way of Dwarf figs this go round (and only one Bilbo and Gandalf as well). Yeah some other characters may have outfit changes, but honestly the change in the Dwarves and Bilbo's outfits to battle gear to defend Erabor is a major plot point. Much more so than a change of clothes for Thranduil or Bard.

Next year we need, army elves, army dwarves, army orcs, Dain Ironfoot, Bolg, and perhaps laketown guys. Thats 6 Highly needed new figures.

This year we got 11 new figures total, if thats the case next year aswell, there are 6-7 left after we get what I think is essential new figs.

That 'leaves room' forr Armored Thorin, armore Fili, armored Kili, new Bilbo, Armored Thranduil(?) armored Bard(?)

However in the first wave of the hobbit we got 25 new figures. Wich would be fantastic if we got next year aswell.

As for new molds, first year had 13, this year has 6, and I can see next year needing 5.

Edited by deskp