CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Didn't they give away a Lake Town Chase set several months early for some MTV thing on Twitter? If they did then that could mean someone has that set and the instructions. And the instructions could have the new sets advertised in the back.

Did the Helm's Deep game actually get cancelled? I know it's currently available in Europe, but I haven't heard anything about it (or the Batman game) still being released elsewhere...

They are both widely available in Australia. I have the Helm's Deep game.

Didn't they give away a Lake Town Chase set several months early for some MTV thing on Twitter? If they did then that could mean someone has that set and the instructions. And the instructions could have the new sets advertised in the back.

WHO GOT THAT SET??? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I need to talk to them...

I don't think they meant they gave it away at the same timethey announced it, they jsut said they would get the set before everone else right?

They might have just given away the displayed model, who knows if they've designed the box art yet. So it might not have even had instructions...

Actually that's kind of refreshing. It hasn't shown up on EBay for astronomical amounts of money,nor has it shown up around here or any other AFOL fan site. So it probably simply landed with someone who thinks its cool and kept it for play value. Well done if tats the case.

The winner is called @bwaaap on twitter.Trust me

Thanks for that, maybe someone could tweet her and ask, no harm in that :laugh:? :classic:

The winner is called @bwaaap on twitter.Trust me

When someone says "trust me" it always sounds really sketchy...... But i checked out her profile and yes she did win, I guess someone should ask if it came with instructions or anything...

Thanks for that, maybe someone could tweet her and ask, no harm in that :laugh:? :classic:

When someone says "trust me" it always sounds really sketchy...... But i checked out her profile and yes she did win, I guess someone should ask if it came with instructions or anything...

I sent a tweet asking about the box and if it came with instructions. :classic:

Edited by just2good

I seriously doubt it came with either, and if it did I am sure it wasn't the same stuff that will be released with the sets when they are officially released in November/December. If by the off chance they did get them, I bet they had to sign some non-disclosure agreement.

I sent a tweet asking about the box and if it came with instructions. :classic:

Thanks for that, I guess its worth a shot, although Deathleech will most likely be right, now lets wait and see :classic:

I'm normal. Trust me ;-)

I doubt it would've come with instructions. LEGO usually includes promo images for the rest of the wave on the back pages of the booklets. If they are making such an effort to conceal the secrets of the other sets, they wouldn't so easily throw those sorts of images to someone who could easily leak them.

I'm very hopeful to see some new pics in about a month. Mid October makes sense to see something leaked. By that time, there is only two months before the film hits theaters.

I am fearful about the confirmation of only four sets. They better be really stellar sets, or LEGO better have something exclusive up their sleeves to be released a bit later.

When can we anticipate seeing the remaining hobbit sets for this wave?

Late october. Nothing mroe than an educated guess.

I too would think we would have to hear (or see) something soon regarding the 2013 Hobbit sets. If you were a toy manufacturer, you would want your inventory for sale with plenty of time to allow holiday shoppers to buy your product. I feel that they really cut it close last year with the Hobbit sets. Before Christmas, inventory seemed very sparse, at least where I live. It was by dumb luck I was able to buy the "Unexpected Gathering" set since my son found one hidden behind other boxes at Walmart. It was the only Hobbit set I physically saw in a store before Christmas. I was able to order Attack of the Wargs on S@H, but other sets were sold out almost immediately on the site . When they did become available, delivery could not be guaranteed before Christmas . I know they wanted to coordinate the release with the movie, but the release of the movie was too close to Christmas and did not give someone much time to pick up the sets in time to make them gifts. Although this will be the case again this year, I would hope Lego would release the sets a bit earlier than last time and in greater quantities. After all, the company which makes the Hobbit action figures had their inventory out way before Lego did.

I would have to imagine that these are the only four sets for the wave. If they waited until later to release a special (Erebor, Smaug, etc) set, then they have lost the busy holiday season with which to promote it, and that would hurt sales. Dad might buy the special set to go under the Christmas tree, but would not be as likely to purchase it in February.

Just speculation of course, but that is my take on this.

I imagine TLG's licencing agreement may have an effect when they can release info about the sets and the sets themselves.

Edited by Darth Punk

I imagine TLG's licencing agreement may have an effect when they can release info about the sets and the sets themselves.

Exactly. Last year I picked up most of the sets in the after-Christmas sales. The movie opened on Boxing Day, I think I saw the sets here in mid-December, no earlier.

I believe here in the U.S they were released at the end of Nov officially (I want to say Nov 27), but as usual TRU had them a few weeks early.

I believe here in the U.S they were released at the end of Nov officially (I want to say Nov 27), but as usual TRU had them a few weeks early.

Nah, Toys"R"Us had them late. They were released on TRU.com November 27th (along with other online shopping sites), but they didn't start appearing in stores until early December 2012. They were first at in the US at Kmart, which was around November 12th.

Do you know if Orthanc will ever have its price reduced?

Very unlikely, as it is an exclusive.