CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Will see what they make from the baddies and if we get the same orcs/goblins all over.

Well, I don't mind a few of the same orcs, yes, it is nice to have new ones, but the old ones look great IMO. Some new torsos would be nice though, and a different face, and it would be great too if all the orcs have a hair piece or helmet. So, actually I agree with you, new orcs/goblins please!!

It would be very odd not to get a £12 set as this must be a good seller and money maker for lego but I would have said it is also odd the new LOTR wave did not have a £20 set given how many good sets they could have made.

I dont understand... Gandalf arrives and Riddles of the ring are always 100% stocked wherever I go in my country (or in nearby countries)

To me those are the worst sellers... my friend works in a TOY SHOP and he said they sold 0 of those sets but mostly sell sets for 24.99€ or 29.99€ or 39.99€ or 49.99€ ....

Beorn in bear form is about ten feet high according to the first picture. The Lego bear is eight bricks high, according to the second link.

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/beorn.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/lego/images/0/07/Cabin_side.png

I think that mold, with some good printing, could become Beorn. His human form has an outlandish design, his bear form is basically a bear.

I dont understand... Gandalf arrives and Riddles of the ring are always 100% stocked wherever I go in my country (or in nearby countries)

To me those are the worst sellers... my friend works in a TOY SHOP and he said they sold 0 of those sets but mostly sell sets for 24.99€ or 29.99€ or 39.99€ or 49.99€ ....

That probably has more to do with those two sets being rather mediocre/having no dynamic potential and having characters that are largely accessible elsewhere. Besides, while we logically understand that Frodo and Bilbo are the protagonists, they aren't exactly the most inspiring. I imagine the Wizard Battle is doing much better.

Funny, don't wanna veer too offtopic, but the Riddles set was a huge seller in December from what I saw. Sales did slow down come 2013, and there are still some leftover at my Target.

Funny, don't wanna veer too offtopic, but the Riddles set was a huge seller in December from what I saw. Sales did slow down come 2013, and there are still some leftover at my Target.

Does retailers not get more stock of smaller sets aswell?

^ yep that was my thought too, we are starting to see more news on other lines I wonder how long it will be before we here more of what is in each set, and even start to see pictures.

^ yep that was my thought too, we are starting to see more news on other lines I wonder how long it will be before we here more of what is in each set, and even start to see pictures.

October with its comic con should start giving us more lego pix.

Its a shame that we aren't getting Radagast the Brown's house in this years hobbit line... again :sceptic:

I agree. It would have been a great addition as, say maybe, a $30+ priced set with a nice herd of friendly forest creatures and such. We can only hope...

I agree. It would have been a great addition as, say maybe, a $30+ priced set with a nice herd of friendly forest creatures and such. We can only hope...

Well, you can always make a MOC and make a custom Radagast, and use some of the Friends animals :tongue: . No, seriously, a set with Radagast is nice, and some more animals is always nice right? Those Friends' animals are just so..., I don't know, but they are not for The Hobbit.

Will we get thranduil this wave?

I think he MIGHT be in mirkwood elf army, They will want to put a hero in that set. If this is the proper army, and not the mirkwood woodland guards, then it does not make sense to use Legolas or Tauriel. I am hopefull!

That said, I think Azog will come in this set.

I would prefer, if the Mirkwood Elf Army set is real, that it have all generic figures. If Lego MUST include a named figure make it someone generic who could easily look like a common soldier, much like Eomer in the Uruk-hai Battle. I think Thranduil and especially Azog are really distinct looking so I would hope they are in other sets. I hope the Mirkwood Elf Army set has like 2-3 generic elves, a Laketown Guard or two, and then 3 generic orcs or so.

I'd pay scalpers prices to get some Gondorian Soldiers here in Australia if they make them as a polybag!

2nd that.

Apparently, a person's fiance bought that hugely priced Azog:

It's good to hear that extravagant price was actually paid for a significant reason. It's still not something I would have done, but way more understandable as a fiancee's gift.

Apparently, a person's fiance bought that hugely priced Azog:

-Sci

Um are people forgetting the majority of the sold azogs were as expensive? Pretty sure the 1500 one wasnt the msot expensive sold. Also, dude on brickshow apparently hasn't gotten the news that nothing is confirmed about future azog minifigs....

Here are my thoughts on the minifigures for the rumoured "Hobbit" sets:

Dol Guldur Ambush: Gandalf, Radagast, Bolg

Mirkwood Elf Army: Thranduil, Elf Soldier (x2), Azog, Orc (x2)

Dol Guldur Battle: Gandalf, Saruman, Galadriel, Elrond, Elf Soldier (x2), Orc (x2), Nazgul (?), Necromancer

Also, I think set #79009 (between Pirate Ship Ambush and Goblin King Battle) could be the $40-ish exclusive featuring Bilbo and Smaug in the Lonely Mountain. Maybe instead of a bunch of gold coins, it could include some stonework in addition to the brick-built dragon!

Edited by TheWorldAhead

Also, I think set #79009 (between Pirate Ship Ambush and Goblin King Battle) could be the $40-ish exclusive featuring Bilbo and Smaug in the Lonely Mountain. Maybe instead of a bunch of gold coins, it could include some stonework in addition to the brick-built dragon!

I would think 79009 is reserved for the $13 set.

@TheWorldAhead: Great idea, if the sets turn out to include the minifigures you're suggesting I'll be very happy :sweet: The only minifig I'd add is Thrain, who would be very appropriate for the small Dol Guldur set :laugh: About the Azog "engagement ring": in case the minifig we're (hopefully) getting in December is revealed to be the same one, someone's sure going to be aggravated :grin:

Oh i didn't notice that gap, that pretty much emans we'll get 1 more set than reported on,

A lot of people are suggesting a brick-built Smaug which, in my opinion, could end up making a set crazily expensive if Smaug is as large as he seems from what we have seen so far of him. As for me, I'm not sure whether a mould would be better than brick-built despite my price concerns; after all, we don't know what Smaug looks like fully. However he is made into LEGO, I will almost certainly buy the set containing him.

Funny, today we have retailer's catalogue pics of 15 SW sets coming out in February but The Hobbit is still under wraps! Not that I'm complaining, I like surprises.

Funny, today we have retailer's catalogue pics of 15 SW sets coming out in February but The Hobbit is still under wraps! Not that I'm complaining, I like surprises.

Hmm, if the star wars pix only jsut got out today, then hobbit might come soon aswll, unless they didn't include pictures.