CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I doubt we will get all the dwarves, there are far more of them than the entire fellowship, all of them were in the first release so no need really.

Most of the dwarves are background fodder anyway. Outside of Thorin, Balin and to a lesser extent Kili I can't even remember anything notable about them in the last film. Very different from the fellowship where each character was properly developed and given the chance to stand out.

Most of the dwarves are background fodder anyway. Outside of Thorin, Balin and to a lesser extent Kili I can't even remember anything notable about them in the last film. Very different from the fellowship where each character was properly developed and given the chance to stand out.

Exactly. Even though PJ is trying to add individualization to each, the most he can do (without adding hours to each film) is the costumes. Which Weta did a good job with, each costume is unique and stands out from the others. I'd add Dwalin and Fili to that list. PJ seems to like them.

I think maybe the 300-soemthing pieces is from another set. Because I'm pretty sure theres more than 430-something pieces in the laketown set. There is now way theres just 300-something pieces in the laketown set they showed us. I can share my LDD file if anyone wants to check it out for themselves and fiddle with it.

The official number of pieces given for "Lake Town Chase" is 334. The same number of pieces as "Barrel Escape." This could easily be a coincidence, but it reinforces my suspicion that you are correct about the info being incorrect. :sceptic:

By the way, I think the set looks great, even at $50 US.

Edited by TheWorldAhead

PJ has said that all the dwarves will get their moment in these films. Thorin, Balin, Kili and Fili will probably be the biggest throughout, with Dwalin and Bofur supporting. In AUJ Oin, Gloin, Dori and Ori got a fair few lines, whilst Bombur, Bifur and Nori were relagated to almost nothing. The next film will probably flip this around.

It's a shame they don't get equal development, but with fifteen memebers of the company, compared to nine in the fellowship, it's easy to see why.

Exactly. Even though PJ is trying to add individualization to each, the most he can do (without adding hours to each film) is the costumes. Which Weta did a good job with, each costume is unique and stands out from the others. I'd add Dwalin and Fili to that list. PJ seems to like them.

The dwarves were designed so even just their silhouette, or basic shape can be easily recognised. This is important in scenes like the Stone Giant sequence.

The dwarves were designed so even just their silhouette, or basic shape can be easily recognised. This is important in scenes like the Stone Giant sequence.

Yes! That's what I meant! I think PJ did a good job on making them easily recognizable. I'd forgotten about Bofur, he was pretty import too. I'd like him to be in a set next wave, his fig had great parts. :grin:

No. There is really nothing to confirm the list in the slightest.

Edited by legomonk

I hope we will get Oin, Gloin, Ori, Nori and Dori in the sets, because I don't have them, and the sets they come in in the last wave, are kinda expansive for me, so I hope they will come in smaller sets :grin: .

Exactly! The Weta designs may not be to everyone's tastes, but the characters look unique and recognizable. The appearance of the Dwarves and Beorn in cartoon adaptations and paintings may well look more 'Tolkien', but would make for a very bland adaptation.

http://i.imgur.com/Npsn2TG.jpg

Here is the somewhat grainy but completely SPOILER image of Beorn if people have not seen it already!

Uurgh. He's uglier than the dwarves. Let's just hope we dont get exoforce hair :/

Dear all,

in the german 1000steine.de LEGO forum is a posting saying that in mid December 2013 the new wave of LOTR Hobbit sets will be released.

The sets should be the following one:

• 79011 Dol Guldur Ambush £ 19.99
  • 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army £ 29.99
  • 79013 Town Lake Chase £ 49.99
  • 79014 Dol Guldur Battle £ 69.99

The posting says that the source is a british toy expert, due to this the prices are in british pounds.

Set 79013 has already been published inlc. a picture.

For me this news seems realistic.

Regards

Edited by Kerntechniker

You know that that are not LOTR, but The Hobbit sets? But thanks for the info.

Edited by jeroenaa

Dear all,

in the german 1000steine.de LEGO forum is a posting saying that in mid December 2013 the new wave of LOTR sets will be released.

The sets should be the following one:

• 79011 Dol Guldur Ambush £ 19.99
  • 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army £ 29.99
  • 79013 Town Lake Chase £ 49.99
  • 79014 Dol Guldur Battle £ 69.99

The posting says that the source is a british toy expert, due to this the prices are in british pounds.

Set 79013 has already been published inlc. a picture.

For me this news seems realistic.

Regards

OoOoo thanks for the update any other pics?

2 dol gudor sets seems a lot if we only get 4 must play a pretty important part in the movie, having read the book umpteen times not too sure how it could be...

2 dol gudor sets seems a lot if we only get 4 must play a pretty important part in the movie, having read the book umpteen times not too sure how it could be...

Well in the mtv video the lady said 5 other sets meaning six in a wave so there should still be a small and a proper flagship to the list

Ooh, people reposting old news... Either way People have seen retailers catalogues by now, and noone seems to have disputed the hobbit set list, so it's propably real.

Lots more talk about the movies with no tie in to the sets, which we still know nothing about. Come on people. Stay on topic. This is a LEGO Lord of the Rings/Hobbit topic.

Well in the mtv video the lady said 5 other sets meaning six in a wave so there should still be a small and a proper flagship to the list

It might be 1 is Exclusive and they are only hiding biggest or smallest of sets ;)

who knows.... but I have highest hopes for Mirkwood Elf army, rest are not interesting for now... unless we get Radagast and Galadriel or some great figures.

It might be 1 is Exclusive and they are only hiding biggest or smallest of sets ;)

who knows.... but I have highest hopes for Mirkwood Elf army, rest are not interesting for now... unless we get Radagast and Galadriel or some great figures.

Then why would the set number for the samllest set not come directly before Dol Guldur Ambush..

Unless lego maeks some huge mistakes, there'll be plenty of great figures with these sets.

Edited by deskp

Then why would the set number for the samllest set not come directly before Dol Guldur Ambush..

Unless lego maeks some huge mistakes, there'll be plenty of great figures with these sets.

You are right ye...

Well the thing is there are not many Figures I would want from Hobbit line.... unless they make Amazing Beorn in bear form and unless those Mirkwood elf soldiers will look great then I am only left with hopes of Radagast (high chance) and Galadriel in white gown (medium chance).

Will see what they make from the baddies and if we get the same orcs/goblins all over.

It would be very odd not to get a £12 set as this must be a good seller and money maker for lego but I would have said it is also odd the new LOTR wave did not have a £20 set given how many good sets they could have made.