CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Emmm on their OWN shop at home site Stagecoack is 49.99 EUROS vs 29.99 $$$$$

I guess there is no mdidle retailer there only THEMSELVES..

That's true. But they don't undercut retailers at S@H usually, so everything is exactly at RRP meaning that most often buying directly from TLG is among the most expensive options.

Both the Mirkwood Elf and the Gandalf at Dol Guldur polybags tie in to the 2nd movie (after The Hobbit has been recut into a trilogy) so there's a fair chance they'll be available again this autumn.

I certainly hope so, as I missed out on both of them.

I'd prefer to see brand-new polybag sets, but I suppose it's possible that Gandalf and the Mirkwood Elf could be released once again in corrected Desolation of Smaug packaging. Who knows, though....Gandalf already saw pretty wide release here in the U.S. at both Toys R Us and Walmart.

Is lego really in the business of not making new sets? They've had plenty of time to come up with new stuff since the trilogy change was made. And I don't think repackaging will really help sales.

They might keep some current hobbit sets in stores long, but i don't think it will be at the cost of new sets.

More HR images of this summers LOTR sets.

Some pictures can be +3500.pxl

79005 The Wizard Battle

a_79005_box_front_800.jpg

b_79005_box_side_800.jpg

c_79005_detail_1_800.jpg

d_79005_detail_2_800.jpg

e_79005_detail_3_800.jpg

f_79005_detail_4_800.jpg

79006 The Council of Elrond

a_79006_box_front_800.jpg

b_79006_box_side_800.jpg

c_79006_detail_1_800.jpg

d_79006_detail_2_800.jpg

e_79006_detail_3_800.jpg

f_79006_detail_4_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by GRogall

Thanks for the new pictures! Arwen is my favorite figure of 2013 I think. The light blue and purple go well together, plus the new elven hairstyle. Although Elrond's new attire is pretty good too.

Already knew about the characters and features that came into that set, but it is looking awesome the more I see it. I don't love another Gimli or Frodo, but at the same time I'll take extras of them because their torsos can be used for other themes (at least for me) compared to some other figures from LOTR.

When will these new LOTR sets start showing up? I know the release date is June, any chance they show up in mid-May? Will they first be available at Lego stores, or will they appear at other retailers or online outfits first?

When will these new LOTR sets start showing up? I know the release date is June, any chance they show up in mid-May? Will they first be available at Lego stores, or will they appear at other retailers or online outfits first?

May 1st at S@H and US Brand stores!

Edited by GRogall

Thanks so much GRogall they look great, I presume that they will be released here in the UK mid June :classic:

The smiling Elrond face doesen't look like him at all.. Same goees for Legolas' hobbit version face.

That picture of them all waving reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies...for some reason. And I agree, I don't picture Hugo Weaving ever smiling really...especially as Elrond.

I think that's the first time we have seen a brick separator in one of the low cost sets?

I love Arwen. However I think last years video game pre order Elrond looks a lot better than this one.

In the Council, I think the two best pieces are the pearl gold circle plates in the table? Have they appeared before, in, say, Prince of Persia, or are they new?

If the set is $280 approx. In Aus I will be very happy, I quite like the set, minifigures are a good choice, 2 versions of Saruman this release is pleasing, absolutely rapt with the Ent too!

May 1st at S@H and US Brand stores!

May 1st? Interesting! Thanks for the pictures! :classic:

EDIT: I just called my local LEGO Brand Store and they said the only thing coming out on the 1st is the Series 10 figures. Can some other people call theirs?

Edited by just2good

Wow, thanks for those pictures GRogall! I'm looking forward to these sets even more now; and I didn't even think that's possible! :laugh: All the Minifigures look great, especially Arwen. I do think that Elrond's smiling face looks a little...odd, but it's not really bad. His smile could be a lot more prominent, and actually doesn't look all that out of place the more you look at it.

Well maybe instead of 7 sets they are doing 4+ isengard. Because not everybody can afford 7 sets + 200$ exclusive

Hmm, brick separators even in the sets under $40? I hope those arn't adding to the cost too much, I already have like a dozen from last years LotR and Hobbit waves alone!

Edited by Deathleech

Hmm, brick separators even in the sets under $40? I hope those arn't adding to the cost too much, I already have like a dozen from last years LotR and Hobbit waves alone!

Agreed. My collection of brick separators is slowly starting to rival my Lego collection itself. They were a neat little incentive to include in larger sets, but putting them in every set is a bit much.

New LEGO magazine showcases the Black Gate-two combined! LEGO really wants us to buy two. Why not make it a larger set? The Mouth of Sauron render looks really good...