CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

^^, & ^^^ Thanks, I think the sets are looking great :classic:

Edited by Kez

Check out http://www.lordofthebrick.com/ for another riddle that leads to a new prelim pic, this time showing a close-up of all four sets :sweet: It seems we're getting trans-yellow crystal balls and a special staff for Saruman in 79005 :laugh:

Thoses pics look still very preliminary. note Gandalf and Sarumans with blatantly wrong hair, etc. I think the crystal balls are just a standard trans clear with a yellow 1x1 round, like they do most lights. The staff looks like a 3bar with a Lightsaber hilt with one of those clear bulb pieces on the end.(no idea what they are called). The Palantir in that pic is a clear crystal ball with red 1x1 round. But those who saw it at they toy fairs describe it as a Printed minifig head.

Sorry for people not reading french, riddle is indeed in french language. And Google translation does not help much, I know....

For those who want to view the image but are having trouble with the riddle, just run your cursor over the map until you get to a clickable point. :classic:

Sorry for people not reading french, riddle is indeed in french language. And Google translation does not help much, I know....

I speak french,I am French! x) :grin:

Click on Erebor for the picture!

Can someone send the link of the picture?Because it seems few ppl (like me :grin: ) cant even solve this riddle and I shouldnt mention that I dont even know how to unlock the picture.

click on Erebor ;)

Wow, the play feature on the Elrond set is so pointless it's hilarious. What's up with all of these launch features in Lord of the Rings sets? :laugh:

Anywho, the set does look limited but still cool. The Wizard Battle set looks pretty cool, too.

Sorry to those who couldn't solve the riddle, I probably should've added the solution in spoiler tags :wink: @TheDoctor & Faefrost: Of course it's preliminary, but it wouldn't make much sense to have those pieces in yellow in the prelim picture and then replace them by the usual clear ones for the final product. And it's definitely yellow at least in this pic, just look at the rim of the crystal balls: if it was just a yellow piece in a regular crystal ball it wouldn't look like that (compare it with the crystal ball on the table, the rim isn't orange even though there's a orange part inside) :wink: I know it's just a minor thing, but I'm always looking forward to old parts in new colours :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I've been playing the LEGO LOTR video game and recently saw the part from FOTR when Gwahir saves Gandalf from Orthanc, the Eagle design in the game is identical to the one in the prelim picture. It seems that LEGO is making their new figures based on their video game designs, which makes me very happy.

Here is a reference image I found:

http://brickhorizon.com/boardz/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=42835

The only difference is it looks like the game developers animated the feet to be separate, but I believe the ABS version will be just one large foot.

Edited by Fives

It seems that LEGO is making their new figures based on their video game designs, which makes me very happy.

Other way arund the game people made their figures from lego's designs. :wink:

Other way arund the game people made their figures from lego's designs. :wink:

Yeah, it would make sense that LEGO would have their designs done before the game was complete. Thats one reason I love the game so much: its an amazing teaser at some of the things LEGO could make. I really hope we see the Gothmog figure. And the orc sword from the game seemed to be an altered version of the current mold in use. Perhaps the armoured orc in the Corsair set will have a dark brown armour piece with the printing from the game on it.

Wow, the play feature on the Elrond set is so pointless it's hilarious. What's up with all of these launch features in Lord of the Rings sets? :laugh:

I actually like the launch feature in the set. It does a good job portraying the scene in the movie when Gimli tries to destroy it with his ax.

Anyone else find it weird the prelims, even though they are prelims, don't show a hairpiece for Saruman?

The only difference is it looks like the game developers animated the feet to be separate, but I believe the ABS version will be just one large foot.

I really hope we get two distinct feet on the final version. That's the only complaint that I currently have about the eagle.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

who else is planning on buying 2 sets of "79007 Battle at the Black Gate" to make a small Mordor MOC? also i think "The Orc Forge" set will look good in the mix :classic:

Yes yes, indeed my only complain will be the so few sets to be released this year!! There are lots of scenarios and battles still to be made in Lego version, don't know what to make out of this decision TLG is making...in Mexico you can't find any Lotr or Hobbit sets, they sold pretty well!! Was hoping to buy uruk-hai at discount prices but any was left!!

Can't wait to see Orthanc's images and a larger LOTR wave!

Whoah!16 shields on the Corsair's Ship! That's rediculous, but amazing!