CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

With the first wave of The Lord of the Rings, weren't the members of the Fellowship intentionally spaced-out so people would have to buy most of the sets in order to complete them? As for Bilbo, we've seen him a few times so if they included him the complaints of "too many Bilbos!" would quickly appear. :laugh:

(Also, Merry was in Weathertop. It was Sam who was missing.)

Right, which is exactly my point. They don't put all the characters in a set just because they are important parts of the scene. Obviously that has some impact, but there are other things seemingly taken into consideration too. For instance what other sets are those characters already in, are their better candidates for that particular set, etc. I mean we easily could of gotten 1 Moria Orc instead of two identical ones in the Mines of Moria set and gotten another important Fellowship character, but that would of been kind of lame since you can form the Fellowship with the full wave and there are no other current sets to get Moria Orcs in.

(And yes, I realize Merry is in the Weathertop set and not Sam, but Pippin isn't either, hence me saying BOTH Merry and Pippin aren't in it. I meant one is, but not both.)

Without going into potential spoilers, you'll definitely have second thoughts about this statement after the Hobbit trilogy. Assuming PJ and crew stay somewhat true to Tolkien, that is. :wink:

I think Galadriel is MUCH more likely to appear in a Hobbit wave than in a LotR one. Heck, she already has seen more air time in the first Hobbit film alone than she did in the entire LotR trilogy. Her role seems much more important in the Hobbit trilogy. Plus with possibly more White council scenes, and the Dol Guldur battle, she should have a lot more film time to come.

If You didn't know,I designed Armored Lothlorien Elf and they accept it from me,and used in video game,also as Mouth of Sauron,who we will also see in Black Gate set,soo...I don't say that they wanted for me to desing that,but I am,and I sent it to them,and they make exactly the same in video game,and also Mouth of Sauron what we will see in Battle at the Black Gate set,EXACTLY the same,and also Gloin form The Hobbit.I say that:

If they used my ideas

If we thinking the same how they shuld look

So I could get job there,because Steven from LEGO moderator team told me on a couple of my desing that they are good

Hahahaha come on man. Just because you sent random drawings to lego doesn't mean your the designer of mouth of sauron or a lothlorien guard. Its very easy see if you had similar designs, considering you both were copying from the same material, but they didn't use yours. They have teams of designers working on figs at TLG who treat their projects like babies, do you really think they would use a non team members designs without compensating you?

You guys realize that galadriel is the one that speaks throughout alot of the movies right? I agree that a galadriel fig is more likely in the hobbit but for those of you saying she doesn't have a roll in the movies your crazy.

You guys realize that galadriel is the one that speaks throughout alot of the movies right? I agree that a galadriel fig is more likely in the hobbit but for those of you saying she doesn't have a roll in the movies your crazy.

Yes, I realize that but how exactly do you translate a voice in a movie to a minifigure... ? Especially when it's a child's toy. They would be like "who the heck is this"? They want orcs and the main good guy characters like Aragorn, Frodo, etc., not some elf who does some voice over work and has 5 minutes of film time. I mean I could be totally wrong, we did get the Mouth of Sauron who isn't even in the regular versions of the movies, only the extended, but I would think Eowyn would be put in a set long before Galadriel, or Sauron, Wormtongue, Faramir, etc. There really is only one, maybe two possible scenes Galadriel could be in which could be made into Lego sets from LotR.

Edited by Deathleech

Hahahaha come on man. Just because you sent random drawings to lego doesn't mean your the designer of mouth of sauron or a lothlorien guard. Its very easy see if you had similar designs, considering you both were copying from the same material, but they didn't use yours. They have teams of designers working on figs at TLG who treat their projects like babies, do you really think they would use a non team members designs without compensating you?

I didn't said that I designed them,I said that I think the same as LEGO Lotr team how minifigures shuld look.And when I asked for job,they said that I need to be 18 years old

Yes, I realize that but how exactly do you translate a voice in a movie to a minifigure... ? Especially when it's a child's toy. They would be like "who the heck is this"? They want orcs and the main good guy characters like Aragorn, Frodo, etc., not some elf who does some voice over work and has 5 minutes of film time. I mean I could be totally wrong, we did get the Mouth of Sauron who isn't even in the regular versions of the movies, only the extended, but I would think Eowyn would be put in a set long before Galadriel, or Sauron, Wormtongue, Faramir, etc.

I agree with you about her not translating into a LOTR set very well but That's why I said galadriel would be a better match for the hobbit. My point was that galadriel is a big part in the movies whether it translates well into action sets or not. Prob not as big as Eowen but the same problem exists for her. I think we will see galadriel in a battle against the necromancer set or white council or something similar.

I didn't said that I designed them,I said that I think the same as LEGO Lotr team how minifigures shuld look.And when I asked for job,they said that I need to be 18 years old

When anyone under 18 asks for a job they would say you need to be 18. Lego have a very well established style of designing minifigures, anyone interested will be able to reproduce it.

Edited by deskp

It's getting handled guys. Have some patience please. In the mean time, you guys without avatars should go grab one.

I'm still not crazy about that eagle? I can't get past the thought that the Creator one looks to be the proper size and actually has claws that can grab a minifig. Whereas the molded creature fig in the Black Gate set just seems small and lacking in real play value. It sort of illustrates why I am hoping that when they do do a Fel Beast it is brick built instead of molded. The molded stuff is either too small or it eats up so much of a sets budget that there is nothing else worthwhile there. ( such as the SW Rancor. Big cool maxi fig. Standing between 4 posts.) I want a Fel Beast that can pick up a horse in its jaws.

Without seeing what the final version of the eagle looks like, it's hard for me to form an opinion on it. I would like its talons to be a little more detailed than the simple square stud arrangement that is sports in the preliminary pic, though. :sceptic:

Edited by The_Chosen_1

I'm hoping for a Galdriel and an Eowyn sometime soon!

Fingers crossed for Galadriel later in the year. Unfortunately unless there's some Toys R Us exclusive thats yet to be revealled we're going to have to wait another year for Eowyn. :cry_sad:

Hi!

First post here, but long time LOTR fan.

I just saw this picture of the new minifigs on lordofthebricks.com.

I thought I would share it with you...

edit...sorry, I am unable to attach the file. Could someone please do it for me?

The new Arwen minifig looks awesome!

Edited by legocharles

Hi!

First post here, but long time LOTR fan.

I just saw this picture of the new minifigs on lordofthebricks.com.

I thought I would share it with you...

edit...sorry, I am unable to attach the file. Could someone please do it for me?

The new Arwen minifig looks awesome!

I'm on the site and I don't see any new Arwen figure... :look:

Anywho, Happy First Post! :grin::classic:

Edited by just2good

As for the discussion over the Mordor Orcs having incorrect armor for The Siege of Minas Tirith and The Battle of Pelennor Fields, has anyone looked at the Moria Orcs? Just a bit of repainting around the top (green to ... um... mud?) and switching out the arms would make pretty accurate armor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sidersdd/7174535574/

I'm on the site and I don't see any new Arwen figure...

Actual address is lordofthebrick.com without s. I didn't manage to click mountain in the pic, but I found the url from the page's source code. Unfortunately the picture is riddled with confidentiality labels, so I suspect I shouldn't link it here. The picture includes lower part of the preliminary Corsair Ship set in better detail and all the figs from the coming wave. Elrond and Arwen seem to have a new hair piece, both the same except Elrond has his diadem thing printed on the front. I think I'm jumping on the oh-gawd-those-orcs-are-lame bandwagon, all four of them have the same torso from Orc Forge and one of the Black Gate ones actually has an Uruk-Hai helmet. That has to be a stand-in, please? The corsair aka Peter Jackson looks to me like he might actually be sand blue(?) instead of light bley (compared to the helmets of the Dead) or dark bley (compared to Gandalf the Grey). Gandalf the Grey comes with the old long hair part that Dumbledore for example has used.

Edited by Haltiamieli

I can't seem to find any new pic on the site.

In the first post with the riddles for the ring set, click on the upper right corner of the image (on the mountain). I'm also disappointed that all 4 orcs have the same old torso. Elrond and Arwen look great though. I imagine they will just recolor that hair piece for when (I assume) we get Galadriel in a Hobbit set.

Actual address is lordofthebrick.com without s. I didn't manage to click mountain in the pic, but I found the url from the page's source code. Unfortunately the picture is riddled with confidentiality labels, so I suspect I shouldn't link it here. The picture includes lower part of the preliminary Corsair Ship set in better detail and all the figs from the coming wave. Elrond and Arwen seem to have a new hair piece, both the same except Elrond has his diadem thing printed on the front. I think I'm jumping on the oh-gawd-those-orcs-are-lame bandwagon, all four of them have the same torso from Orc Forge and one of the Black Gate ones actually has an Uruk-Hai helmet. That has to be a stand-in, please? The corsair aka Peter Jackson looks to me like he might actually be sand blue(?) instead of light bley (compared to the helmets of the Dead) or dark bley (compared to Gandalf the Grey). Gandalf the Grey comes with the old long hair part that Dumbledore for example has used.

Is the ship pic from the set, or from the game? There are some weird details in it? Like the blank white bat winged ghosts and the orcs with hair pieces? (Orcish hair club for men?)

Goodness gracious. These are seriously unique! My favorites are Gandalf the white, Saruman, Arwen and Elrond!