CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Oh no, I was sure I had dreamt that awful Minis Tririth set, how can that be right it is tiddly like smaller than a small thing on a being very small day, dreadful, I hope that they do not release that it would be so disappointing on so many aspects!!

I don't think a mini Minas Tirith would be a bad idea at all. Obviously it wouldn't be minifigure scale, but as an architectural piece that is probably the only way they could go about it. The full scale model is too grand. I don't see how they could do it justice in a scaled set outside of giving a little pond and the white tree with some guards maybe. It wouldn't be very substantial (but I'd still buy it).

I don't think a mini Minas Tirith would be a bad idea at all. Obviously it wouldn't be minifigure scale, but as an architectural piece that is probably the only way they could go about it. The full scale model is too grand. I don't see how they could do it justice in a scaled set outside of giving a little pond and the white tree with some guards maybe. It wouldn't be very substantial (but I'd still buy it).

They could do that and make The Citadel. Or make the outer wall in sections like The Uruk-Hai Army. I don't know.

I think that at best for Minus Tirith we may get small sections from where the various action spots were. So a main gate with battering ram, The White Tree, etc.Basically a lot of secitions of wall with minifigs and some play features. Like multiple Uruk Hai Army sets.

I think that at best for Minus Tirith we may get small sections from where the various action spots were. So a main gate with battering ram, The White Tree, etc.Basically a lot of secitions of wall with minifigs and some play features. Like multiple Uruk Hai Army sets.

I'm ok with that. It's just too massive to represent in one set without being comically tiny.

I could see Lego tackling a Minas Tirith set a couple of different ways, any of which would require a lot of scaling down like with the Helm's Deep set. First they could make it one massive, D2C $400 set like the Death Star. They also could break it into 2 different sets for around $130 each, an upper and lower half, with possibly a third much smaller army builder/wall add-on set like the Uruk-hai Army one. They could also just scale it down to rediculous proportions and make it a $160-180 set with the wall/army builder add on again (would be pretty much mandatory with this option imo).

they have four set numbers listed at

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2013

Under the LOTR section

79005 Frodo and the ringwraith

79006 TBA

79007 Eagle's Nest

And

79008 Pirate Ship

That's what they have listed but the three listged in the first post here are heavily rumored and I don't think these can be all... Elsewheer it has been said, which should be obvious, that this is a mix of LOTR and Hobbit sets, this site has just lumpped them into one section for now

they have four set numbers listed at

Under the LOTR section

79005 Frodo and the ringwraith

79006 TBA

79007 Eagle's Nest

And

79008 Pirate Ship

I think that info was already posted but anyways... I wonder if the 'Pirate Ship' will have the same design as the Corsair ship in explorable mode in the new Lego LotR game. Looks like a pretty solid set thoug.

I think that info was already posted but anyways... I wonder if the 'Pirate Ship' will have the same design as the Corsair ship in explorable mode in the new Lego LotR game. Looks like a pretty solid set thoug.

If so sorry for the repost... I'm new here. I skimmed over the old posts the best I could and didn't see it.

I can't tell but when I was having a look on brickipedia I found a picture of the pirate ship from the pirate ship page

http://images.wikia.com/lego/images/d/d2/1lotrpirateship.jpg

And I also found a picture of frodo and the ring wraith

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:1frodowithringwraith.jpg

The frodo pic looks to me like a MOC but the pirate ship to me looks real, who knows

I was thinking the same thing about the pirate ship set maybe being related the corsair ship on middle earth explore mode. I took some pictures but they didnt turn out very well. I could see this being released with something from osgiliath or an osgiliath set being released at the same time. Here are the pictures but they didnt turn out very good.

On another note i was watching a video of the making of the lego LOTR game and an employee of TLG said was explaining how everything used in the video game that is portrayed as being made of lego, is first built with the real thing. This doesnt mean that any of them will become sets but im sure its a good cornerstone to make the sets off of.

8235712857_3e0ddd15d3.jpg

Pirate ship by jhc2nmfn, on Flickr

8236778786_d9d8d8af8b.jpg

8236778628_08884cb269.jpg

Edited by jhc2nmfn

If so sorry for the repost... I'm new here. I skimmed over the old posts the best I could and didn't see it.

No problem, this thread moves pretty fast.

I can't tell but when I was having a look on brickipedia I found a picture of the pirate ship from the pirate ship page

*snip*

And I also found a picture of frodo and the ring wraith

*snip*

Both are MOCs, I think the ship is a MOC of the Black Pearl.

Here's an image of the corsairship from the Lego LotR game:

24mg5nc.png

You can also see it in the explorable mode of the game but I don't have pictures of that atm.

Edited by Cammo

^ Thanks for that, I kind of thought that after looking at them both for a few minutes they both looked like MOCS, I suppose that's wikipedia for you though :classic:

Those in-game Corsair ships are pretty cool. Hopefully the one we seem to getting in the 2013 wave looks similar.

Have we ever seen an example of a model from a Lego video game being released as a set that far in the future? Every time a Lego licensed game comes out many people expect models from it to be actual sets. But keeping in mind the development time that goes into the video games, and the many revisions sets go through before put into production, I think it's unlikely that any sets besides the waves released at or before the time the games come out will make their way, brick for brick, into said games.

I believe the Pirate Ship image is the Flying Dutchman. I do hope for the set, and judging from the in-game photos it looks pretty solid.

Cammo , what other instances were people speculating that structures off video games would become sets? Im not saying your right or wrong im just wondering because I was trying to do a little investigating into past threads and couldn't find anything similar. Now im sure these aren't brick by brick the exact sets that are going to be released but I bet they end up being pretty similar. I would like to look into other video game releases and see if its ever happened before but most of the other lego video games ive played don't seem to compare to the structures in that bonus level.

Plus, I don't understand why lego would have the same objects/sttuctures portrayed differently in their digital and hard copy forms. For example why would they brand the video game corsair ship as the "lego version" then release a completely different model for hard copy collections and call it the corsair ship? I don't know, that's just me brainstorming and really wanting to see the 2013 sets.

Plus, I don't understand why lego would have the same objects/sttuctures portrayed differently in their digital and hard copy forms. For example why would they brand the video game corsair ship as the "lego version" then release a completely different model for hard copy collections and call it the corsair ship? I don't know, that's just me brainstorming and really wanting to see the 2013 sets.

The only reason I could understand would be cost. If they wanted to keep the costs down, they might have to skimp alittle on the sets, as maybe going all out might be too expensive.

Am I the only one that hopes Eowyn comes with this headpiece? The video game uses the maiden one, but I think this would look a lot more accurate,

8207204387_66e559955d_o.jpg

Am I the only one that hopes Eowyn comes with this headpiece? The video game uses the maiden one, but I think this would look a lot more accurate,

Actually, I was thinking that that would work well for a Galadriel (if only it had ears, though). But that could work for Eowyn too.

It

To me it also looks more like Galadriel.. But I hope they use the hairpieces from the game.. I also like the Eowyn one..

But the girls all have different ones... Think Galadriel and Arwen maybe have rubber ones.. Like some dwarfs from the Hobbit...

What do you think about the second wave from the HOBBIT!!! Do you think we get more elfs.. Lets hope with different hairpieces then the Legolas one.

Its to do with production times, the video games ship could have been designes months ago to fit it into the game, while the real set might just have recently started production.

Like lego batman video didn't use the updated characther designs for all caractehrs coming in 2013.

I'm betting the Corsairs ship set will be something along the lines of the Fantasy Era Troll Ship.

I'm betting the Corsairs ship set will be something along the lines of the Fantasy Era Troll Ship.

Only more detailed.

Also, that mermaid hair looks great, but I don't think it would suit Eowyn. If the made a combination of that hair and the Princess hair she has in the game, so she could have the hair braided at the back but with the part in the middle of her head, it would look a lot better.