Sign in to follow this  
Ulizai

Babylon 5 station

I was googling some day a Babylon 5 station made out of LEGO and there was no big .lxf with some nice level of detail so i decided to build my own...

I know there might be some Babylon 5 fans out there that's why i thought i shouldn't just keep this for my self. :classic:

It seems my model is a bit too big to upload,~500k, (10k brick + groups and everything so that it makes it easier to build) so here's a picture (please tell me if the links don't work ):

- Babylon5NoSpin.png

- babylon5nospin.png

I'm still working on it, this is pretty much an Alpha 2 :). We will try to build it after i design a stand for it :classic: since it's gonna be huge.

If anyone wants to download the .lxf this is an attempt to share a file from dropbox so please tell me if it doesn't work : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylq2m834ypffxvo/Babylon5NoSpin.lxf

Please start LDD and toggle off physics checks off if you want to load the model... The main reason for building this was so i have some designs i can use to build it in real life so some collisions were getting in my way and it was pretty hard to fix everything with such a big model.

If you have any improvements feel free to modify the model and upload it back so we can get the best possible ship.

Hope you enjoy this. Sharing is caring !!!

Cheers,

Andrei

Nicely done. :thumbup:

LDD says a hundred bricks are misplaced... I don't like when it says that :sceptic:

But the ship is welldesigned, the internal structure is nice, but will cost a lot :wink:

You should carefully plan the support, it's important fot a ship of that size.

Well, for me the pics don't work. But after using open image in new tab I can see how impressive this whopper is. Great work!

The ship has been built and here it is :

We had to modify the initial design a bit to add some reinforcements... It can be pretty heavy you know :)

Hope you enjoy this as much as we enjoyed building it :)

Woah. I am a big fan of the Babylon 5 series. I have always wanted to do a Lego Babylon 5 build, but I was focused on figs and ships. This is probably as close as you can get in Lego. Is it on a movable framework? If it is, this should get to a convention somewhere. Mega-Con is just around the corner, here.

Woah. I am a big fan of the Babylon 5 series. I have always wanted to do a Lego Babylon 5 build, but I was focused on figs and ships. This is probably as close as you can get in Lego. Is it on a movable framework? If it is, this should get to a convention somewhere. Mega-Con is just around the corner, here.

We tried to build the ship in a modular way so we can separate the modules and reassemble them in approx 2h. We could also just carry it like this (with minimum disassembly) but where are you gonna fit 2.3 m of plastic ?! :)

I will pass on the suggestion. For now my boss would just like to have it there cuz he wasn't really feeling so comfortable with seeing us trying to hang it :). You know... safety regulations and such . Think he wouldn't like to see us making a habit out of it :)

But i'm glad you liked it... I will inform the others that helped building the ship tomorrow :)

Very cool.

Also where do you work?

I want to do that at work HAHA

I work for LEGO as a developer :), so this wasn't part of my job, just something me and the people around the office did while compiling or taking short brakes :).

And yes, it's a company to work for !!! :)