Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Ninjago Monastery (Ninja month MOC)

It took me some time and a dedicated Ninja month to decide and build this MOC. It is based on the TV show rendition of the Ninjago Monastery. Though I had to limit to a part of the courtyard and the proportions are not perfect, I hope you'll like it. :classic:

Here is the presentation pic, heavily 'shopped:

ninjagomonastery_000.jpg

This is the actual MOC, more or less a Hollywood styled background for some scenes I wanted to recreate:

ninjagomonastery_001.jpg

I am pretty happy with how the railings and door turned out.

ninjagomonastery_002.jpg

The ninja are sparring to determine who will become the Green Ninja (from the episode Rise of the Snakes):

ninjagomonastery_003.jpg

I tried to recreate the dragon pattern in the pavement, but I feel I was successful only in part.

Training gear in action; the dragon statue/central spinning gear is one of my favourite features in the Monastery.

ninjagomonastery_004.jpg

A better look on the 'dummies wheel'.

ninjagomonastery_005.jpg

More pics can be found in this BS gallery (when moderated).

As always, comments and critics are welcome.

Great idea! I've always wondered what a LEGO rendition of the Monastery from the show would look like, you really captured the feel for it! :thumbup: Great job on the door especially, love the way the training wheels, etc. actually pop up!

Wow very impressive! I especially like the training gear :thumbup: Excellent work on the monastery itself as well :classic:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I really enjoyed making this, so I'm happy others like it. :classic:

It think this should be decked out, complete with the rest of the building and at least a portion of the mountain. I love it to death already and am very pleased someone even bothered to MOC it. Awesome job LuxorV!