Mh, it got a solar panel... to power itself...a lot to do for engineers till 2020 to achieve it :classic:

I am not sure to judge this. It looks weird, and having the (wide) front shovel with only one connection point looks like trouble to me if the load is not distributed evenly in the bucket.

... And anyone mind explaining me the "augmented reality 3D camera use"? Why does this thing has windows then? :wink:

... And anyone mind explaining me the "augmented reality 3D camera use"? Why does this thing has windows then? :wink:

Augmented reality adds (digital) information to reality, so the added information (which the 3D camera records) is probably projected on the screen. You can see the real world, combined with additional useful information.

That's what I make of it, but I could be entirely wrong :wink:

Edited by Gekke Ted

TBH, it looks, erm, not very good! Kinda modern for the sake of looking modern at the expence of strength (look at how some of the tiny hydraulics are mounted) and ruggedness (that wide front bucket on the end of a single beam can't be good!)

That's an interesting machine. I like the telescopic front and rear scoops, as well as the front stabilizers. The offset cab is intriguing. This JCB looks more like a telehandler with a front scoop and a backhoe added.

The entire machine appears to be designed for light duty applications, so single beam on the loader is probably sufficient.

Augmented reality adds (digital) information to reality, so the added information (which the 3D camera records) is probably projected on the screen. You can see the real world, combined with additional useful information.

That's what I make of it, but I could be entirely wrong :wink:

It would make (a little) sense to me in a kind of head-up-display...But still having a nearly 360° field of view is the best point in avoiding damage or getting the job done. :classic:

The best AR-Apps I have seen so far is the flight tracker which you point in the sky at a plane and the app gives you the flgiht number and plane information and the ones for the Alpine panoramas that give you the summit names.

May be this give you the information where to drop the dirt

It would make (a little) sense to me in a kind of head-up-display...But still having a nearly 360° field of view is the best point in avoiding damage or getting the job done. :classic:

The best AR-Apps I have seen so far is the flight tracker which you point in the sky at a plane and the app gives you the flgiht number and plane information and the ones for the Alpine panoramas that give you the summit names.

May be this give you the information where to drop the dirt

True, the actual information used to augment the reality is not entirely obvious. Maybe there's a Backhoe driver in the house to shed some light on this matter :sweet: