HUZKEE

Stormer XL Custom Mod

I'm about to take this bad boy apart but I wanted to share it with you guys.

My Stormer XL mod. I thought the original was not worthy of the XL moniquer so I wanted to beef him up and upgrade his weapons.

So here it is.

I reworked the torso and filled it in a bit. the leg assembly is Rocka XL's with a few pieces to add bulkness.

I call his gun the Chaos Blaster. I think the name fairly suitable. It has over 70 pieces. It's totally nuts and epic.

His sword has a lot of Bionicle pieces as you can see, Hope you enjoy.

M6JHqh.jpg

5ElOqh.jpg

vpLMsh.jpg

4uuGbh.jpg

ASVWnh.jpg

udmSmh.jpg

a1hNnh.jpg

Edited by HUZKEE

Ummmm...

I like the kneepads and the use of a Breakout torso shell on his abdomen instead of a 2.0 torso shell. Everything else just looks... cluttered. His color scheme is not nearly as neatly organized as the set's, his blaster looks like a train wreck, and you even managed to replace the set's decent proportions with the more absurd proportions of the Fire Lord style of build.

Please don't take this the wrong way. It's very rare that I find a revamp that doesn't mess up at least one good thing the original set had going for it. But in this case I'm genuinely having a hard time coming up with any real improvements the MOC made on the original. I guess the range of movement and the fact that he holds his own weight (and his weapon's presumably enormous weight) are a sign of thoughtful design, but generally those are some of the minimum expectations for any MOC no matter what the subject or scale. Still, I guess if he came out how you wanted him to look, that's what really counts.

I guess I should reiterate that I really like those kneepads. If we ever see another HF titan set using this style of leg joints, it'd be great if it were to use those elements in that way.

Edited by Aanchir

Not fond of the MoC on the whole, but I do love many parts of it as separate MoCs o their own. I love the sword, nice job.

The gun looks like a really awesome Starship of some kind on it's own. It's a bit reminiscent of a Romulan Scimitar Class almost. Although it doesn't(at least to me) fit the MoC it rocks on it's own.

I also like the back wingy thingies.

Nice, but I agree, the blaster looks more like a ballista with the heaviness of an industrial drill than a high-tech blaster. It would be perfect though if you want to build a castle combining system and constraction styles.

Also, how many non-custom mods do you know?

Edited by DraikNova

I agree with people saying it looks cluttered, however, there is no doubt the underlying build and attempts to make Stormer look more impressive are a massive improvement on the original itself. The legs are very well done, it's only a shame the parts couldn't show more coherency in colour scheme (not your fault).

It stand just fine if a bit cumbersome. I had to add friction joints on his right arm to hold his weapon. More on that later.

I have a thing for big bulky imposing bots so I'm happy with how it turned out. I think the clear blue stringer abdomen piece could have been switched for a plan white one to conform to with the typical Stormer color scheme a bit more. The gun gray pieces were a necessity as silver pieces are still few and far to come. I might try the ones from Brain Attack when the sets come out.

I agree that the blaster is kinda nuts. It kinda took a life of its own after a while. I basically wanted to do a weapon as un-Hero Factory as possible.I can't say I hate it tho. I kinda think of it as Stormer's equivalent to Von Nebula's Black Hole staff. Something of awesome and devastating power. I agree it kinda looks like a starship :3

The reasons for changing his legs are because I was disappointed with the original's. I much prefer Rocka's leg design aside from the open spaces in the thigh area. I did my best to cover them but there are no size 6 white armor pieces which do the job marvelously on other MOCs I've made.

It stand just fine if a bit cumbersome. I had to add friction joints on his right arm to hold his weapon. More on that later.

I have a thing for big bulky imposing bots so I'm happy with how it turned out. I think the clear blue stringer abdomen piece could have been switched for a plan white one to conform to with the typical Stormer color scheme a bit more. The gun gray pieces were a necessity as silver pieces are still few and far to come. I might try the ones from Brain Attack when the sets come out.

I agree that the blaster is kinda nuts. It kinda took a life of its own after a while. I basically wanted to do a weapon as un-Hero Factory as possible.I can't say I hate it tho. I kinda think of it as Stormer's equivalent to Von Nebula's Black Hole staff. Something of awesome and devastating power. I agree it kinda looks like a starship :3

The reasons for changing his legs are because I was disappointed with the original's. I much prefer Rocka's leg design aside from the open spaces in the thigh area. I did my best to cover them but there are no size 6 white armor pieces which do the job marvelously on other MOCs I've made.

Well, you did do a good job filling out the thighs, I'll grant you that. The legs of this MOC are actually pretty good in general; my main problem with them is that I don't feel they work well with this MOC, since they aren't proportionate to the torso and the heavy use of titanium metallic mostly ends above the abdomen. With that said, upon review the proportions of this MOC are better than those of several other sets that use this leg design, especially in the third pic where they create a sort of forced perspective to make him look even taller and more imposing than he already is.

So perhaps I was too harsh in my first assessment. I still don't like this revamp better than the original set, since I felt the original set's simplicity was a pretty huge asset. But part of the point of a revamp is to expand on the original version, so by definition it's almost impossible to have a revamp that surpasses the original model's economy of design (part of the reason I don't tend to favor revamps over the original sets in almost all cases).

I think you've done a fairly decent job.. with the legs.

I've never been a fan of the Fire-Lord legs, but they're well covered, and the Stringer 'speaker' parts are kind of nice too.

I think if you were to remove the silver blades from the legs it would look even better.

Stormer's alt. weapon confuses me. It is chaotic, and for some reason it makes me think of the Plasma Blaster on steriods.

Maybe it could be its own MOC.

Stormer's sword looks okay but I think it's just a little over-bulked for my tastes.

Torso could do with a white part instead of Stringer's blue, but I like that it keeps with the color scheme. I also like that you tried to bulk it up where it was otherwise gappy.

It's a good revamp, but it could do with some improvement.

I like your take on Stormer, and I also kinda enjoy his utterly huge gun. My only complaint about him would be his arms. They would look really poor compared to his massive legs if you remove his weaponry.

But aside from that nice job!

you make the hips look fat. Otherwise, it's an awesome MOC that i can only dream of making.

Legs on very muscular men are generally very large there, so it's acceptable.

Also, this is quite the impressive creation. I like the custom Drones.

Edited by LewiMOC