Sign in to follow this  
The Heartbrick Kid

First things first: hello there!

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

Hello there!

I've been lurking for a bit (thanks to you, reviewers, who helped me decide what to buy) and I've decided that it's about time I start asking questions.

I'm 25, I've been out of the Lego business for a long time but I got back in 2009 when I discovered the Indiana Jones sets. A few purchases here and there and then... nothing. At the time, I wanted to make a 1930s gangster brickfilm, hence the Indiana Jones sets but stopmotion is so time consuming that I had to let it go.

Fastfoward, we are now in 2012 and out of nowhere, I decide to buy Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade. That's it, the rush is so pure, so perfect that I'm hooked again. I'm back in the game! Within decent limits of course.

And already, I'm thinking about trying to set up a decent MOC but there's so much to learn before that, so many beautiful creations to study that it may take me some time to do it right. Anyway, I'm glad to be among you now!

Welcome to Eurobricks. You've definitely come to the right place for inspiration, there are so many amazing builders and their MOCs here. I look forward to seeing yours in the future.

It's ironic; I've bought SO many sets, and yet I rarely MOC. My (admittedly hypocritical :blush: ) advice: just go for it! Build something small, have fun with it, and share it with us! The learning will follow. Take it from me: I've had a beautiful MOC in mind for almost a year and a half, but everytime I see a crazy new technique in someone else's build, I feel like I have to rethink the entire thing, and I never end up even starting.

Of course, LEGO is about more than just building, it's about community, building friendships as well as MOCs, so take everything I said above with a grain of salt; if you find you'd rather talk than build, just roll with it. :blush: Anyway, welcome to Eurobricks! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us! :wink: