Sign in to follow this  
SheepEater

4207 City Garage elevator fix

Great set, but to my disappointment I found the elevator descends on its own as soon as there is a car on it. (The long red pin doesn't provide enough friction). Here is my very easy fix to add even more friction to the winch.

You HAD to replace the 2x3 brick with two 2x3 plates + one 2x2 plate otherwise the gear's teeth touch the stud.

4207mod.jpg

Parts needed:

1 x 43093.gif

2 x 3647.gif

2 x 3021.gif

1 x 3022.gif

I have noticed people complaining about the elevator not going down when there is no car - this is unrelated to this. I have found the best way to deal with this is just making sure all bricks and tiles on the shaft are really tight, making sure no friction comes from the contact with the shaft.

Edited by SheepEater

I also pre-bought this part 4629c01.jpg to add to my 4207, and once I built it, I understood why Lego didn't include one: it's very hard to fit the car in that tiny space without the bumper touching the elevator when it goes up/down, and if you place the jack too far to the right, you can't pull the lever all the way down due to the fence... still I'm happy with the way I placed it.

I have had no problems with my 4207 lift at all, plenty of friction and a car sits on the lift platform still as.....no dropping ! :wink:

But I do agree with you on why didn't Lego include a jack to help change tyres on a vehicle in the service bay ? :look:

Well, the absence of a jack makes no sense at first sight, but it's very hard to fit a car on the jack without it stepping out of the bounds.

Edited by SheepEater

But I do agree with you on why didn't Lego include a jack to help change tyres on a vehicle in the service bay ?

That just hit me too. Checking BL, it seems the jack has been retired since 2003... Had no clue they did that :sadnew::classic: