crimson binome

Pirates of the Caribbean GOLD

I'm hoping the LEGO Group will release some gold coins with the skull design from Curse of the Black Pearl - I'd so love a chest full of them!

Edited by Mister Phes
- Interesting topic, but first post was very poorly written so it was revised for the benefit of others.

That maybe would had been cool, but I doubt Lego will make anything for POTC anymore.

But we will see if there will come a new movie, if TLG then makes any more sets.

Edited by Mencot

It would definitely require a new movie for the LEGO group to invest in anymore sets let alone new parts.

I agree, this would be a nice coin to have.

I would love to see this, but i agree that it will take a new movie for them to make any more sets. Maybe try using a 3D printer to custom make it?

Maybe try using a 3D printer to custom make it?

if I put my hands in one of these printers... oh boy! :wub_drool:

I'll start to pirating lego´s :devil_laugh: haha!

imagine all the posibilities!

if I put my hands in one of these printers... oh boy! :wub_drool:

I'll start to pirating lego´s :devil_laugh: haha!

imagine all the posibilities!

It will probably be more expensive than buying lego's :laugh:

That would be really neat to see those coins. I believe a new movie is on the horizon, but probably not for another year or two. And hopefully when they release new sets they will include sets from the other movies instead of mainly the new movie (even though that has the best chances of support). But TLG did release a new coin for Two-Face in the Batman theme, so there is definite hope for some new pirate money too.

It will probably be more expensive than buying lego's :laugh:

In time, it will pay it for itself! :devil_laugh:

Imagine everything you can make!, not only official lego pieces... but of course, I bet you will try them!

Not a bad idea!... It sure would look nice... on the other hand - Lego stamp on everything has always been part of the Lego magic... Adopting other franchises is already too much for me... :sweet:

BTW Does anyone know how much did they pay Disney for POTC licence? I've heard different numbers for Star Wars - from 50 to 500 mln $... How much could POTC cost them? :look:

It would definitely require a new movie for the LEGO group to invest in anymore sets let alone new parts.

Or maybe just a new Pirate sub-theme would do the job...

I shall bookmark this thread for future LEGO Ambassador reference.

This new gold is very unlikely to happen though I have nothing against it. If they do release a new POTC wave, they won't redo the Isla de Muerta, where it's only logical to find it. And eve if there is a generic pirate theme coming, I think they'll just use the current POTC gold molds with numbers. Would make much more sense to me ...