Sign in to follow this  
OrangeKNight

Hawken - War is a Machine

Hey everyone!

Hawken Just had a big Beta Event for the weekend so I fianlly got off my butt and got some game time in, had a blast! Between this and Mech Warrior Online looks like we'll have lots of Mech goodness for sometime! Hawken has a great Aesthetic so naturally it got my creative juices flowing! I had been having a good run with the Rocketeer mech, so I designed this guy based on it(or at leat it's weapons)

8133927131_e31e9e3e7f.jpg

8130111423_61df656260.jpg

Had a lot of fun with this, Hawkens Aesthetic and my Dense Building style meshed really well and I'm really liking hte overall size I got here, big enough for figs but small enough to be able to (relatively) easily build more than one or two! I think I'll try to build something based on the Assault Mech next, I've grown attached to it's big square head!

So hit me up with any C&C you guys have, but keep in mind that these won't be you average LDD MOC, these are built and colored with Actual Bricks in mind! There are NO Floating parts, NO iffy connections and NO Parts in un-produced Colors(mistakes still happen thought), just keep it in mind.

Mike

I love shoulder area and gun!

Though the feet look a little tiny.... I'm not sure how well this would stand up in real brick.

Though the feet look a little tiny.... I'm not sure how well this would stand up in real brick.

Well it's a little hard to tell, but the actual footprint is abouthte same as a 2x4 plate, with a Tbar in the ankle so I should be able to get the foot flat in most poses, increasing stability, my biggest worry is actually the knee, it's a new joint I'm trying that I've seen Fateheart use, but if that doesn't work I should be able to throw in some click hinges, I sure have enough of them now xD!

Mike

8137649180_f0e94da8c0.jpg

Had a bit of a flash of an idea as to how I could do the cockpit for this guy(on the left FYI) while at work so I threw that together during lunch and the rest tonight, but I think it's ending up a bit too tall, gonna have to see if I can pull some height from it, I'll also be doing a different set of weapons for it as well later on. still working on the legs as well.

Also Features an opening Cockpit(see if you can figure out how ;p)

As always C&C is welcome.

Mike

The one on the left has even smaller feet :roflmao:

The tallness doesn't really concern me, it looks okay, but it's not nearly as beefy as the one on the right, the right one looks way meaner and could stand up in the fight (literally with it's big feet).

Though I do like the cockpit section better on the left.

The right almost feels like at a transformable mech that's also some sort of craft (which would be pretty cool)

Simon, it's not a poppularity contest, as you said the one of the Right is tougher looking, and that's exactly what it's supposed to be, while the idea of the left on is being lighter/small/faster, check out this updated pic where I fixed the feet amung other things ;p

8140577592_877477de09.jpg

Click Here to view Original Size

Moar Progress! Tweaked the legs so they didn't feel as long and build up the weapons as well. right now it stands a bit taller than my first Hawken Mech, but it's not quite as bulky either.

It's armed with a TOW Launcher(Basically a non-tracking missile) on the Right arm and an Assault Rifle on the Left Arm.

All in all I'm pretty happy with this, I'm excited that I managed to work in the Friction piston, this gives me an excuse to order a lot off Bricklink! xD I'm also overly fond of the greebling I did on the back.

Let me know what you guys think!

Mike

Edited by OrangeKNight

Nice work! I too have been enjoying Hawken since Alpha 2 and have been wanting to start a mech. Thanks for the inspiration!