Ludzik

Long range fighter

Work on the landing strip has slowed down to the moment as the efforts were shifted to a design and build of a prototype long range fighter.

2uiksj9.jpg

No landing gear yet.... trying to figure out how to design something that is a good balance between a small hiding fit and ability to support the spacecraft.

30n93c6.jpg

It's got three engines for the speed and distance as well as for increased maneuverability (power distribution between engines helps with fast maneuvers)

6856qa.jpg

Looking at the Atlantis minifigs I realized that their uniforms resemble spacesuits :D

67i3op.jpg

The design of the ship isn't bad, the black ontop of the blue at a different angles makes for a cool paint job :wink:

But it's a bit hard to see the ship.

If you notice your ship isn't actually in focus :oh:

You're actually focusing on the rubble under your landing platform, or the AC box :wink:

Probably the easiest way to get it better in focus is to step BACK, and take a picture from further away, and just crop the picture - give it a try! :thumbup:

If you notice your ship isn't actually in focus :oh:

You're actually focusing on the rubble under your landing platform, or the AC box :wink:

Yikes! I didn't look too close on the screen how they came out and on the phone they looked in focus :) Oh yeah... it's black on blue as I got loads of black pieces from the grab bag purchases before they got pulled off the market.

Anyways, here's one that's more in focus

zvss2o.jpg

Edited by Ludzik

Much better!

I like the little binoculars and the side cannons you added (now that I can see them!) and the offset plates in the nose. I know it's a WIP, but still not a big fan of the rainbow background :laugh:

Unfortunately images on Eurobricks should be 800x600 pixels or less - so it makes it easy to load. Yours are slightly larger... check out the member guidelines for more info!

Please edit them down.

Very cool, I like how the central fuselage sort of has that 'old school classic space' vibe to it, what with the triangular shape and all.

As for photography - I might suggest isolating the build from everything else using a large (20" x 30" or thereabouts) sheet of white paper or posterboard. It goes a long way towards focusing all attention on the subject (the background in these shots is very distracting).

Very cool, I like how the central fuselage sort of has that 'old school classic space' vibe to it, what with the triangular shape and all.

Thanks... originally that wasn't the intention but somehow it ended up that way

As for photography - I might suggest isolating the build from everything else using a large (20" x 30" or thereabouts) sheet of white paper or posterboard. It goes a long way towards focusing all attention on the subject (the background in these shots is very distracting).

I know... but I'd have to take pics when my wife isn't looking ;) Since Lego at the moment is everywhere so venturing outside of the work area with any new models is somewhat frowned upon ;)