Santaduckz

Best/Worst designed licenced minifigure ever?

I'm a fan of Quirrell, The Penguin (2006 version), Bespin Luke Skywalker, and Indiana Jones.

As for worst, probably all Clone Wars figures, or original Watto. I know he's rare, but it's just boring. Phantom Menace minifigures weren't the high point of SW figures.

I'm a fan of Quirrell, The Penguin (2006 version), Bespin Luke Skywalker, and Indiana Jones.

As for worst, probably all Clone Wars figures, or original Watto. I know he's rare, but it's just boring. Phantom Menace minifigures weren't the high point of SW figures.

Agreed. IIRC, the Podracer bucket from 1999 had one of the underwater theme heads for Aldar Beedo. I know Lego was just starting out with Star Wars and at the time they didn't always dabble with ultra-detailed pieces, but the use of that particular head is rather baffling.

Best: The Mouth of Sauron coming in 79007 this summer takes this title by far. That helmet he has is absolutely magnificent :wub: !

Worst: The original Sebulba :sick: . It's even worse than that dreadful Aldar Beedo posted a while back.

My personal favorite is the Elrond exclusive. I think they just nailed the look. My least favorite has to be the original JarJar figure.

Best: there are so many good ones out there - LOTR/Hobbit and Superheroes are full of winners, but my favourite is Darth Malgus from the Old Republic series.

Worst: new Spidey. Looks like he's wearing pajamas.

Best:Actually I am not so clear because there are dozens of good minifigures in the licensed lines but it would most probably be Green Goblin from Spider-Man 1 sets.(Maybe because it was one of my first minifigures) :wub: In addition, Iron man and the new Joker are also very cool. :thumbup:

Worst:Speed Racer minifigures.

Best: Queen Amidala, hands down! She is accurate from every angle, and LEGO designed her beautifully. I agree that the colored eyes were a bad idea, such as the old Harley Quinn. (Now where did the comment talking about colored eyes go!?!?) Many of the old SW figs are bad because they're old! The only CW minifigs that I don't like are the clones, Mandalorians, and humans. The aliens I'm fine with, as they aren't the same species as the humans. I actually prefer the CW Barriss Offee to the EP II-III version!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Best: I just love the Darth Malgus minifig

Worst: Either the first Mace Windu or Juno Eclipse but I think I'll go with Mace. He doesn't just look bad, he looks like a completely different character.

41wSDaKoSgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Goblet of Fire Hermione and Ron look terribad too. What on Earth is wrong with their faces???)

Edited by Elrond

Best - Leia as Boushh

Worst - CW humans

There are many very good and very ugly minifigures, though..

That would be:

Worst: Aldar Beedo

30564.jpg?0

And Second Worst: Hagrid

Best: Iron Man and War Machine since they actually included flip up visors.

Edited by Rook

Best: Bofur and Bombur from the Hobbit line

Worst: Some of the flesh-colored figures from Harry Potter a long way back had pretty awful faces, such as Ron and Hermione. Looking back at Squidward Head-stuck-in-a-pickle-jar Tentactles, it's hard to believe that he wasn't originally molded like everyone else.

I really wish to see an update for Juno Eclipse that could be like The Unleashed Force (though not sure it would happen).

One of my favourite is Red Harrington. Her hat, leg print and skirt piece all work very well.

The ones I dislike are the Avatar characters, based on the fact TLG didn't give them Legoish designs and new hairpieces.

Best: Count Dooku (2013) He looks almost like Christopher Lee's twin! They really did a great job with him.

Worst: Can't think of much, Juno Eclipse has been made pretty bad, but that was 5 years ago, and her design was probably from 6 years back, when Lego didn't make such quality figs. I'll have to go with Lois Lane, she just looks too much like Black Widow. Which isn't saying much, because Amy Adams and Scarlett Johansson don't have much in common. And both their figures cam out awkward-looking.

I'll have to go with Lois Lane, she just looks too much like Black Widow. Which isn't saying much, because Amy Adams and Scarlett Johansson don't have much in common. And both their figures cam out awkward-looking.

That doesn't mean the version of Lois is bad-looking. I personally love the video game version more and I'm not sure this Lois looks like the Amy Adams. The problem of all Superheroines (except Batgirl and Wonderwoman) should be that two female hairpieces are obviously overused.

XL7jD8J.jpg

Edited by Dorayaki

Worst picks would be the original Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants (regular head with just a print, okay torso though), original Jar Jar Binks (newer version is better but that isn't saying much really), and both versions of Aldar Beedo (molded and brickbuilt).

Not sure about best minifigures; quite a few out there. I'll have to ponder on that one for a bit. I do think the Alien Buggoids from Galaxy Squad are kickass especially the dark red one from Star Slicer! Plenty of great ones from the Collectable Minifigures line. (Too many too list actually.)

Edited by TheOrcKing

Best: Jek-14, Red Skull, Comic Book Doc Ock

Worst: Guard from DC Superheroes and an upcoming Truck Driver from Marvel. And also Lois Lane from Man of Steel sets.

The new Kashyyyk trooper with the deformed head is a good contender for the worst in modern history.

Best: Poggle the Lesser- the sculpting is brilliant and the level of detail is remarkable.

Worst: 2012 Spidey: whilst it's an alright fig, but it's becoming so common and is getting boring. They could have printed boots on...

Edited by Sir Brickalot

My pick for worst is 2012 Spidey. In a time where everyone and their mother has leg printing, his is noticibly missing. Also, there is just too much blue on the figure. This might have been fixed with leg printing, but I'm not exactly sure.

Edited by montyofmusic

Elrond: If you refer to the closed eyes ones then they are asleep due to being knocked unconscious and chained to the bottom of the black lake. As they are in the film and the book.

Best? Oh so many good ones. I think my favorites of recent eras are Darth Malgus, Red Harrington, Oola, Slave Leia and Boush Leia, Last alliance Elrond and War Machine.

worst? Black Widow and Lois Lane top the list. The female figs just look awful with printed cheekbones. Also real high on the godawful list is Yazneg from Attack of the Worgs. Just wrong in every conceivable way.