Santaduckz

Best/Worst designed licenced minifigure ever?

I was clicking around on brickipedia today, and I came across the Juno Eclipse minifigure.

Juno_Eclipse.jpg

At first I thought she was just someone's poorly made decal version. But no, she's is the real deal. I can't think of a figure who I felt had ever been so poorly made. And that got me thinking, who else is there? Could TLG have made any bigger mistakes with their licensed themes beyond SW? This fig gave me such a good laugh that I couldn't help but ask if there were any others! At the same time, I'd love to know who you think the best designed licensed fig ever is! So post who you think are TLG's biggest licensed triumphs, and most hilariously dismal failures!

POLL:

(Please, from here on in, only specify one fig as the absolute best/worst, so it is easier to poll :) Cureently I am only including the first fig people mention if they choose more than 1. Also, please don't vote for whole themes, I'm not counting any others than Speed racer)

BEST:

2012 Joker: I

Twitch: I

TMNT Turtles: II

Bobba Fett: II

Atlantis' Barracuda Warrior: I

Queen Amidala: I

Iron Man: I

Nesquik Bunny!!!: I

Deadpool: I

General Grevious: I

Captian America: I

Harry Potter: I

Wonderwoman: I

Bellatrix Lestrange: I

WORST:

First Squidward: II

SW: The Clone Wars Humans: IIII

Captian America: I

Avengers Aliens: I

Juno Eclipse: I

1st Flesh Hermione: I

2nd Two Face: I

Speed Racer Figs: II

EV-A4-D: I

Hawkeye: I

NBA Basketball Players: I

Black Widow: I

Edited by Santaduckz

Some of the Speed Racer figs are pretty bad and first version of Squidward.

Best would be have to be new version of The Joker.

Edited by Neville longbottem

Best: Twitch (2010 Toy Story)- Wow. He is just too good. Literally.

toy007.jpg

Worst: Squidward (2006 SBSP)- They should of molded him in the first year.

bob003.jpg

Edited by just2good

Best: Twitch (2010 TS)- Wow. He is just too good. Literally.

toy007.jpg

Worst: Squidward (2006 SBSP)- They should of molded him in the first year.

bob003.jpg

Wow, I've never even seen Twitch before! That head is awesome! What license is he from?

Wow, I've never even seen Twitch before! That head is awesome! What license is he from?

Toy Story

Best: TMNT turtle minifigs

Worst: All Star Wars: The Clone Wars human minifigs with freaky big eyes.

Best: Star Wars Boba Fett (from last year's Slave 1). Just lots of detail and a great look.

Worst: I would agree that the Star Wars Clone Wars humans look really bad. I would also add in Avengers Captain America - I just don't like the head and darker colors. I guess it's also personally disappointing because Caps one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Best: TMNT (very unique, very interesting, looks like the ones in the show)

Worst: The villain figs in the Captain America set. There are too many markings on the faces.

Best: Star Wars Boba Fett (from last year's Slave 1). Just lots of detail and a great look.

Worst: I would agree that the Star Wars Clone Wars humans look really bad. I would also add in Avengers Captain America - I just don't like the head and darker colors. I guess it's also personally disappointing because Caps one of my favorite Marvel characters.

I definitely agree about the clone wars figs... eh...

Cap, however, I think it fine. I think it is the source character design, from the avengers which is more the problem if you don't like the darker colors. That said, I know how disappointing a fig can be if you are hyped up for it.

It is really interesting to see everyone's opinions! I would have never picked some of these as best/worst. It really shows how great the licenses are, as they let everyone enjoy their own tastes.

Best: TMNT (very unique, very interesting, looks like the ones in the show)

Worst: The villain figs in the Captain America set. There are too many markings on the faces.

The aliens are horrific haha. I still can't work out how they are meant to look anything like their movie counter parts...

I vote for Atlantis' Barracuda Warrior as best (and I'm trying not to think about the CMFs as there are probably a dozen or so contenders in there). The barracuda is such a compellingly bizarre toy to me, hard to explain. Worst, I don't know; maybe some of those Mars Mission aliens?

atl015.jpg

Edited by bjtpro

Its hard to pick who the best figure is since there's so many contenders. Star Wars has many great figures from this year's line up alone including Boba Fett, Princess Leia as Boussh, Queen Amidala, the Gammorrean Guard, Darth Malgus and Oola.

Worst easily goes to the human Clone Wars characters (some of the alien characters aren't so bad). I'm also not a big fan of any of the Indiana Jones girls. Either their makeup is barely noticable that they look more male than female (Irina Spalko, original Marion) or they overdo it with the vibrant colors that they look like drag queens (Elsa, Willie, updated Marion)

Its hard to pick who the best figure is since there's so many contenders. Star Wars has many great figures from this year's line up alone including Boba Fett, Princess Leia as Boussh, Queen Amidala, the Gammorrean Guard, Darth Malgus and Oola.

Worst easily goes to the human Clone Wars characters (some of the alien characters aren't so bad). I'm also not a big fan of any of the Indiana Jones girls. Either their makeup is barely noticable that they look more male than female (Irina Spalko, original Marion) or they overdo it with the vibrant colors that they look like drag queens (Elsa, Willie, updated Marion)

Queen Amidala is an excellent figure in terms of effort and accuracy. She's hard to beat, if only she looked anything like the Padme/Hermione face.

I think colored eyes are an all round fail. I can't think of a fig I like with them, and I think that is a lot of the problem with the Indiana Jones girls.

BEST: Tough for me it's between Iron Man (can't wait to see their rendition of the Iron Patriot), and also the new TMNT turtles (they look great.)

WORST: New Two-Face figure, the colour scheme is terrible it's way to bright for a super villain, I much prefer black and white.

I absolutely desipse the EV-A4-D minifigure. It is just so bad that I have no idea how it got through TLG's product reviews.

a4-d.jpg

Practically all of the Avatar and Speed Racer minifigs are terrible, too. During the time those were released, LEGO was going through a shift in the minifigures' level of detail, and those were caught right in the middle.

As for the best, I think there are too many to mention here, but a honorable mention goes to the Deadpool fig. It's just perfect! :wub:

It's hard for me to pick just one best and worst, so I'll judge based on the minifigures for entire themes.

Best: Lord of the Rings!! :wub_drool:

Worst: Speed Racer. :thumbdown:

Best for me assuming we're counting non standard minifigs would be general Grevious. If not either Superman or Joker.

The worst is harder to pick but one of my least favourites is Hawkeye from the Avengers film. Aside from the fact he looks nothing like his comic counterpart they were so cheap as to give him a printed on arrow pack on his back even though they could've easily given him a plastic one or at the very least a grey or black archer arrow bag.

I definitely agree about the clone wars figs... eh...

Cap, however, I think it fine. I think it is the source character design, from the avengers which is more the problem if you don't like the darker colors. That said, I know how disappointing a fig can be if you are hyped up for it.

Well, the Avengers movie Cap is more an Ultramarines blue (especially in the still pics) and the Lego Cap is more a navy blue. To me it's just a tad bit darker than I'd prefer, but I can see where the shading is so close that it could depend on the perspective.

Personally I quite like Junos torso, but her face has something very amiss!

Anywho, best figure. It's close but I think I would have to go for Wonderwoman. She has some nice new moulds and a decent amount of printing that is pretty faithful to the original, and, she has retained a lot of Lego charm! :classic:

Worst, I would probably lean towards the NBA basketball players. Those things just creeped me out.

Best: All the Toy Story figs are beautiful... But I have to say Bellatrix Lestrange is probably my fav. All the detail, and the new hairpiece!

Worst: All SW Clone Wars figs are pretty terrible... And Speed Racer, of course.

Best: All the Toy Story figs are beautiful... But I have to say Bellatrix Lestrange is probably my fav. All the detail, and the new hairpiece!

I 100% agree with you. It's sad to see that being the unpopular opinion. :grin: