Ludzik

Landing platform

Sorry for the messy pics but I'm as you can see in a middle of a design/build phase :) Looking for comments, thoughts, ideas etc.

The background on this is that it's meant to be an elevated landing strip that will reside in a city (I'm mixing the two... it's a future with trucks and cars and streets where you will also have space ships :D ).

Anyways, there is the landing strip with the platform lowered (the platform is meant to take spaceships from the upper level to lower platforms). You cal also see beginnings of a "control tower" that will be off to the side

dpbsyr.jpg

This pic shows a side view the spaceship platform being of to the side.

2mywawp.jpg

I'm planning on building out office/headquarters below the landing strip and off to the other side. I'm considering putting in a garage below the main part of the structure on the right...

Nice. Ï hope the rainbow build underneath the platform will be removed however.

Yup :) As I will be building out under the strip and the platforms I will be replacing the columns ;)

Nice job on the landing platforms, thus far, Ludzik. I can't wait to see what you have planned for the actual buildings that will ultimately support the platforms.

Interesting, colourful too ! :wink:

I like the Buck Rogers inspired blue star fighter too......Brick On 'Ludzik' ! :classic:

Actually that blue star fighter looks like an almost completely unmodified version of the Nnenn memorial Vic Viper from the Earth Defense HQ set, but without any of the stickers.....

Promising start.

Few ideas - the bottom is going to be covered right? So why bother colour coding the columns? - I'm assuming you're not plannign to use blue right - why not make it all blue? you have some dark bley pieces in there that might be of use later?

Also- the use of the light bley .... whatever pieces - to help fan out and support the runway - never seen it used like that before - NICE!

I think you're on the right track, it's hard to comment so soon into the build....

Are you going to put some sort of elevator system between the red square and the upper deck? That might be neat.

And have you thought about where to put the command deck?

Few ideas - the bottom is going to be covered right? So why bother colour coding the columns? - I'm assuming you're not plannign to use blue right - why not make it all blue? you have some dark bley pieces in there that might be of use later?

As I was doing my prelim layouts... well, I had to have the columns symmetrically colored :D

Are you going to put some sort of elevator system between the red square and the upper deck? That might be neat.

The red square is on "arms" that allow it to go up to the upper deck from the lower one. If you look at the two pics in one it's on the upper level and in the other one it's on the lower level.

And have you thought about where to put the command deck?

Part of the beginning is already visible in the far left side of the pic. There is the half circle window with some stairs hanging down :)

Thanks all for the comments :D

Actually that blue star fighter looks like an almost completely unmodified version of the Nnenn memorial Vic Viper from the Earth Defense HQ set, but without any of the stickers.....

It is :)